texas girl

Largest contract lost
« on: January 28, 2005, 02:51:07 am »
Hey dudes!  :-*

We all know the joy of having lucrative accounts, ;D and the agony of losing them!  ???

I have to share with you all the blessing I had for about ten years.
I had 12 buildings with Wilsonart International, a laminate and flooring company.

This was a contract made in Heaven.  :)  The total amount per year I made from this one contract was $20,000.00.  Twenty thousand dollars from one contract! :o 

I was crushed when that contract was over! :( I had made those buildings my main priority. The money was very nice 8). Then one day the company sold to another owner. Some job slots were lost, so the windowcleaning went to some guys that already had seniority with the company but lost their position.

I understood the situation, and I was glad that those guys had something to do so they could still work and get their retirement, but it was devistating at first.  :P

I decided at that time that I would never count on any contract  lasting forever.
It ended up being a blessing in disguise because I did recover from that $2000. per month  loss, but it was painful!

How about you all? Got any heartbreakers?

Be careful out there,

Texas Girl (Debbie) :-*
Debbie

rosskesava

Re: Largest contract lost
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 08:43:27 pm »
We do quite a few shops that are next to each other. Some are largish some aren't.

In the middle of one such group of shops we do is a small newsagents for the kingly sum of £2 per week. It's one window and a door.

Today he canceled us. He said his son will do the windows as he thinks £2 is a bit high really.

The odd thing is that the bigger commercial companies rarely have any complaints but this one newsagents moans nearly every time we collect our £2 (which buys our mornings coffee's.)

That's the biggest (and I hope the last) 'contract' we've lost this year.

I didn't know $2 000 a month contracts existed.