richywilts

having taken back over the business as new ltd company
« on: November 10, 2014, 12:31:30 am »
ive taken back over the business and changed bank account changed it to a new limited company, gave newsletters out to customers with new bank details etc, had new bank details on the invoices (which i now highlight in coloured pen) some customers are still paying into the old account which i do not have access too having fallen out with lad who came in to run business in my absence hes not answering my texts ive been round and spoke to him to forward me the money and details whose paid in but he still hasnt ive gave customers his number and address.

just after some advice regarding the matter is this a police issue of theft or is it a civil matter as the money has accidently been placed in his account by mistake
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Johnny B

Re: having taken back over the business as new ltd company
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 12:53:06 am »
Why don't you have access to the bank account? If it is in your name contact the bank and get  it closed asap. Arrange if possible for payments that quote the old account number to be redirected into the new one. Then get statements and find out what went on with the account while in the hands of your ex-employee.

Also did you have a written contract with him to include his handling of the account?

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 06:34:58 am »
whilst i was away he came in and set it up as a limited business in his name bank account in his name, we were best mates but hes f***ed me over a little cant be arsed going in to details but ya learn ya cant trust people when you go away
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 08:09:08 am »
whilst i was away he came in and set it up as a limited business in his name bank account in his name, we were best mates but hes f***ed me over a little cant be arsed going in to details but ya learn ya cant trust people when you go away

Euphemism?
It's a game of three halves!

Ben wood

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 08:10:12 am »
I would say your best bet would to go round all the customers and give out new bank details and say you won't honour any payments made to the old account from then on. They will soon start using the new details then.

andyM

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 08:11:49 am »
Im not sure if you're the unluckiest window cleaner on the forum........or the stupidest?
One of the Plebs

dannymack

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 08:46:18 am »
All I can say if it wasn't for him you wouldn't have a business? I'd of made him a partner

Johnny B

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 08:55:29 am »
Even when dealing with a best mate, you should always have a detailed, written agreement. It's not necessarily out of mistrust, but so both parties are protected from any misunderstandings that may otherwise occur.

Richie, if you can't prove the money paid into his account is yours, you are screwed.

What I fail to understand is how well you have done to build up your business so successfully, yet have cut so many corners and caused yourself so many problems. Not having a go, it's just the way I see it based on what you have posted on here in the past.

John  
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 10:14:30 am »
It as if all his customers are high or something.

I kid I kid.

Scare him of fraud and theft.

Dick

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 01:35:30 pm »
I'm usually interested to read your posts but am mystified by someone who appears to be reasonably clued up business wise with expansion plans etc. but then comes out with some basic cock-ups, try keeping things simple it makes life so much easier.

richywilts

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 03:29:39 pm »
when i was away it was pretty hard to get much written up as an agreement i was very close to losing the business, its got a bit messy and nasty when i got out fell out i thought id covered the bank details by trying to go round and speak to most customers explaining whats gone on and the new bank details etc but i cant help it if customers automatically send money via bacs to the old account that is there error i was of the understanding that the old account had been closed down but apparently hes set up window cleaning which im not 100% sure if he has hence the account still open its not a great deal of money just more of a ball ache for me and the customers
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 03:31:46 pm »
All I can say if it wasn't for him you wouldn't have a business? I'd of made him a partner

i offered to go 50-50 danny i thought that was the plan when i got out but he turned his nose up at it and demanded money instead
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 04:46:41 pm »
don't think theres much you can do ... swallow whats not been paid to you and make sure in future they pay correct bank or you cash collect for a while .... is he not a member on here ?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 05:23:27 pm »
nothing straight forward with richy  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

ashbash

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 05:30:37 pm »
so he wanted you to give him money to be a partner in your business. surely a typo ???

dave0123

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 05:35:12 pm »
Hang on...

He set up a limited company in his name and ran it though that when you was away?

Its his business then not yours if you aren't a share holder of it? have you been appointed director yet?
Dave.

dave0123

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 05:38:10 pm »
Oh sorry you set it up as limited.

Just as a warning in case you didn't no.. you need to tell your vehicle insurance company that you are now running it as a Limited company or you wont be covered.
Dave.

richywilts

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2014, 06:21:49 pm »
Oh sorry you set it up as limited.

Just as a warning in case you didn't no.. you need to tell your vehicle insurance company that you are now running it as a Limited company or you wont be covered.

what happened dave i was away he setup a limited company, i thought we would go 50/50 then he declined saying he wants paying out he ended up getting a grand, wouldnt let me continue with business in that ltd name or carry on with bank account so i had to set up new ltd company and new bank account
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 06:27:59 pm »
Only one way to settle it ..............FIGHT!

richywilts

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 06:30:22 pm »
don't think theres much you can do ... swallow whats not been paid to you and make sure in future they pay correct bank or you cash collect for a while .... is he not a member on here ?

its not the money that bothers me ian its the principle that customers have paid in good faith and then ive been ringing and texting asking for payment etc builds up mistrust when i try to be trustworthy not a great start
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct