Where can i get
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:48:35 pm »
Rubber trim like the stuff that seals a car boot lid or door seal? What it is i want to cut a hole in my bulkhead to poke a pole through - i've done it for my S2 and trimmmed the hole with this stuff that i "borrowed" from my last job. I think i've seen some around windows too but can't remember where?

Maybe i'll try the scrapyard tomorrow.

Re: Where can i get
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 09:50:05 pm »
Rubber trim like the stuff that seals a car boot lid or door seal? What it is i want to cut a hole in my bulkhead to poke a pole through - i've done it for my S2 and trimmmed the hole with this stuff that i "borrowed" from my last job. I think i've seen some around windows too but can't remember where?
A scrap yard maybe

Kev R

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 09:53:15 pm »
I dont know about the stuff for car boots seals but on my last van I used a large diameter peice of silicon hose from the local aquatic centre (short length) and I cut it along its length opened it up ad placed this around the cut out section of my bulkhead. It worked fine  ;) I would think a small piece of hose pipe would work to  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 09:54:20 pm »

Maybe i'll try the scrapyard tomorrow.

I've used standard 1/2 inch garden hose slit along its length and glued on.

macmac

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 11:56:30 pm »
copper pipe lagging. ;)

Tony