Terry_Burrows

Ashby ninja 400psi warrenty? still or not?
« on: August 11, 2011, 07:21:28 pm »
Hi guys here is one for you you thoughts  ::) plz I got a ninja 400 psi from this guy, I have had this for 5 weeks
not done that much with it,he got this bran new 2010 october! now I just noticed slight leak from under the pump
area? I have taken it back to ashby now in there hands,is that still under warrenty or not your thoughts plz?

the machine is great I am very pleased with the performance. :) he had only used this once I beleave him this was out of the shop smelling new! he sold it as the venture went tits up!before it started,what I mean is just because its changed owners
does the warrenty still stand,not a year old?
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Len Gribble

Re: Ashby ninja 400psi warrenty? still or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:13:07 pm »
Terry

You’re bound to get a bill  ;) hopefully not ;D  6mth ruling  ???
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 09:01:55 pm »
yes thats what I thought I know all about them  :-\
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:23 pm »
having said that they do know how to build a machine,and I have had some :o I have had so called top machines :P
and they are nothing but trouble visits back and forth problems from new,I just want a machine that works,not now and then ::) so who knows of one? I am starting to get very fed up of all the sales crap! from every carpet cleaning machine company in the whole Industry really, :P stop selling your crap please!

I just want a machine that works ??? not when it feels like it  ::) or maybe there is not one ???
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

John Kelly

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 09:16:29 am »
If you let cleaning chemical sit inside a Pumptec 400psi pump it will erode the components and eventually leak. Thats given that it is that kind of pump. You should also always flush these through with clean water at the end of the day. Nobody ever does, not who I know anyway. Personally think you will be very lucky if this is done under warranty especially as you weren't the original purchaser.
I see he only used it once so likely stood for months unused. This is what degrades o rings and seals.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 09:23:56 am »
Hi John I only use micro splitters so only put water in the tank ??? but I think this will be done to my cost,it really is a new machine and its still under warrenty till october ??? the leak is small and comes from under the pump at the back
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 08:09:00 pm »
Terry

Think you missed my point 6mth ruling (service I think?) :o

As for change of ownership original bill of sale and service record will help! You’re a friend of a friend ant you. 8) ;)

John has a point most use and abuse and cry wolf suppliers/manufacture and yes they have there part to play ???

Do you turn the pressure regulator down before tuning power off? Been told this helps the pump and hoses/connections true or false don’t know but it dose sort of make sense on porties   :)

Good luck :-*
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

John Kelly

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 08:40:44 pm »
Microsplitters are just as bad if not worse. Its like Sea water, taste it.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 09:06:45 pm »
pity you cannot run rad well ;D through it

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 10:24:16 am »
back from fishing! yes I do run the pump down before turning off,this is only a very small leak under the pump,it cant be too bad ,I agree it could be lack of use ??? will keep you posted should get it back this week some time,
had to cancel work :P at ashbys they said there are o rings could be that ??? will see thanks for your thoughts!
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

james roffey

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 05:09:54 pm »
I got my Airflex Turbo off ebay and Mat at Cleansmart acknowledged the six months warranty still on it, BUT i sold my Ninja because i lost all trust in Ashbys i felt they looked to make a quick buck all the time, anyway the Airflex is a better machine and Cleansmart are first rate. the Ninja is a good twin vac machine though.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 06:12:43 pm »
yes everyone says what you just said funny that ::) :o I wait to hear from them, they know me very well,all I can say is I speak as I find,they might not want that,too many people know me ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Steve Gunn

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 09:02:08 pm »
If Derek deals with you they may honor the warranty but if Martin gets involved get your cheque book out

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 07:02:04 am »
funny I was with Derek at dartford talking with him telling him I just got the machine,then after I noticed
I had a problem! Edd knew about this,I am getting mixed thoughts some say a warrenty is a warrenty? I am going to find out this week for sure!
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Len Gribble

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 08:23:20 pm »
Terry

Don’t think edd is new but knew

Just mention temple hill if you are not satisfied but I’m sure you will be  ;)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 09:44:05 pm »
Hi Len spoke to Edd today still in the Air ??? may do under warrenty yet they are looking at it tomoz!
it really cant be bad this machine is pristine ;D but rubber rings or what ever surely? will keep you all posted
its Important to let all CC know who really looks after us when things go wrong!its us that keeps them alive!
they said its up to Derek if the warrenty is transferable ??? cant see why not ??? ::) I will speak as I find
and trust me I will,to many people know me in the Industry :-X
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

John Milnes

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 09:48:37 pm »
The 400 psi pump is mounted on top of the motor. When the pump leaks it goes into the motor.. so then you have short motor life and the capacitor can soon give up as well.

Why does the pump start leaking after not much use? Because in the Ninja 400 psi the motor is under rated...the alloy bearing housing starts to wear because it cannot cope with the counter force of the pump and, therefore the spindle runs out of center causing premature wear of the bearings which acts on the piston. The piston then wears due to the spindle running out of true.

I called Pumptech in the US a few years ago...they said the motor fitted inthe Ninja is not suited to their 400 psi pump head.
Why did I call them? Because I was using a new motor from Ashbys every 3 months at £200 a time :o

Now take the Airflex...it has a BIG 1 horse power motor to the same pump head. If the pump leaks, it won't leak into the motor as is is mounted sideways.
In my experience, the seals will only need replacing every 6 to 8 months.
I'v had my Airflex nearly 2 years and not needed to change the pump motor.
The pump motor on the Airflex is unlikely to wear due to the counter force of the pump because of it's size.

In other words....I'd never buy a 400psi Ninja again ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 06:51:20 am »
the fact is the machine has had no use whatsoever ??? so I cant get me head round why the prob so early in its life ???
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 12:56:24 pm »
well guess what! they are not transfering the warrenty, :P they say no service record on the machine :P
its the head seals that are gone,tryed selling me a new head :P £200
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

james roffey

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 01:08:51 pm »
well guess what! they are not transfering the warrenty, :P they say no service record on the machine :P
its the head seals that are gone,tryed selling me a new head :P £200

Everytime my Ninja went to Ashbys it cost me, in the end i thought how do i know they are not ripping me off, answer i didn't so when i had the oppotunity to get the Ariflex i sold my Ninja from my experiences at Cleansmart i now have a supplier who i trust and i have now built up a good relationship with Sarah and Mat.
Mat took over the warranty and replaced a vac that was probably damaged by me he also modified it free of charge too, and i know why he did this because he sees the benefit of customer loyalty rather than making a quick buck, i will never use Ashbys again.