per month

0 (0%)
one off

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

barry80

is price I said ok for this
« on: November 17, 2014, 08:35:29 am »
Hi guys I got a phone call to estimate this job, Its got same windows at back of house and both ends of house
about 30 odd windows in total I told custie very dirty this time £30! then £20 per month.
do you guys think this is to expensive? (how much would you clean this property for) PER MONTH
house not for sale,  this custie is new owner of property........ thanks baz. :)
hello.

SeanK

Re: is price I said ok for this
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 08:51:20 am »
Are you sure you are getting it monthly and its not somebody looking them cleaned before moving ?
Wont comment on the price as I don't know your area.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 09:04:52 am »
1 off clean for that would be nearer the £75 mark.

Houses this size tend to opt for 8 wky than 4 (monthly) but should you get a monthly clean, again I think your light on the price.

As Sean said, are you sure it's going regular? I'd charge the above for a first clean then offer my monthly price with a 'loyalty' half price sixth clean

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 09:22:06 am »
£75 ! crikey  :D
fair play if you can.
Personally I'd quote £40 one off and £25 reg.
If the back is anything like the front then I cannot see it taking any longer than 30 mins.

Mick Kent

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 02:04:33 pm »
id charge around the same £20 a month. id charge £30-£40 as a 1 off.
Seems a fair price. 10 of those a day would be a nice little number.
Where £75 comes from i do not know as noone would pay that unless in realy posh areas but it looks like a simple 4 bed house to me! i dont see why they would want it 8 weekly unless you pushed or offered 8 weekly as an option! Just go in at £20 a month and your £30 for first clean. Id be more than happy with that each month..

paul ette

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 02:35:59 pm »
30 MINS JOB , THINK AROUND 25 TO 30 GOOD PRICE, BUT IF YOU CAN GET 75 FAIR PLAY :o

C o z y

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 02:40:18 pm »
House not for sale eh? Custy just collects For Sale boards as a hobby does he? Is that the left half of the house we can see, so it's twice the size as the pic? Ask him if he wants to have some more For Sale boards, I can sort him out a few, for a decent bung.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

martin hulstone

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 02:44:03 pm »
I window clean in an affluent area and i couldnt look them in the eye if i said 75 quid. Come on. its a thirty minute job tops, plus maybe a bit of travelling if not in your area.

Jonny 87

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 03:54:25 pm »
When you say 30 odd windows are you counting individual panes?

I can only see about 8 windows on the front.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 04:13:15 pm »
I read it as 30 windows BOTH ENDS are the same front and back - so your looking at a quarter of the house.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 04:17:24 pm »
25 6 wks
35 12wk

8weekly

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2014, 05:56:10 pm »
I think people miss the point with pricing one offs. If you only charge £10 more for a one off on that, why would the customer opt for anything else? "That's £20 every two months or I can just clean them when they are minging for £30 - once a year if you like". Er....

If all your customers just called when they needed cleaning you would have no businesses. The one off price needs to reflect that.

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

Assumes house ends below the end dormer and the additional brickwork visible is next door.

Mick Kent

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2014, 07:05:31 pm »
I think people miss the point with pricing one offs. If you only charge £10 more for a one off on that, why would the customer opt for anything else? "That's £20 every two months or I can just clean them when they are minging for £30 - once a year if you like". Er....

If all your customers just called when they needed cleaning you would have no businesses. The one off price needs to reflect that.

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

Assumes house ends below the end dormer and the additional brickwork visible is next door.
That would be all well and good in an ideal world if there was a shortage of window cleaners!
Sadly we are 10 to the penny so if 1 cleaner wont do it another 1 will.
£65 for a 1 off clean on that house with just over 12 windows at a guess???good luck.

colin bird

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2014, 07:12:17 pm »
£20 six weekly for me

8weekly

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2014, 07:19:50 pm »

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

That would be all well and good in an ideal world if there was a shortage of window cleaners!
£65 for a 1 off clean on that house with just over 12 windows at a guess???good luck.

The thing is I ain't bothered as I don't want one offs. But I do quite often get them at that price. I did one two weeks ago that was smaller than the one shown for £120 in and out.

Window Lickers

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2014, 07:39:04 pm »
One off £55.00. We'd TFR the upstairs sills for that as well to ensure they weren't green as well as the undersides of upstairs sills.

40 minute job, from start to finish.

Regular 8 weekly would be £45.00 - 25 mins tops.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Tom-01

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2014, 11:50:49 pm »
£70 one off - tack it on the end of a day or an early start first job
£35 4 weekly
£45 8 weekly

Tom-01

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2014, 11:55:56 pm »

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

I know a window cleaner who takes pretty much anything at really low prices and he's forever running about all over the place and can't understand why he can't make much profit. I even passed on a £180 one off job to him because I knew it would be hassle and I couldn't fit it in for 3 weeks - he was there THE NEXT DAY - I know what position I'd rather be in.

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 07:27:52 am »

£65 one off.
£30 8 weekly.

I know a window cleaner who takes pretty much anything at really low prices and he's forever running about all over the place and can't understand why he can't make much profit. I even passed on a £180 one off job to him because I knew it would be hassle and I couldn't fit it in for 3 weeks - he was there THE NEXT DAY - I know what position I'd rather be in.
If someone was to offer me a one off job at £180 I'd be there the next day too

H20cleaning

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 08:29:05 am »
The pricing on here never fails to amuse me :D