CF Facilities

Protectakote
« on: June 21, 2018, 08:10:40 am »
Hi
Where is the best place to buy this from?
How much do I need for a Citroen dispatch? 2 litres?

Also how long does it take to dry?

Dry Clean

Re: Protectakote
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:41:20 am »
You're talking around 5lts for a dispatch, 3 coats, make sure you have sanded the gloss of the floor before applying.

You can add a hardener to make it dry quicker.

CF Facilities

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:59:54 am »
That's great.

Thanks

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 09:25:54 am »
why bother?the stuff is so toxic and messy to apply.........i used to have 2 old vans over 10 years old,flooded them on a regular basis and had them for years,NOT ONE SPOT OF RUST ON THE VAN FLOOR.....an old kangoo and an old connect,no protectacote,just rubber mats.....

my new van has plastic load liner so thatll do.....
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 09:42:12 am »
i got mine here https://www.newventureproducts.co.uk/3-protectakote-anti-slip-paint as cheap as anywhere else and quick delivery. I would advise and spend that little bit extra and get the uvr version. i have used both types standard and uvr and the uvr dries much quicker (you can add the next layer after about an hour on a warm day) and does have a tougher overall finish when dry.
dont forget to get the xylene thinner as well

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 03:05:26 pm »
why bother?the stuff is so toxic and messy to apply.........i used to have 2 old vans over 10 years old,flooded them on a regular basis and had them for years,NOT ONE SPOT OF RUST ON THE VAN FLOOR.....an old kangoo and an old connect,no protectacote,just rubber mats.....

my new van has plastic load liner so thatll do.....
I agree. Seems a waste of time and money.

Michael Peterson

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 04:10:06 pm »
Yeah don’t bother

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 06:25:18 pm »
I was actually surprised just the other day.

Ive had my van a year now and when i got it i just put some wood down then a black plastic sheet over the top, thought it`ll do for now, i`ll get it properly fibre glassed or whatever at somepoint...never did.

Well i dragged it all out other day as plastic was all torn wood was going soggy lol but surprisingly very little rust underneath. There was the odd speck of surface rust but really nothing much. It cleaned up fine with a bit of broze wool and some degreaser. Was surprised i thought it was going to be worse under there as i spill a LOT of water in my van, something is always spurting out of a fitting lol.

So actually im not going to bother going to the expense/faff of fibreglassing etc i think i will just put some fresh mdf boards down then some rubber matting over the top, it`ll be reet for another year i reckon.