Soupy

Re: Cancels Galore
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2022, 02:41:41 pm »
What I don't understand about the energy price cap is it is treated as a minimum, not a maximum. The energy companies don't have to put their prices up to the level of the EPC. Their thinking is because the EPC is where its at they'll put their prices up there too. Do they have to do that? Not every country in the world is struggling with high electricity and heating gas prices.

Also their is some use of the Ukrainian war being made as justification for high prices. They were were talking about high prices before the war started so seems to me thats just a bandwagon they're jumping in an effort to make use of an easy justification for higher prices.

I have to say Boris is a total MODDED for not doing something about it and just saying he's sure his predecessor will do something. In that case,  MODDED now and let that person do what's needed.

It's less than 4 weeks until the new PM is in place. He/She can respond further then. Prices won't change until October so there is enough time.

The prices are too high now though.

Doubling -pretty much - in October (September for me for some reason??) is going to be a kick in the danglies for a lot of folk I reckon.

Stoots

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2022, 05:03:57 pm »
Had 2 cancel today, 1 skint and 1 dead.

Slacky

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2022, 05:43:59 pm »
I had one cancel yesterday. On reflection it was like ‘suicide by cop’.

I cleaned her windows yesterday, and have done for probably 10 years, then half an hour later got a phone call from her saying I hadn’t got all the cobwebs off. I asked her which windows, she replied with very vague details, meaning I couldn’t work out which ones she meant. Anyway, I asked her if she wanted me to go back round and have a look with her, she replied saying she didn’t have time for all that but was nonetheless very disappointed and I was meant to be a professional. So the call ended. 5 minutes later after mulling it over I called her back saying I’d come back in half an hour to check it out.

She said she was really busy , didn’t have time for all that, and needed to go and collect her husband. Let’s be honest I only needed her to walk round the property with me for 3 minutes pointing out which windows she was unsatisfied with.

So I turn up. No sign of her. Check out the windows, there’s one with some cobwebs in the vicinity of the windows although not actually part of the window. So I clean it. Reel everything in, then she appears at her back door cleaning the inside windows.

So I pop over, she opens the door an inch and says ‘I haven’t got time for this Matt, I’ve got a list of 40 jobs to be doing!’ I said could you just show me which windows you’re dissatisfied with please. Her response was, ‘you’re the professional, you should know’. So I replied with, ‘yes but you’re the customer, I just want to know which ones exactly you think haven’t been cleaned’.

She refused to come out. What other option is there but to bin such an unco-operative customer?

I’m know what it is, I’d put the price up, from £55 to £60.

The last time I increased the price, about 3 or 4 years ago we had a similar performance.

Anyway, if anyone gets an enquiry for an old bint on West Green Road, Hartley Wintney she’s trouble. She also hails from north of border, just for clarification purposes. And her surname begins with ‘G’.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2022, 05:52:23 pm »
I had one cancel yesterday. On reflection it was like ‘suicide by cop’.

I cleaned her windows yesterday, and have done for probably 10 years, then half an hour later got a phone call from her saying I hadn’t got all the cobwebs off. I asked her which windows, she replied with very vague details, meaning I couldn’t work out which ones she meant. Anyway, I asked her if she wanted me to go back round and have a look with her, she replied saying she didn’t have time for all that but was nonetheless very disappointed and I was meant to be a professional. So the call ended. 5 minutes later after mulling it over I called her back saying I’d come back in half an hour to check it out.

She said she was really busy , didn’t have time for all that, and needed to go and collect her husband. Let’s be honest I only needed her to walk round the property with me for 3 minutes pointing out which windows she was unsatisfied with.

So I turn up. No sign of her. Check out the windows, there’s one with some cobwebs in the vicinity of the windows although not actually part of the window. So I clean it. Feel everything in, then she appears at her back door cleaning the inside windows.

So I pop over, she opens the door an inch and says ‘I haven’t got time for this Matt!’ I said could you just show me which windows you’re dissatisfied with please. Her response was, you’re the professional, you should know’. So I replied with, ‘yes but you’re the customer, I just want to know which ones exactly you think haven’t been cleaned’.

She refused to come out. What other option is there but to bin such an unco-operative customer?

I’m ow what it is, I’d put the price up, from £55 to £60.

The last time I increased the price, about 3 or 4 years ago we had a similar performance.

Anyway, if anyone gets an enquiry for an old bint on West Green Road, Hartley Wintney she’s trouble. She also hails from north of border, just for clarification purposes. And her surname begins with ‘G’.
Sounds like your well rid mate ;D

Oh well another 2 will be along to replace her soon  ;)

Slacky

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2022, 05:53:31 pm »
You’re right. I hate the thought of her getting a free clean though.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2022, 05:56:04 pm »
You’re right. I hate the thought of her getting a free clean though.
She refusing to pay then?

Slacky

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2022, 05:58:48 pm »
Can’t see her coughing up.

I’ve invoiced her. We’ll see. Doubtful.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2022, 06:54:18 pm »
You did everything by the book imo, hopefully she sits down and realises how unreasonable she's been and coughs up.

Ggh

« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2022, 07:03:21 pm »
Always best to pop back and have a look, for your own peace of mind.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

james peters

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2022, 09:00:32 pm »

well rid .  people like this make my teeth itch

on a side note

the media aren't talking about how interest rates will affect people .
IMO this is a hike rise far greater than energy.
strange that its hardly being talked about.

main stream media is increasingly getting worse  and is getting controlled by the legal gangsters . ie our government

G Griffin

« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2022, 11:48:46 pm »
Perspective. During Covid employees and self employed were able to claim 70/80% up to £2500 a month. Some households had two or more claimants.

Household energy bills are going up £200/300 a month over last year.

The government have handed over money towards energy and will continue to do so.

There is a war on...

Unless your round demographic is little old ladies on state pension you should be OK.

Just go carefully with your own spending for a while and see what gives.
Are you predicting Co-vid like payments and who is going to pay for them? 
I'm hearing a lot about tax cuts and the reversal of the NI increase. Not that I believe either of them but they are more concerned with winning over the Tory party members.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Ggh

« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2022, 06:29:29 am »

well rid .  people like this make my teeth itch

on a side note

the media aren't talking about how interest rates will affect people .
IMO this is a hike rise far greater than energy.
strange that its hardly being talked about.

main stream media is increasingly getting worse  and is getting controlled by the legal gangsters . ie our government

Indeed. The combination of high energy bills and high mortgage payments will certainly be interesting. There may be negative equity coming as a result of an overdue correction of house prices.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

zesty

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2022, 07:23:59 am »
Ordered 4 cubic meters of logs, plus have 3 cubic meters of oak from 2020 that’s been seasoning in the log store.

The log burner will be keeping us at 24c, sod paying 4-500 a month on gas. (It’s not about affording it, it’s about principal, I ain’t paying that much, no way)

It’s defo gonna be an interesting winter, there will be riots if something isn’t done. The cost of energy is staggering.

NWH

« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2022, 08:29:08 am »
Had a wood burner for 10 years nearly now you wait they’ll Tax you in some way for having one like a government approved filter or something similar,logs have got a lot more expensive but as you say the way to do it is to buy in bulk but you may already know you get far more heat from kiln dried logs.
Fill a burner full of bad logs and you’ll get little heat tbh.

zesty

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2022, 12:33:00 pm »
Had a wood burner for 10 years nearly now you wait they’ll Tax you in some way for having one like a government approved filter or something similar,logs have got a lot more expensive but as you say the way to do it is to buy in bulk but you may already know you get far more heat from kiln dried logs.
Fill a burner full of bad logs and you’ll get little heat tbh.

You’re preaching to the converted mate, I’m obsessed with my log burner.

We usually buy kiln dried hornbeam as it’s the absolute nuts. However, the price has shot up, so I’ve sourced a local supplier who has delivered 4 cubic meters of two year seasoned hornbeam and ash. The two best woods.

Hornbeam Is my favourite, by a long way. Ash second. Oak - meh.

But yeah, one day they will tax it or ban it completely, another idiotic form of control and nonsense.

alank

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2022, 01:48:49 pm »
Got about 8 cubic meters of kiln dried hardwood in woodstore more getting delivered first thing in the morning, the coal bunker holds over a ton of solid fuel and this is full of smokeless ovoids. have done about 6 large sacks if sticks.
At least the things i need for the multi fuel stove can be bought and stored for the winter.
Most winters we do not use the gas combi for heating as we live in a small house with an open staircase the stove heats the whole house.

Soupy

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2022, 02:19:21 pm »
It's less than 4 weeks until the new PM is in place. He/She can respond further then. Prices won't change until October so there is enough time.

Who to believe? A mad tory on a cleaning forum or Martin Lewis??

https://youtu.be/LbamoezIFH8?t=277

Hmmmm? Tough one.

NWH

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2022, 02:22:24 pm »
I’ve had what I thought was very dry Ash before and it was awful stained the glass and smoked like mad.

zesty

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2022, 02:33:04 pm »
I’ve had what I thought was very dry Ash before and it was awful stained the glass and smoked like mad.

Any wet wood is awful, nothing worse.

zesty

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2022, 02:33:16 pm »
Got about 8 cubic meters of kiln dried hardwood in woodstore more getting delivered first thing in the morning, the coal bunker holds over a ton of solid fuel and this is full of smokeless ovoids. have done about 6 large sacks if sticks.
At least the things i need for the multi fuel stove can be bought and stored for the winter.
Most winters we do not use the gas combi for heating as we live in a small house with an open staircase the stove heats the whole house.

Nice 👍🏼