cameron

what pump for wfp?
« on: May 20, 2004, 06:35:37 pm »
Hi all,
All the ready built wfp systems that i,ve seen seem to use different flow rates and psi on their pumps feeding water to the pole.
I am building a system and just wondered if any of you experienced wfp users have any thoughts on what pump specs i should be looking at.
Also, will one pump feed two poles or is one for each pole better? If one pump is set up to feed two poles, what happpens if only one pole is being used on its own?
Any comments gratefully recieved.
Regards
Cameron

WavieDavie

Re: what pump for wfp?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 01:46:01 am »
Hi Cameron,

what pump specs i should be looking at.
On that one, I can't help - my pump came included in a complete system, to me it's a grey box  :-[

Also, will one pump feed two poles or is one for each pole better?
Peter's system feeds two poles from the one pump and seems to work fine for us.

If one pump is set up to feed two poles, what happpens if only one pole is being used on its own?
You put a "stop" on one of the pump outlets, or an inline on/off somewhere on the unused hose.

To be honest with you Cameron, the best place for questions like this is Peter Fogwill's site . . . http://www.window-tools.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl If you haven't already visited, set aside a few hours to go through the FAQs and the different boards - it'll be time well spent.

All the best
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk