Mike Halliday

Re: Is £75 a fair price for a 4 bed house
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 04:38:12 pm »
Robert whats the website address?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Helen

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 05:08:42 pm »

no professional carpet cleaner should be charging such a silly price and if you think, well
its to build up a client base, they will all want it done at this price :'(
How true.
Keeping a long story shortish, had a couple of jobs passed on to us, by a local guy who now can't keep the appts!!!!! he had priced over the phone, got no details whatsoever except it's a lounge and hsl!!!!! on both jobs. . All I can say is the guy doesn't want to make profit on his work! I have called the custies and explained what has happened and we have agreed to Quote (properly) and then it's down to the custies what they want to do. One of them has already said "well I don't want to pay much more than this, so how much will yours be" I explained it again to her that the price already given was a guess as he had no idea of what he was coming to and only on that second explanation did she seem to start to understand. Now that I have some flimsy details of the jobs, I have worked out that matey boy likes to work at something like £15 p/h. Oh by the way he has an employee who does the cc'ing as well so his wages have to come out aswell as normal overheads.
I know for a fact that he only had these 2 jobs booked for the rest of this week so how is this side of his business surviving? £100 ish over 2 jobs (both lounges and hsl) and one 10 miles out of town so 20 mile round trip for that one!) and that includes vat so £85.11 nett. to pay 2 days wages and overheads ::) ::)

clinton

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 05:17:27 pm »
Thats sounds cheap to clean and maybe they are trying to build up a set up but wont be around too long at that price.

Is there a link robert for the site?

robert meldrum

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 05:20:37 pm »

derek west

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 05:26:17 pm »
sounds like an upsell if ever i seen one.

pay what you like. yeah right in other words, get what you pay for.

mark_roberts

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 05:39:06 pm »
Theres a few guys in the yellow pages advertising £20 a lounge and £40 a suite.

How they make money I dont know but then maybe they they are happy earning £200 a week after expenses.

Most customers arent thick and will not go with these crazy prices.

Mark

Mark Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 05:40:47 pm »
This guy is a member on this forum: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=17350 on here yesterday.
As  Mark says, it could be that they are earning 'beer money' or just have no overheads whatsoever. God knows what the quality of the clean is like!

Mark.

p.s. yep, too cheap - does the same as Enterprise cleaning?

Jim_77

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 06:35:36 pm »
I'd do the whole house, clean the oven and power wash the drive for £75

As long as I could use the power washer for all 3 jobs ;)

clinton

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 06:40:37 pm »
Thanks robert..

clinton

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 06:43:48 pm »
Your right mark its the same person..

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 06:49:47 pm »
You tell us the price you want to pay

This reminds me of the sandwich shop that had a sign ANY FILLING YOU WANT WE HAVENT GOT WE WILL GIVE YOU £10

I asked for elephants balls on brown the guy told me they had run out of bread ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

ryan mca

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 06:51:55 pm »
£75 + £90 for dedorising £165 for a 4 bed house

derek west

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 07:18:38 pm »
so where does it say £75 for a 4 bed?

robert meldrum

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 07:31:38 pm »
Derek

I don't understand the concept tell me more ........................

derek west

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 07:41:06 pm »
am only guessing bob but i presume its as simple as £8.99 for 2 rooms.

pay what you like will get you in the door then its up to the techy to upsell while putting down the job for that price. but like i said i'm only guessing.

something like "oh you want to pay £40 for the whole house, well i can do that but i couldn't use any chems or wouldn't turn a profit, if you had the chems and by the way, heres the difference between the 2 cleans,it would only cost an extra £?? and then we could get that stain out for xx" and so on and so forth

i'm sure monty can explain it alot better seeing as its his or his bosses angle. looks like a franchise of sorts,

anyway, where does it say £75 for a 4 bedder?

robert meldrum

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 08:11:41 pm »
I've had a good gander through the entire site Derek and on the surface comes across as legit' there are a fair number of companies listed and everything seems to be pretty well covered re' charges which are low, but not totally unrealistic if you follow the " customer for life " and upselling concept, you could quickly build a faithful client base .

They list all charges clearly and appear to have put together a pretty good marketing programme based on " affordabilty "

Don't think it's a franchise, more like a group of people who know each other and have similar views on products, charges, etc.

I'm sure someone will come on as they appear to have nothing to be ashamed of or afraid of,  other than being accused of being too cheap by some.

wynne jones

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 08:16:56 pm »
There are four bedroom houses and four bedroom houses. I can say hand on heart I have done one this year for £85 and I did one this week for £200 and frequently do them for £300+. It means nothing. 
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 08:46:46 pm »
I agree with wynne, I see modern 4 bed house that are smaller than Victorian 3 bed  terraced houses and i would clean the modern house a lot quicker and with less hassle. the fact that it has 4 bedrooms is misleading
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

robert meldrum

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 09:21:28 pm »
It's worded in an unusual way, referring to " average " prices paid by recent customers, but the strange one that really needs clarifying ( to distance them from baiters ) is the statement that customers can tell them how much they want to pay.

As I type it occurs to me that this may be a roundabout way of saying ................We offer different prices according to how many tasks you want carried out !!!!!!