Terry_Burrows

Ashby ninja 400psi warrenty? still or not?
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:21:28 pm »
Hi guys here is one for you you thoughts  ::) plz I got a ninja 400 psi from this guy, I have had this for 5 weeks
not done that much with it,he got this bran new 2010 october! now I just noticed slight leak from under the pump
area? I have taken it back to ashby now in there hands,is that still under warrenty or not your thoughts plz?

the machine is great I am very pleased with the performance. :) he had only used this once I beleave him this was out of the shop smelling new! he sold it as the venture went tits up!before it started,what I mean is just because its changed owners
does the warrenty still stand,not a year old?
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Len Gribble

Re: Ashby ninja 400psi warrenty? still or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:13:07 pm »
Terry

You’re bound to get a bill  ;) hopefully not ;D  6mth ruling  ???
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:01:55 pm »
yes thats what I thought I know all about them  :-\
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:23 pm »
having said that they do know how to build a machine,and I have had some :o I have had so called top machines :P
and they are nothing but trouble visits back and forth problems from new,I just want a machine that works,not now and then ::) so who knows of one? I am starting to get very fed up of all the sales crap! from every carpet cleaning machine company in the whole Industry really, :P stop selling your crap please!

I just want a machine that works ??? not when it feels like it  ::) or maybe there is not one ???
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 09:16:29 am »
If you let cleaning chemical sit inside a Pumptec 400psi pump it will erode the components and eventually leak. Thats given that it is that kind of pump. You should also always flush these through with clean water at the end of the day. Nobody ever does, not who I know anyway. Personally think you will be very lucky if this is done under warranty especially as you weren't the original purchaser.
I see he only used it once so likely stood for months unused. This is what degrades o rings and seals.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 09:23:56 am »
Hi John I only use micro splitters so only put water in the tank ??? but I think this will be done to my cost,it really is a new machine and its still under warrenty till october ??? the leak is small and comes from under the pump at the back
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »
Terry

Think you missed my point 6mth ruling (service I think?) :o

As for change of ownership original bill of sale and service record will help! You’re a friend of a friend ant you. 8) ;)

John has a point most use and abuse and cry wolf suppliers/manufacture and yes they have there part to play ???

Do you turn the pressure regulator down before tuning power off? Been told this helps the pump and hoses/connections true or false don’t know but it dose sort of make sense on porties   :)

Good luck :-*
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John Kelly

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 08:40:44 pm »
Microsplitters are just as bad if not worse. Its like Sea water, taste it.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 09:06:45 pm »
pity you cannot run rad well ;D through it

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 10:24:16 am »
back from fishing! yes I do run the pump down before turning off,this is only a very small leak under the pump,it cant be too bad ,I agree it could be lack of use ??? will keep you posted should get it back this week some time,
had to cancel work :P at ashbys they said there are o rings could be that ??? will see thanks for your thoughts!
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

james roffey

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 05:09:54 pm »
I got my Airflex Turbo off ebay and Mat at Cleansmart acknowledged the six months warranty still on it, BUT i sold my Ninja because i lost all trust in Ashbys i felt they looked to make a quick buck all the time, anyway the Airflex is a better machine and Cleansmart are first rate. the Ninja is a good twin vac machine though.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 06:12:43 pm »
yes everyone says what you just said funny that ::) :o I wait to hear from them, they know me very well,all I can say is I speak as I find,they might not want that,too many people know me ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Steve Gunn

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 09:02:08 pm »
If Derek deals with you they may honor the warranty but if Martin gets involved get your cheque book out

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 07:02:04 am »
funny I was with Derek at dartford talking with him telling him I just got the machine,then after I noticed
I had a problem! Edd knew about this,I am getting mixed thoughts some say a warrenty is a warrenty? I am going to find out this week for sure!
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Len Gribble

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 08:23:20 pm »
Terry

Don’t think edd is new but knew

Just mention temple hill if you are not satisfied but I’m sure you will be  ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 09:44:05 pm »
Hi Len spoke to Edd today still in the Air ??? may do under warrenty yet they are looking at it tomoz!
it really cant be bad this machine is pristine ;D but rubber rings or what ever surely? will keep you all posted
its Important to let all CC know who really looks after us when things go wrong!its us that keeps them alive!
they said its up to Derek if the warrenty is transferable ??? cant see why not ??? ::) I will speak as I find
and trust me I will,to many people know me in the Industry :-X
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

John Milnes

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 09:48:37 pm »
The 400 psi pump is mounted on top of the motor. When the pump leaks it goes into the motor.. so then you have short motor life and the capacitor can soon give up as well.

Why does the pump start leaking after not much use? Because in the Ninja 400 psi the motor is under rated...the alloy bearing housing starts to wear because it cannot cope with the counter force of the pump and, therefore the spindle runs out of center causing premature wear of the bearings which acts on the piston. The piston then wears due to the spindle running out of true.

I called Pumptech in the US a few years ago...they said the motor fitted inthe Ninja is not suited to their 400 psi pump head.
Why did I call them? Because I was using a new motor from Ashbys every 3 months at £200 a time :o

Now take the Airflex...it has a BIG 1 horse power motor to the same pump head. If the pump leaks, it won't leak into the motor as is is mounted sideways.
In my experience, the seals will only need replacing every 6 to 8 months.
I'v had my Airflex nearly 2 years and not needed to change the pump motor.
The pump motor on the Airflex is unlikely to wear due to the counter force of the pump because of it's size.

In other words....I'd never buy a 400psi Ninja again ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 06:51:20 am »
the fact is the machine has had no use whatsoever ??? so I cant get me head round why the prob so early in its life ???
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 12:56:24 pm »
well guess what! they are not transfering the warrenty, :P they say no service record on the machine :P
its the head seals that are gone,tryed selling me a new head :P £200
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

james roffey

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 01:08:51 pm »
well guess what! they are not transfering the warrenty, :P they say no service record on the machine :P
its the head seals that are gone,tryed selling me a new head :P £200

Everytime my Ninja went to Ashbys it cost me, in the end i thought how do i know they are not ripping me off, answer i didn't so when i had the oppotunity to get the Ariflex i sold my Ninja from my experiences at Cleansmart i now have a supplier who i trust and i have now built up a good relationship with Sarah and Mat.
Mat took over the warranty and replaced a vac that was probably damaged by me he also modified it free of charge too, and i know why he did this because he sees the benefit of customer loyalty rather than making a quick buck, i will never use Ashbys again.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 01:43:30 pm »
oops sent to early! so I said just replace the rubbers still coming to £150 what a bunch rip offs
not Impressed beware to all,  :P
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 01:46:37 pm »
looks like I will be doing the same I said I speak as I find,everyone speaks of Ashbys the same bad! :P

ASHBYS SHAME ON YOU! :P £150 2 rubber rings to be fitted :o :o :o
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 02:39:26 pm »
Did you get a breakdown of Labour Cost Parts VAT etc etc

Reports like this put you off phoning them for a part

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 03:03:23 pm »
Hi Ian £35 per rubber o ring whatever they are,plus £60 labour they have had my machine since last thursday! :P
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

John Kelly

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 03:46:15 pm »
Terry I explained why the pump would be knacked, lack of use. O rings dry out. And probably chemical sitting in the pump head for months. An o ring kit for that pump is around £115 I believe.
Suppliers don't make as much as you might expect on machines and if they fixed every one which had been abused they would soon be out of business.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 03:53:08 pm »
I always say factor in repair costs when buying secondhand

richy27

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 03:58:43 pm »
i would say most porty problems are down to user error. why would a supplier or should be out of pocket due to peoples lack of care for their equipment .

when buying sec hand i doubt many suppliers would honour much warranty as normally its non transferable .

also as ian says factoring into the costs of repairs to any sec hand machine should be taken into account.   

ps terry thought you had a powerflite

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 04:59:27 pm »
Hi Richard I did for 14months problems  :P some warrenty some not! vac after 6 months not under! pump problem the little piston thingy ??? knackered, 6 times going back 800 miles later,had enough! I will say they gave me great service all the time, but just got fed up of non reliable machines,the ninja been used just once,
I dont think theres a carpet machine on the market today,that has not got a problem of some kind, ::)

BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

richy27

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 06:11:17 pm »
terry you seem be bit unlucky with your kit  .      you not trying to pinch  mark d alcorns  no1 most unlucky carpet cleaner spot are you   ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 06:27:21 pm »
Richard your so right! ::) I have had 4 machines in the last couple of years now,2 of them brand new,Rhino
nothing but aggro! Power flite, simlar ::) the problem they are 65 miles away 130mls round trip plus juice wasted day etc, I thought Ashby are only 14miles if I get a problem, they even asked do I want a service £90 plus! after trying to sell a new pump head to me £215, I said just do the rubbers ??? and Derek only said to me
the other day, why have I never got a a new machine from them , story goes on,I told them I was putting it out on here :o its only fair why not ,its still going to cost me £150, might be selling it all had enough! :o

what I forgot to say just last week Derek said! if I had brought a machine off of them,he would have changed a vac!
under the warranty after 6 months, well have they got egg on they faces! now so gone back on his word or what,his warranty
is not worth much at all ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 10:31:21 pm »
2nd Hand not new that is the chance you take don't blame Ashby's for you grabbing a bargain or not. They like the rest of us have a business to run not a charity £150 peanuts in the way of repairs.

Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 05:06:22 am »
come on rubber rings :P still under warranty :P who you kidding ::) there all the same when you buy its all under warranty,untill it goes wrong! :o then its thats not covered under warranty ::) ::) what a con! you dont know how good the warranty is untill it bloody thing does go wrong ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:20 am »
just got machine back! ;D after one week, :P £167 later for Rubbers etc Edd could not even come out to see me :P
so nice down there,what machine next,I have had Rhino,mytee,power flite all new! now got the ninja which like new! anyone got a good machine lately! so who has the best porty!  ;D

even Amtech gave the best support! but not all things come under the warranty,like I say you find out just how good it all is
when they go wrong! and they did ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 09:41:32 pm »
Have you still got the machines?

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 11:15:15 pm »
Hi Ian well no! :D as one was no good moved on to the next and so on, :o just want a machine to work,thats all
 :'(
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 11:35:30 am »
 >:( O dear just after 2 jobs since picking it up from Ashby,its leaking again  ::) the last bill £167 last thursday
used it yester one job today one job,back to square one, I bet there going to say it needs a new pump head,
the new sills have lasted just 2 jobs thats no value >:( so back I will go Edd better hide! :-X
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 12:12:42 pm »
Hope you got machine at good price?

why did other chap sell? I am amazed number of people who spend out and do not use machines aledgley

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 01:41:09 pm »
One care full lady owner hardly used  ;) ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 02:27:45 pm »
 ;D really Tony I wish you could see it,brand new, its now back with Ashbys,after 2 jobs 2 hours work,lets see what else they are going to come up with, ??? needs new pump ::) they are so rude down there, pauls not much better,they breed not nice people! attitude arrogant! get out the shop as soon as you can please! ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 07:34:52 pm »
bet I get a call thursday :P its a new pump head :P
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 07:49:52 am »
But is it the machine that is under warrenty, or the machine with a certain owner.

I think you need to get the sale of goods act, (which includes warrenties) quoted to them, after all when a car is new the warrenty is for the car, not the owner.

Just my thoughts on the situation, I think Ashby's are losing an awful lot of goodwill here, and many people will think twice about using them again.
A small thing like this has the ability to snowball and bring a company down.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 08:13:31 am »
Hi many have told me it should still be under warranty,they know very well who I am they have got the arse
simply I did not buy new from them,I cant stress how new this machine is condition wise,in out hoses wand,
I am going to look into this,I hate dealing with them >:( just 2 hours after they repaired it leaks from underneath again,when I said to them, dont you test before you let go ::) he said I did ::) I said but its under pressure when it does leak not standing doing nothing :P he did not like my reply,my pal wanted to drag him across the counter he took an instant dislkie to my friend ::)he is 20 stone ;D just rude people,
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2011, 09:34:00 am »
May-bee you should search the net to find out about transfer of warranties .

But the get out clause has always been the six month service.

It has been well debated in the past on here.

A leason to us all check out validity of any warranty when buying secondhand

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 09:41:38 am »
 ;D well well well ;D I spoke to Derek Ashby ;D Totally differant attitude, said he will deal with it and said I should have had this done correctly in the first place,new head so charges will be made by taking off what the charged me in the first place,ie the rubber kit sills £70,just goes to show dont talk to the oily rags,go to the top!
its just a pity the others cant take a leaf out of Dereks book :'(

just maybe they are starting to turn things around,I have been onto consumers act ::) not much I can do,but the goods service act like the repairs,that is a case,but they are sorting it out, I feel sure now that Derek has been on the case it will be sorted  ;D

I just want a machine to work! ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 05:29:45 pm »
Just watch Edd doesn't set the dog on yer  :o
"So basically its a big vax!"

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2011, 05:47:46 pm »
well the update is need a new pump ::) but there is some humble pie in there  ::) the chargeing plus less what I have already spent with them,so Derek really is the guy to deal with,pick up next week ;D £190 bill :-\
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Steve Gunn

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2011, 06:20:17 pm »
well the update is need a new pump ::) but there is some humble pie in there  ::) the chargeing plus less what I have already spent with them,so Derek really is the guy to deal with,pick up next week ;D £190 bill :-\

I told you Derek is the man to deal with his sons really do his company no favours

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2011, 06:34:27 pm »
yes totally agree with you ::) pity they dont share his passion ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

brianbarber

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »
It's a real shame,
Your staff need to sing from the same hymn sheet. Even more important when family members.
Derek has developed some great machines etc, but if sales and aftersales are of a "I don't give a damn" type attitude, then it's a real shame.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Len Gribble

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 06:55:08 pm »
Someone must have read this It's not just a question of complying with the requirements of the Act - you can also use your compliance positively to enhance your customer relationships. :o ;)

Terry

Make sure you use there brand of  chemicals :-X ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 08:20:37 pm »
 ;Dthats the funny thing Len it came with all there stuff! I normall spray first the water only works fine,I used to use powder but do like micro splitters ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2011, 07:35:13 pm »
machine needed new pump head ::) all done pick up tuesday £197 :-\
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2011, 08:24:39 pm »
well got it back all good so far ::) no leaks
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2011, 01:03:22 am »
Im not clear

Did you have to pay another £197

clinton

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 08:31:21 am »
When its out of warranty terry id take it to another supplier mate..

jasonl

« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 09:50:23 am »
Terry , when you sold the other machines you were not happy with , did you tell the buyers they were no good?

If you paid £1000 under retail for a nearly new machine , surely a couple of hundred to put it right is ok?

There are other suppliers who will fit  pump to a ninja.

I owned a ninja 5 years ago , and was not impressed ,I sold it for spares even though it was nearly new , the manufacturer tend to target newbies in the marketing and sell them packages  based on dream scenarios.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2011, 07:10:14 am »
Ian I first paid £167 2 days later its no good ,then they said its a new pump head £197 again! they said
they have taken off some money as I only just paid for it, :-\ sorry but they dont give nothing away,I am based in Romford Essex, Dartford Tunnel is but 12 miles which is where Ashby are based,so that suits but any one know where else I can go if things go wrong,I cant stress enough how new this macnine is, two things could have happen to this machine last winter, he could have left it out and the internals got iced up :-\ or they said he could have put somthing in the machine :-\ out the 2 I would have said he left it out, as it came with all ashbys stuff anyway :-\ I am baffled ::) there is no doubt all the rumours you hear about them are true,
and the dog is dodgy dont touch the mut in the shop,it comes up to you and might bite! :o
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2011, 03:48:05 am »
was thinking of getting a sebo any good,and whats it like with the powder ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2011, 08:34:36 am »
ASHBY'S sell them  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2011, 08:18:15 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D on yer bike! ;D :o ::) :-*
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2011, 07:53:41 pm »
 ;D I have found a mobile carpet machine repairer ;D comes to you! Ashbys will get no more of my money!
be rest asssured ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

brianbarber

« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 11:29:30 pm »
Spill the beans then!

Mr b

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2011, 07:52:11 am »
 ;D so as I get his number! he is based in Benfleet Essex I know he will travel how far or his range not sure,
but will let you guys know,this is very handy for all of us  ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

james roffey

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2011, 01:12:19 pm »
I use a guy in Benfleet recommended by Cleansmart, wonder if its the same guy, probably.

clinton

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2011, 04:13:31 pm »
Its always beneficial to have a mobile machine guys number who will come to you to sort the probs out.

I also use one too.

boshravie

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2011, 10:41:23 pm »
Hi guys

Well isn’t it so surprising to hear from Ashby’s customer service again, I was one of their customers for many years, I would say at least 9 years, and I cant tell you the amount of time I got so stressed  from these people in terms of ripping me off, unfortunately  at that time there was no forum like this so I could warn others  not to go near them, but they have shown their true color now .

IT IS AMAZING WHAT GOES ROUND COMES ROUND.

Bosh

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 09:00:38 am »
 ;D James I think you are correct is his name Ray? ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2011, 12:07:57 pm »
 :o some one will be telling more of Ashbys not me! a very good friend :o its not good!
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2011, 10:00:37 pm »
Ashbys again just wait for it! complete so un pro like! and this is not me,but my good friend ::) they will not see
me again,he will confirm! all I going to say is if Edd did this to me,I would take great pleasure of decking him ;D
what a moron :P Derek Ashby for god sake who is Running your company at Dartford! trust me I know what I am talking about!
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

james roffey

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2011, 10:59:02 pm »
;D James I think you are correct is his name Ray? ::)

Yes Terry thats the guy.

james roffey

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2011, 11:00:49 pm »
"Ashbys customer service" isn't that an oxymoron !

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2011, 06:38:10 am »
 ;D yes James LOL
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2011, 05:15:27 am »
 ;D come on you know who you are ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2011, 07:57:51 am »
Terry for  F****s sake let it go m8 think you have made your point  about what you think of Ashby's

Tony

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2011, 04:01:58 pm »
 ::) IF IT BOTHERS YOU TONY DONT F*****  click on you know what it is  :P your the one with the problem,
or you Ashbys buddys! what a wally,butt out :P
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2011, 05:24:01 am »
Oh dear, guess what same problem has just happend to my ninja,pump that they repaired with new pump head weeks ago,is leaking again,I was no way going to go back to them,but as I have just spent 400 with them,I called them spoke to dereks wife she said they may do this under the warranty, hmm will see,as we all know as soon as you walk in the shop it costs :-\ cant beleave same thing has gone again,any ideas ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2011, 11:27:49 am »
I thought they gave a 3 month warranty on repairs .

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2011, 02:37:25 pm »
if thats so Ian I am well in on that ;D got done late August
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2011, 10:23:02 pm »
now in there hands lets see what they find ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2011, 04:30:54 pm »
needed new pump head again, but they did it under there warranty this time as it was only 5 weeks been done, and no charge :o I think there turning a corner ;D all done
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2011, 11:09:52 pm »
Terry when they tell you they have replaced the pump head have you actually seen the old part as I think your machine will have a pumptec 400psi 205 series plunger pump

Tony

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2011, 05:04:24 am »
Tony your thinking what I am thinking,the last tme they said I needed a new pump head,this time they said strange,pump head again, what I should have done is marked it! I will do this later,as the last one if so,only lasted 6 jobs or so,but I did talk to there mum first who was very understanding ::) lets be fair I have not long spent £167 and £200 trying to solve this problem, ???
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2011, 09:56:38 am »
And you actually paid money for a service . Did you sk about 3 month cover on repairs?

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2011, 05:11:05 pm »
did not have a service Ian,they done the last repair,which was the new pump head,with another pump head ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2011, 06:41:09 pm »
Cant get me head round this service malarky.  ???

I get it with a car ie oil change filters etc But apart from replacing the vac
brushes what do you get for your service?  Vacs can't be serviced just replaced, same as pumps/heads. Or have I got it wrong?  ::)
"So basically its a big vax!"

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »
me think your right another way to charge you £90 thats what it costs,which seems way to high, :-\
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Len Gribble

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2011, 07:39:36 pm »
Got a pfx1085 pump head 600psi in need of service kit, free (pick up only) am sure it will fit any Ashby’s machine 

Tony

That a bit naughty (actually seen the old part) I actually use a secret marker pen when I trust the company implicitly (this is not aimed at who you think)

Paul

Re vac’s you can renew the brushes as for pumptec you can get a kit for it think it called service parts

Terry

Hate to see a man cry bring round to me and don’t forget the chq book/debit card for the parts

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2011, 07:43:41 pm »
 ;D Len will keep that in mind  ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2011, 06:48:29 pm »
you are never going to beleave me, yep its doing it again water leaking out the bottom same place,used for
3 hours and its going back again monday morning, any ideas what the hell is going on,or are they not doing there job! this is the 4th time back with the same problem, this week just gone they did it under warrenty,
did not last long did it,  :P
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

brianbarber

« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2011, 06:59:30 pm »
Open machine up,, support the top end on a box or similar, start pump,

Could be a hose connection.

I've had that happen few times

Mr B

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2011, 07:08:04 pm »
I dont think so when I used it at first all good then some 3 hours later like working on differant jobs noticed it today! so if it was that it would have done it at first surely :-\
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Len Gribble

« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2011, 08:19:38 pm »
Terry

This is killing me! ;D Bring it round Monday about 1300hrs or 0700 tomorrow (can only give you 4hrs and it’s free) :o

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2011, 08:32:51 pm »
len what you fink is the problem, ???
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Len Gribble

« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2011, 09:08:38 pm »
Terry

I ant got one of these  ;D

brianbarber

« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2011, 10:12:36 pm »
Well done and three cheers for Len

Ashbys owe you one!

Please report back.

And if desperate, I've a ninja as a back up if you need for backup.

I'm in Kent

Mr B

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2011, 07:02:51 am »
 ;D  :-* thaanks brian, but I had a ninja few years back 135 psi no problems very good machine just dont get it whats going on,have emailed Derek Ashby will be speaking to him first thing monday morning,by then the machine will be back at Dartford. ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Len Gribble

« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »
Terry

Got a mate like you as del says what a plonker very aps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKvGCiKyMgs

Hope this end the Ashby’s soap (what next)
 ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2011, 08:01:17 pm »
 ;D have comented on Del Boy"! great stuff, will keep you posted I have got them by the short and curlys
I hope I wake up in a good mood! ;D
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!