NWH

Who wants to buy my SLX.
« on: October 10, 2008, 05:30:36 pm »
Like it says who wants to buy it i used it today for 1 house and no matter what i do i can`t get on with the clamps,i`ve used it all told for a morning and has been gathering dust for a while now.I`m selling just the bare pole and would like £300 for it,i paid over £400 for it when they first came out.

lovewindows

Re: Who wants to buy my SLX.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 05:32:43 pm »
where are you based ?
dont look who's to blame, look how to fix it. anon

NWH

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 05:33:52 pm »
South east near T.Wells or Bexhill,which ever is nearer for the buyer.

jaykie

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 05:33:58 pm »
let the bidding begin.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:36:12 pm »
I'm in Crawley and may be interested.  When you say "bare pole" do you mean without brush, without pole hose, and without pole hose fittings?
Those clamps do seem awkward at first don't they? 

NWH

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 05:37:44 pm »
Let the bidding begin i think not lol,this pole is in really good condition and like i said it hasn`t even seen a days work yet.There`s nothing wrong with the pole if anyone is curious i just can`t get along with the clampedge lol,it`s well worth 300 notes on the website a new 1 works out at over 25% more and there`s none in stock. ;D

NWH

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 05:39:47 pm »
I'm in Crawley and may be interested.  When you say "bare pole" do you mean without brush, without pole hose, and without pole hose fittings?
I mean bare pole no pants,socks nothing naked lol,i have dozens of brushes which would you like,i`m under an hour from your new pole away. ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 05:40:21 pm »
Let the bidding begin i think not lol,this pole is in really good condition and like i said it hasn`t even seen a days work yet.There`s nothing wrong with the pole if anyone is curious i just can`t get along with the clampedge lol,it`s well worth 300 notes on the website a new 1 works out at over 25% more and there`s none in stock. ;D

You got a phone number please?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 05:41:46 pm »
I mean bare pole no pants,socks nothing naked lol,i have dozens of brushes which would you like,i`m under an hour from your new pole away. ;D

It's good to talk.  :)

NWH

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2008, 05:42:20 pm »
What`s your email please.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 05:52:40 pm »
You have mail.

stephen.b1

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 05:53:11 pm »
if the pole is still for sale ill give you 300 for it give me a ring on

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 05:56:30 pm »
You've used it for a morning? You haven't even given yourself time to get used to it, I've been using it for three months now and it's second nature.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 05:59:28 pm »
Shiner you put me off the trail...........

Nice to chat.....Even though I thought it was NWH!!!!

NWH

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 06:18:01 pm »
Sold to a nice chap from crawley for £1000,he loves em lol. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 06:27:24 pm »

A grand indeed :)
I thought you were doing them "buy one get one free" - not tripling the price  :)

NWH

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 06:31:05 pm »

I thought you were doing them "buy one get one free" - not tripling the price  :)
As if i would do that lol,see you next week. ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 06:45:25 pm »

As if i would do that lol,see you next week. ;)

Will do.

Dave Turley

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 08:20:35 pm »
i've been using my sl-x for about 6 weeks and don't know how I ever managed without it!

I got used to the clamps quickly.

I honestly think you should have a rethink and use it for a week   ;D

Dave Turley

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 08:25:14 pm »
i've been using my sl-x for about 6 weeks and don't know how I ever managed without it!

I got used to the clamps quickly.

I honestly think you should have a rethink and use it for a week   ;D

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 09:01:23 pm »
you can say that again ;)
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 09:06:05 pm »
Don`t like the clamps and they keep coming loose,glueing the clamps only lasts a short while.In all i`ve used the pole for about a morning in all taking it out when i think i should give it another go,everytime i`ve come to the same conclusion i don`t like the clamps.

Dave Turley

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 09:15:04 pm »
I never glued my clamps.

I just keep allan key on me and nip up clamps as and when required (about twice a day)(1 min for all clamps)... easy

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 09:49:13 pm »
Don`t like the clamps and they keep coming loose,glueing the clamps only lasts a short while.In all i`ve used the pole for about a morning in all taking it out when i think i should give it another go,everytime i`ve come to the same conclusion i don`t like the clamps.

You haven't glued them right then. Giving up your SL-X is going to be just like your SL-2, you are going to go back to it. You gave yourself one morning, while you should have given yourself time to get used to it. Not just a single day.

Also, I can remember when you just tried out the SL-X prototype, you said it would be the only pole you would ever need, and how great it would be, market leader by far etc etc, same with other products, only to drastically change your mind again after a while, what's going on?

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 09:50:30 pm »
I did my clamps properly once, and now and then I coat the moving bits in some silicon spray, and it's smooth as silk operation. They do not come loose if you do it properly.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 09:59:42 pm »

Whoever ends up buying NWH's SL-X can give us a ring and I'll talk them through setting the clamps correctly.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2008, 10:06:54 pm »
I've been constantly using my SL-X and am finding the pole slips more frequently and I'm forever adjusting the clamps now. The pole is becoming very worn and smooth to touch. I may extend the pole and spray a coat of engine lacquer or two or even maybe three coats. I've already widened up the keyhole slots as much as possible because I ran out of adjustment room on the keyhole slot when the clamps are tightened.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2008, 10:15:43 pm »
I've been constantly using my SL-X and am finding the pole slips more frequently and I'm forever adjusting the clamps now. The pole is becoming very worn and smooth to touch. I may extend the pole and spray a coat of engine lacquer or two or even maybe three coats. I've already widened up the keyhole slots as much as possible because I ran out of adjustment room on the keyhole slot when the clamps are tightened.

Wayne - You have mail, there is a simpler solution.

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2008, 11:37:46 pm »
Is the sl-x still for sale?

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2008, 12:48:12 am »
Like it says who wants to buy it i used it today for 1 house and no matter what i do i can`t get on with the clamps,i`ve used it all told for a morning and has been gathering dust for a while now.I`m selling just the bare pole and would like £300 for it,i paid over £400 for it when they first came out.
I will give you £275 NWH, pay you monday as long as in fine condition ? call me 07788 732 789

I'm not a maybe, I have the money if you want it ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2008, 08:03:01 am »
I will give you £275 NWH, pay you monday as long as in fine condition ? call me 07788 732 789

I've already arranged it Ian.  I'm not a maybe either.

jaykie

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2008, 08:15:33 am »
Why cant someone dislike something, if NWH doesnt like something surely he can get rid of it and not just keep it because 99% of a forum like it, ive got a slx and its got its advantages and disadvantages some being the spinning of sections, the clamps etc which is what mines starting to do. Hes obviously compared the slx and his facelift and got rid of one rather then let it stay waisting away in his garage.

Chris

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 09:57:10 am »

I've already arranged it Ian.  I'm not a maybe either.
Ok m8.

I hope you didnt think I was refering to you as I wasnt, I was meaning in general some people think about buying

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2008, 11:01:32 am »
Shiner how much did you pay £300 ?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2008, 01:10:25 pm »
Shiner how much did you pay £300 ?

Yes.  Works out at saving around £99 (allowing for VAT) when it's only done a day's work (NWH is going to supply a bentley brush with it).  I already have some pole hose for it.   It might not be worth doing for someone who can claim the VAT back off a new one.  As I'm not in the VAT net and the £300 isn't subject to VAT, then it is worth doing for me.  I have to collect it so that cost can be balanced against delivery charge.  I won't lose any work time either when collecting it as that particular day is a slack one on my schedule.
Basically I reckon it's a saving of the VAT + £40 (new SLX is £340 + delivery + VAT).

jaykie

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2008, 03:26:37 pm »
Wont cost you much on fuel to travel there, ive just come back from Hastings i could of collected it and dropped it off next weekend as im in crawley.

Chris

Paul Coleman

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2008, 06:00:17 pm »
Wont cost you much on fuel to travel there, ive just come back from Hastings i could of collected it and dropped it off next weekend as im in crawley.

Chris

Thanks for the thought Chris.  I won't even have to do that much mileage because I'm collecting from Tunbridge Wells and I've organised it so that I collect it on a day when I'm already working in the East Grinstead/Dormansland area.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2008, 09:46:18 am »

Whoever ends up buying NWH's SL-X can give us a ring and I'll talk them through setting the clamps correctly.

Alex.  I will contact you in a few days time about this.  I already have an SL-X and am buying NWH's one as a spare for the day when my original one wears out.  On my original one, I find that I'm having to tighten a couple of the clamps more often than I would expect to.  Love the pole though.  I have some jobs where I needed to climb onto flat roofs.  With the SL-X, I find that I have managed to bridge over the flat roofs more thus reducing my ladder climbing even more.  I sometimes need to go three rungs up a stepladder for extra elevation but that much easier than humping the ladder off.

john tomkins

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2008, 09:59:02 am »
[Wayne - You have mail, there is a simpler solution.

Let us know on here Alex if it's something that will help with the clamps, rather than just passing it on to one person :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2008, 10:45:15 am »
[Wayne - You have mail, there is a simpler solution.

Let us know on here Alex if it's something that will help with the clamps, rather than just passing it on to one person :)

The best thing to do is to email me on alex@agardiner.co.uk if you are having any problems with your pole or clamps. That way I can advise best depending on your particular query.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2008, 01:56:33 pm »
uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0CMPvfBCGu8

I have been using it for a good couple of months, and haven't had to service the clamps yet.