Always offer to clean their small fireside rug for nothing
Always groom the carpet
Always turbo dry
Always present a professional image
Always are friendly & helpful
Always give an honest & accurate price
Know the difference between fibres
Know that the chems need time to work
Clean a customer's carpet thoroughly & diligently like you were cleaning your own

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: What makes a great carpet cleaner?
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2011, 10:30:54 pm »
Quite surprised how many don't turbo dry, I get many a compliment when customers say how dry the carpet is and it eradicates any wicking problems and for what work is put into it working is a lift in the house and and a lift out and the drier does all the work.

Even if I were doing LM cleaning I would still use one what a brilliant marketing tool to guarantee dry carpets before you leave.

Shaun

fitz2kleen

« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2011, 10:41:21 pm »
Well Mr rugdoctor aka instigator of a load of Boll*cks.
While you have been sitting on your fat arse I have had difficulty finding enough hours in the day to fulfill the influx of calls to book my services, While this is enjoyable for me as a workaholic i'm wondering what you are doing other than picking your nose thinking up your next idiotic questionaire.
As for labeling me a jack of all trades,which may I add is in itself a compliment as it shows my ability to diversify to my customers requirements.
 I am,along with my partner, trained to a Certified standard which the insurance industry expect all technicians to achieve before they are contracted to deal with their claims.
I find some of your derogatory comments made to my partner rather a tad slappable and for someone who asks if CC's address there clients as SIR/MADAM Id step back before you dive head first into a verbal bashing with a total stranger.

Basically pull your neck in son as you seem to be out of touch.
[If I dont get back to reply for a few days its not me being rude, its due to a strange thing called bookings]] Do give the work side a go you might enjoy it

Regards Marc

garyj

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2011, 12:19:08 am »
I treat every carpet I clean as if it was my own.

That's because after the insurance company have had to replace it due to shrinkage, damage and pile burst I end up owning it anyway.

Colin Day

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2011, 12:20:16 am »
this forum still amazes me as it's some reason one of the best cleaning forums in uk. the way people have treated carpetmasters is really terrible and it happens far too often. never seen it on any other forum (and i use so so so many) yet the owners just let it continue here. can't imagine what new readers must think of this place.

I see it for what it is, just one of those wind up merchants hiding behind his/her keyboard. Usually some 15 year old getting on a forum and winding people up. We used to do it by phoning people up from phone boxes back in the 80's... ;D

It's hard not to get wound up I admit, but I have bitten too many times...... I do wonder if this is they same guy that went on about cleaning restaurants with his RD in Glasgow some time ago.... Classic wind up that was ;D

garyj

« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:49 am »
Oh Christ, don't bring age in to it Colin, we'll never hear the end of it  ;D

Just see it as a bit of light banter, its far more interesting to read than "I cleaned this today", don't be so anal GCS I'm starting to think in 'real life' you might sound like Mr Bean.

Adam P

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2011, 12:35:29 am »
funny how out of every post in this thread, you pick me for being anal but not the spelling of shrinakge ;) case in point. but what do i know i'm only kid from tunbridge on wells

Colin Day

« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2011, 12:40:26 am »
I know what you mean Gary. I've found it very entertaining, although I feel wrong and dirty for not using my turbo dryer for anything other than sofa's..... :-[

But I do use my WRD on occasion, but there was no mention of it on the questionnaire.... ???

garyj

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2011, 12:46:21 am »
funny how out of every post in this thread, you pick me for being anal but not the spelling of shrinakge ;) case in point. but what do i know i'm only kid from tunbridge on wells

Err yeah that's because you were the one being anal.

I think the spelling of shrinkage is minor looking at the level of some of the grammar  :P. (but to point that out would make ME anal)

Dontcha love it when he bites  ;D

Adam P

« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2011, 01:07:16 am »
i think you've misunderstood my point sarah. you've ignored the examples of users being anal in this thread but picked my post as being anal ???

garyj

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2011, 01:11:35 am »
What's Sarah got to do with it  ???

Art

« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2011, 01:13:06 am »

Your confusing him  ;D ;D ;D

Sarah Kirby

« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2011, 01:15:18 am »
i think you've misunderstood my point sarah. you've ignored the examples of users being anal in this thread but picked my post as being anal ???

Don't bring me into it!!  ???

garyj

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2011, 01:15:49 am »

Your confusing him  ;D ;D ;D

Its not hard is it  ;D, all his other posts are wrong so doubt he is going to break the habit of a lifetime now, he must think we're the same person lol.

Sarah Kirby

« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2011, 01:18:28 am »
Oh well, seeing as you have brought me into it I may as well add that Im finding the thread rather amusing!  ;D

greencleaning

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2011, 03:02:36 am »
Love your costumer.

garyj

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2011, 03:51:28 am »
Love your costumer.

Yep, you never know when you might need fancy dress.

;D

« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2011, 06:34:42 am »
I have a fancy dress you can borrow Gary............ or......................... is is Sarah???

Hmmmmmmm

GCS get a grip of the situation son..............