afssm123

Questions
« on: June 07, 2010, 02:33:36 pm »
As a newbie I would like your thoughts on -:

1. With a WFP system - how many houses can be cleaned in an hour (assuming they are close together)

2. Do you collect payment or do you leave a stamped address envelope?

3. When out canvassing for new business - what do you say to the person answering the door (very interested to know how the WFP guys explain the system)

and finally (for now ) ...

4. What other business opportunities are there? 

cleewindows

Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:22:16 pm »
As a newbie I would like your thoughts on -:

1. With a WFP system - how many houses can be cleaned in an hour (assuming they are close together)

2 a day if your lucky!

cash only,need your beer money

3. When out canvassing for new business - what do you say to the person answering the door (very interested to know how the WFP guys explain the system)

Do you want your windows cleaned?

none!

afssm123

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 08:42:45 am »
That wasn't a great help. But thanks for replying (I think)

Ian101

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:35:58 am »
Hi afssm, I was in your position a few months back, been part time for 3 months or so now but full time as of tomorrow (typing this at work on my last day in emplyment  :) ) .. my advice is as follows. btw I do all mine trad unless difficult to reach window then use my purefreedom trolley

1. no answer to this as all houses are different with wfp I can do my house 16 windows / doors in about 25 mins but some more experianced lads on here will do it in possibly 15 - 20 minutes.

2. if their in they pay me there and then if there not then I leave a stamped addressed envelope

3. dont go into detail with the customer about wfp as most are not bothered ... all they want is clean windows .. as you get more experianced then possibly very breifely tell them about system .. I just say its de mineralised water which leaves the glass spotless they seem happy at this but like I say dont tell them unless they ask as you will be talking about stuff you may not be able to fully explain and you will end up looking like a lemon .... like I did at first

4. one thing at one time dont run b4 u can walk however the odd customer has asked me do I cut grass ... said no as Im concentrating on building my window cleaning business

Other advice ... let me think .. well dont think too deep and long about the business as you seem to be doing just get out there and find windows to clean  :D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 11:01:45 pm »
Hi afssm, I was in your position a few months back, been part time for 3 months or so now but full time as of tomorrow (typing this at work on my last day in emplyment  :) ) .. my advice is as follows. btw I do all mine trad unless difficult to reach window then use my purefreedom trolley

1. no answer to this as all houses are different with wfp I can do my house 16 windows / doors in about 25 mins but some more experianced lads on here will do it in possibly 15 - 20 minutes.

2. if their in they pay me there and then if there not then I leave a stamped addressed envelope

3. dont go into detail with the customer about wfp as most are not bothered ... all they want is clean windows .. as you get more experianced then possibly very breifely tell them about system .. I just say its de mineralised water which leaves the glass spotless they seem happy at this but like I say dont tell them unless they ask as you will be talking about stuff you may not be able to fully explain and you will end up looking like a lemon .... like I did at first

4. one thing at one time dont run b4 u can walk however the odd customer has asked me do I cut grass ... said no as Im concentrating on building my window cleaning business ian did u buy that work in hoole ???????

Other advice ... let me think .. well dont think too deep and long about the business as you seem to be doing just get out there and find windows to clean  :D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 08:52:09 am »
HI Gav yep from Bob

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 11:52:40 am »
Speed comes in time, depends on the house size & access

At the moment i collect from a few each week.. 70% pay bank transfer, the rest pay cheques (they post them) oh and i have a option to pay through my website. Im bringing in a card payment method through paypal where i ring them and take card details over the phone - once this is in place i wont be collecting any more

Hi there, just wondered if you need a window cleaner - if they ask how i clean them i say using a water ped pole system, the windows are left wet, dry naturally and leave a great clean window

The world is your oyster.... good bolt on's for window cleaning are fascia cleaning, conservatory roofs, internals, clearing gutters out, & pressure washing
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go