AdamC

Introducing myself
« on: October 18, 2004, 07:43:44 pm »
Hello To Everyone,

First off i will say hello to everybody and secondly what a great forum!! My names Adam and i live in the West Midlands. Today i took the plunge to get into the Window Cleaning Business. It all started off when i was cleaning my windows at the front of the house, because i live in a Cul de Sac people walked passed me and said jokingly "You can start on my windows after that" and we would both laugh, and thats when it hit me, there are about 26 houses in the Cul De Sac where i live and not once have i ever seen a window cleaner, i had a talk with my mom and told her the score, and she said why dont you charge them to clean the windows, and thats when i decided to try out my own Window Cleaning Business. I know all these subjects have been covered in the forum and i have looked, but at the moment i am on a very tight budject, what tools could i start off with? Most of the houses have difficult 1st story windows, small tiled roof under the windows, so getting up there could prove tricky, so do i go for a pole first off? Also all of the houses have ground floor bay windows, 4 small pane windows at top and 3 large window underneath, So thinking what to charge them, i came up with a price £5.00 to clean front windows and £7.00 to clean all back windows, or if they want them all done, £10.00 for front and back, do you think this is a sensible price to be charging??? Also if anybody could send me some example flyers, that would be most kind.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Adam

WavieDavie

Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 08:33:59 pm »
Hi Adam and welcome!

You're just the type of person Admin and Mods love to see around here - a crawler and flatterer ;)

Let me have your email (click on my username over to the left, for that) and I'll send you off some stuff which should help.

So thinking what to charge them, i came up with a price £5.00 to clean front windows and £7.00 to clean all back windows, or if they want them all done, £10.00 for front and back, do you think this is a sensible price to be charging???
Time yourself on your own house, and from that you can work out what to charge, once you've worked out what you want to make per hour. I wouldn't give them an option - go for the full job every time. There's so much information on here you'll be blinded, but do a search for flyers and what tools and that should set you off in the right direction.

I'm sure some others will be along shortly to help you further.

All the best in your venture, you've come to the right place!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk