karlosdaze

Re: www.findmeawindowcleaner.co.uk site is now wor
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2003, 01:55:23 am »

Do I have to sleep next to Jack the Kipper?

I think thats "Billy the butchers" week!

BeeClean

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2003, 01:47:45 pm »
Mike im surprised not many fed members other than the commitee have answered your questions maybe thats why nothing ever gets done  :-/ anyway i prefer to see them all arguing in public ;D
(if corporate membership is limited why is it twice the price  ???)

gibbouk

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2003, 06:09:45 pm »
Hi

So, if we all agree that the Federation would achieve more if more members got involved, the questions are:

1) Would a Federation members area on this site be the place for these discussions?

2) What do YOU, the Federation members think

3) What does the committee think? Would it genuinely and enthusiastically promote it to its members

I look forward to your comments

Mike Boxall

GOT HERE A BIT LATE FOR ALL THIS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO STATE A POINT OF VIEW ON THE ABOVE COMMENTS.
TO HIDE THE CONS OF THE MEMBERSHIP TO THE FEDERATION. I THINK IS WRONG. I HAVE NOT JOINED YET AND AM STILL  DECIDING. AS IT GOES I CANNOT SEE ANY BENIFIT FOR ME IN JOINING AT THE PRESENT TIME. BUT AT LEAST I SEE THE OTHER SIDE TO IT ALL. TO CREATE AN AREA THAT IS ONLY FOR MEMBERS WOULD EXCLUDE PEOPLE LIKE ME THAT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW ALL THE FACTS ABOUT THE FED.

Andrew

« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2003, 12:24:05 am »
FEDERATION COCOON?

Due to contractual commitments taking my time I have not had opportunity to enjoy the forum over the last few weeks. I was interested today then to read through the progression of this thread during my absence.

Congratulations i say to Mike Boxall for his endeavours to accomodate the sensitivities of the NFMW&GC! Mike raised the question of whether the NFMW&GC have their own sector of the Forum!  

In the November 2003 issue of one national cleaning trade mag, the Fed, as in previous issues, claim of themselves: WORKING WITH AND FOR BRITAINS WINDOW CLEANERS.

In the NFMW&GC recruitment leaflet, National Federation of Master Window & General Cleaners - How Will the N.F.M.W. & G.C. Benefit You?, it says on page 3, its aims include to, "Represent the Industry with Government and Municipal bodies".  Page 6 says, "The Federation was formed in 1947 to establish an authoritative orgination (sic) specifically concerned with the Window Cleaning Industry and its subsidiary services..."

The purported purpose of the NFMW&GC is then clear. This body, by its own published word claims to represent the interests of all in the window cleaning industry, not just its membership.  In my view for the NFMW&GC to accept Mikes suggestion would:

• Be a repudiation of that claim.  
    Make it next to impossible, in terms of the wider membership of this Forum, to carry out that function.

Andrew Walker - Edu-Clean UK

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2003, 02:27:40 pm »
Welcome back Andrew

Do you not think that it would be the place for members to discuss Federation policies and allow them to get more involved in developing them?

I agree that general Federation topics should be open to all but I also think there should be an opportunity for those members that are not able to attend committee meetings to have their say.

Unfortunately, although those involved seem to favor the idea, we have yet to make much progress on it.

Maybe now that this topic has been brought back to life we could have some more comments on it.

Regards

Mike

paul

« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2003, 08:20:58 pm »
IM A FED MEMBER AND LISTED ON THE SITE BUT THEY CONTACTED ME ABOUT IT

Rob_B

« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2003, 08:28:23 pm »
I wondered what you was going on about, but then I remembered what the topic started out as ;).
I'm a fed member but I am not registered, however someome else in my town is. I filled out  the registration when it first came out (which has now gone) but to no avail. i don't think too many people know its there anyway :-/

Majestic

« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2003, 12:47:57 am »
Has anyone had any work from this site ???, or does anyones customers know about this site , 8)

dave_r

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2003, 12:35:52 am »
Just tried this site.
Cannot see antthing referring to 'find a window'.

Any ideas?   ???

dave_r

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2003, 12:37:25 am »
Just tried this site and cannot find any reference to it.

Any help?

dave_r

« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2003, 12:46:15 am »
What are the real advantages to joining the federation?

STEVE71163

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2003, 10:18:26 am »
Hi Dave
          If you go to the site and look on the right hand side their is a box with find me a window cleaner,If you click on this you will get to the right section.

Steve

karlosdaze

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2003, 05:36:01 pm »
NFMW&GC
I would like to thank Andrew Walker for pushing the subject for European members on this and other websites. Many thanks to Martin Warman for his sterling work and for bringing the subject up yet again at the recent meeting. Even if it did get a little heated at times in the past, thanks for all involved and any commitee members I have unintentionally ommited in providing the result. I haven't been notified of the minutes, or what was said, the end result is Beryl will be sending me an application form in due course. I know I shouldn't count my chickens...... ;D
Now to get listed on "findmeawindowcleaner"!!

Majestic

« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2003, 07:21:51 pm »
Got my copy of Window Talk ( fed mag) this morning and inside it was about 10 leaflets advertising the find me a window cleaner site  8)

STEVE71163

« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2003, 07:45:38 am »
I have received a few enquiries from the find me a window cleaner site so far :)  How is this site being marketed ???

Steve