paul alan

any x line brush users?
« on: October 12, 2018, 08:15:50 pm »

NBwcs

Re: any x line brush users?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 11:12:51 pm »
They do it in a sill brush to, defo going to try it when next ordering.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 11:56:05 pm »
Redland do bricks you can get em from any builders merchants lol,200 odd grams for a brush 😂,you’ll find plenty on the floor of Noah’s Ark.

chris turner

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 12:01:52 am »
https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/en/xline-shop-2/water-fed-brushes/dupont-brushes/stiff-bristle-premium-rectangular-26cm-brush-detail

I like the look of this brush, 209 grams, stiff inner bristles.

Any experience?

Best brush around. Last ages and great on the glass. Had mine for about 8 months now and still looks relatively new.
I stopped using gardiners brushes a couple of years ago as couldn't get more then 8 weeks out of em before they were destroyed.
Tried the DuPont from window cleaning warehouse but felt to stiff on the glass. 
Although the xline is stiff it still splays pretty well and just feels really smooth on the glass.

chris turner

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 12:06:44 am »
Redland do bricks you can get em from any builders merchants lol,200 odd grams for a brush 😂,you’ll find plenty on the floor of Noah’s Ark.

You do talk dog poop don't you..
200 grams, heavy? Lol
I use it every day for almost every job, no probs at all.

S.A.J

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 06:54:15 am »
https://www.xline-systems.co.uk/en/xline-shop-2/water-fed-brushes/dupont-brushes/stiff-bristle-premium-rectangular-26cm-brush-detail

Any experience?

Very good brushes! Yes a bit heavier than Gardiners but they last! Get the one with the rinse bar! Really really good thought I’d be using more water but we are using less and we are working faster using the rinse bar version. 

paul alan

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 10:29:33 am »
I ordered one last night, should be here next week.

I am myself a big Gardiners fan, but I have 8 Gardiner brushes and want to try something different. I also have a tucker dual trim but that's about 280 grams and is too heavy for me. This X-line brush seems like a lighter version of the tucker brush, all Dupont bristles and the inner bristles are thicker at 3mm so should give a good scrub.

The last X-line brush I bought I never used, didn't like it. This one looks much better.

Chris-are you using the Dupont one in the link?

NWH

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 02:07:05 pm »
You can really notice a brush even if it’s slightly heavier,brushes get killed quicker if you bash em into the brickwork of frames.

nathankaye

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 02:22:48 pm »
You need to do a review after so many months Paul n report back on here.
I had a look at the dupont brushes but they seemed very soft bristles for my liking and so it put me off buying some.
Even though the streamline ones are slightly heavier the bristles are shorter and more firm and so I'm sticking to what I've known to work for me, but they did look tempting.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

chris turner

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 04:34:44 pm »
I ordered one last night, should be here next week.

I am myself a big Gardiners fan, but I have 8 Gardiner brushes and want to try something different. I also have a tucker dual trim but that's about 280 grams and is too heavy for me. This X-line brush seems like a lighter version of the tucker brush, all Dupont bristles and the inner bristles are thicker at 3mm so should give a good scrub.

The last X-line brush I bought I never used, didn't like it. This one looks much better.

Chris-are you using the Dupont one in the link?

Yep that's the one I have, had it since the week they were released.
I use to have a brush fetish, had about 9 different brushes in the van at one point.
This one is the best though so I have ditched most of them and kept an xline flocked for leaded windows and the gardiners flocked sill for fascias etc.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 05:06:12 pm »
I stopped using X line brushes...

I found the jets stick out slightly which could potentially scratch the glasss :(

I'm currently using gardeners ultimate soft...nice brushes and longevity is good.

paul alan

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 07:00:47 pm »

I found the jets stick out slightly which could potentially scratch the glasss :(

I'm currently using gardeners ultimate soft...nice brushes and longevity is good.

I fitted an extra pair of jets to my extreme last night, not in the existing holes, I made some new holes.

The jets protrude around 2 mm, I reckon you couldn't get the stock close enough to the glass with all them bristles there. You would have to push very hard, and even then I'm not sure you could get the bristles to compress down to 2 mm.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2018, 07:46:48 pm »

I fitted an extra pair of jets to my extreme last night, not in the existing holes, I made some new holes.

The jets protrude around 2 mm, I reckon you couldn't get the stock close enough to the glass with all them bristles there. You would have to push very hard, and even then I'm not sure you could get the bristles to compress down to 2 mm.
I'm not taking the risk mate.

jonny thompson

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2018, 07:58:28 pm »
I’ve used the mono dual trim about a year ago, bit heavier than the ultimate but lasts longer, I have just ordered a new one with the rinse bar so will report about it in a few weeks time

paul alan

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2018, 08:15:33 pm »

I'm not taking the risk mate.

I'm not suggesting you do. I very much doubt X-line would be selling a large amount of these brushes with a major design flaw though, especially as it would be easily corrected. Just sayin!

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2018, 08:51:06 pm »
Talking rinse bars, I need to get round to ordering one from Gardiner but waiting for my DIY one to die.
But has anyone used it yet and what's your opinion.?
   I believe x-line have their rinse bar in the middle of the brush and not on top, not sure if I'm keen on that approach myself
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonny thompson

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2018, 09:20:00 pm »
I will give a review after a couple of days regarding the rinse bar, I only bought it as it’s in the middle, wouldn’t of bothered if it was above

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2018, 09:48:54 pm »

Any experience?

Best brush around. Last ages and great on the glass. Had mine for about 8 months now and still looks relatively new.
I stopped using gardiners brushes a couple of years ago as couldn't get more then 8 weeks out of em before they were destroyed.
Tried the DuPont from window cleaning warehouse but felt to stiff on the glass. 
Although the xline is stiff it still splays pretty well and just feels really smooth on the glass.

Ime using Gardiners supream stiff brushes with hot water and find 8 weeks lifespan is about it , do these x line ones have more bristles than Gardiners ? Looks like it does , can you use these with hot water ok ? Looked on there web site and it doesn’t say about hot water that I can see , Ime very tempted to get one to try , has anyone got there sill brush that looks a nice bit of kit to

SB Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2018, 10:01:19 pm »
I will give a review after a couple of days regarding the rinse bar, I only bought it as it’s in the middle, wouldn’t of bothered if it was above
The rinse bars are rubbish imo

I sent mine back...the jets were not straight and the rinse bar catches on frames and cills.

paul alan

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2018, 07:10:47 am »
Talking rinse bars, I need to get round to ordering one from Gardiner but waiting for my DIY one to die.
But has anyone used it yet and what's your opinion.?
   I believe x-line have their rinse bar in the middle of the brush and not on top, not sure if I'm keen on that approach myself

I have a Gardiner rinse bar, only use it now and again. The last X line brush I had, had a rinse bar in the middle. Didn't like it and never used it, flogged it quick.