afssm123

Questions to ask customers
« on: March 01, 2011, 02:06:31 pm »
Hi. Ok I am about to start my week of canvassing. I have my uniform and printed leaflets.

I intend to door knock as I think I will get the best result.

I want to go pre-armed with a form that I can complete with the customer but was thinking what questions should I be asking

I know I need to know name, address, phone number, access arrangements etc - but should there be any others?

I intend to have a tick box section for the services I will offer, so I will run through these with the customer at the time

Look forward to hearing any thoughts

Ian101

Re: Questions to ask customers
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 08:19:47 am »
tell them how you want to be paid  ;)

Stephen Dwyer

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 04:32:11 pm »
Not sure if my reply is too late but here are a few things thsat you shoud maybe ask. 

1) How often do you want me to come to clean the windows? (4, 8 weeks etc)

2) What will I do if there is no one home to pay?  Will you be ok sending a cheque or will I have to come back on an evening to collect the payment? 

3) Do you want the windows cleaned in the rain?  (Can save you a journey and a rejection if they make it known now that they don't want you to show up in bad weather). 

GoodFella2006

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 11:46:20 pm »
Ask them if there are any windows needs special care,fragile or cracked.

I did a first clean couple weeks ago with WFP.As i was doing a bedroom window above the extension,i could only see the top half of the window,i heard the crack noise.I stepped back and saw the crack.

I ran to the door and asked her if there was a cracked window,and luckily she said yes,otherwise i was thinking about getting it replaced for them.Well,i made the crack even worse but she was supposed to tell me about it before i start cleaning,or i was supposed to ask ???

I feel guilty  ;D

Another thing to ask customer,is it ok if you clean their windows 8 in the morning and on saturdays even sundays.

You might need to work those days and hours when really desperate of cash.