BRSL

little floor to sort out
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:31:21 pm »
G’Day guys I have this little floor to try to sort out

A local commercial cleaning contractor has stripped this linoleum floor and caused some damage and I would like to be able to help.

The polish (pioneer eclipse equinox) was stripped using an auto scrubber using Advanced own brand stripper (local to NZ but high alkaline) using SPP pads

There is obvious staining and even some wheel marks

So far I have stripped back the polish to check if the staining was in the polish or in the floor and unfortunately it is in the floor, so im thinking the damage has been caused by the high alkaline stripper, I tried some acids to see if bringing the PH down could help but it did not.

Do you think this could be reversed ?

There is a finish on the floor which im guessing has been put on at manufacturer but don’t know for sure, when buffed the results are very pleasing, in some areas where the SPP pads have taken this finish off the floor the floor is very porus

any advise would be very welcome, im thinking if the surface could be abraded then permanently sealed and polished on top to match existing finish

W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

BRSL

Re: little floor to sort out
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:32:50 pm »
Dark staining and wheel marks

W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

BRSL

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 12:35:39 pm »
wheel marks and even tyre tred marks, you can actualy feel dipps in the floor where the tyre marks are, any thoughts why this would happen ?

W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

BRSL

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 12:38:04 pm »
strange worn area where the top of the floor has been abraded away, I have mopped the area to highlight the effect

W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C