Jakey boy

Re: working in the rain???
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 09:58:53 am »

Gerald Ash

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 01:20:41 pm »
I clean in the rain but not in high winds if doing second storey windows. Pole can be blown suddenly and if you`re not quick it can hit the ground.
 If customer questions me cleaning in the rain I tell them that it does slightly increase the chances of problems but if it does cause any they call me  and I come and sort it or refund. I`ve not had any complaints.

trippyboy

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 02:27:38 pm »
Shiners who stop during the rain are fannys or tradders   ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 03:45:51 pm »
I stay in when it rains, I earn enough on dry days.

I work in the rain, not for the money per se, it's because I like to choose when my days off are.
I plan my working month, and choose the days off I need when they suit me best.
If it's raining on a work day, the choice is to reschedule the day(s) off I need and what I plan to do on them or just crack on in the rain.
Usually, working in the rain is preferable to rearranging my schedule.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Johnny B

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2015, 04:28:37 pm »
So if we choose not to work in the rain, we are 'wusses', yet choose to work at other times, ie bank holidays, we are 'desperate'.  ::)roll

I work for myself because it affords me the flexibility to work the way I choose, not to fit in with whatever the general concensus may be within the window cleaning industry.  :)

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2015, 05:22:39 pm »
All a few of  us are saying is that you should earn enough on drier days to not have to worry about working in the rain should you choose not to

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2015, 05:29:06 pm »
I earn enough on the wet days so I don't have to work on dry days  ;D

Jakey boy

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2015, 05:37:29 pm »
So if we choose not to work in the rain, we are 'wusses', yet choose to work at other times, ie bank holidays, we are 'desperate'.  ::)roll

I work for myself because it affords me the flexibility to work the way I choose, not to fit in with whatever the general concensus may be within the window cleaning industry.  :)

John

This forum is full of people who love to criticise mate, no matter what you say, someone will try and shoot you down for it!

Jakey boy

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2015, 05:38:33 pm »
All a few of  us are saying is that you should earn enough on drier days to not have to worry about working in the rain should you choose not to

Exactly.

Johnny B

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2015, 05:47:41 pm »

I've been in this game for 18 years now, so I know how much I need to earn and what works for me by now.  :D

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Johnny B

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2015, 06:00:18 pm »

John

This forum is full of people who love to criticise mate, no matter what you say, someone will try and shoot you down for it!

I know Jakey, which is why I lurk more than post these days, unless I am in the mood to induce a reaction!

Best wishes,
John

Jakey boy

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 06:20:26 pm »

John

I know Jakey, which is why I lurk more than post these days, unless I am in the mood to induce a reaction!

Best wishes,
John

I think that's wise, I may adopt the same strategy! More hassle than it's worth half the time

gary999

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2015, 06:23:00 pm »
I work  most of the time when I want wet or dry and take time
off when I decide...for example I don't work at all in january ;)

Tony dunmall

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2015, 06:38:04 pm »
I earn enough on the wet days so I don't have to work on dry days  ;D

Yes my sentiments entirely, allways work days planned enjoy the dry days off