Tosh

Public liability claim
« on: August 07, 2017, 02:57:22 pm »
If the customer is making a claim against your public liability insurance policy who gets the quotes from the various tradesmen that would be required to make good any damage done?
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

johnwillan

Re: Public liability claim
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 03:08:21 pm »
In my experience the client dealt direct with the insurance company submitting quotes etc.

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 06:08:48 pm »
Leave it to the insurers, that's what the policy is for. Makes no odds if you find a cheap quote or not, as you're not the one paying the bill. Let them do the donkey work.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 06:30:27 pm »
I just have an outstanding insurance claim being made against us that has dragged on for a year. The client is insisting it is our responsibility to sort out trades and quotes.

*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

johnwillan

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 08:07:52 pm »
I just have an outstanding insurance claim being made against us that has dragged on for a year. The client is insisting it is our responsibility to sort out trades and quotes.

I guess if they want it done they'll follow your procedure i.e. deal direct with the insurance company who will no doubt arrange trades etc if required.

Tosh

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 08:25:09 pm »
I think the woman has sawdust for brain cells.

colin bird

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2017, 08:45:25 pm »

Hi mate I think all you posts and replys are always informative,is it not best in this instance to give your customer you r insurance  details and leave it there ?  Let them do the donkey work,that's what I would do,but maybe I'm wrong

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 09:17:24 pm »
I have a trail of e-mails dating back from this time last year with her continually implying its my responsibility to source the tradesmen to repair some cosmetic damage to her property.

Today I started the ball rolling with MCOL. She'll fight it I'm sure but we'll see where it goes. When its over I'll post a trail of our email exchanges, the woman is off the wall.