totalclean

Re: things i hate about wfp
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 08:32:25 pm »
i think the problem at no 1 is that when you disconect the pole after finishing the job or moving to a different part of the job you reel in the pipe and the connector rubs along the floor all the way to the reel this causes all sorts of problems your wearing it out .which will make it stick when you try to disconect or pop of when you dont want it to which is whats happening now.the same thing used to happen to me all the time so how i prevented this from happening is to cut a tennis ball in half make a hole in it a bit smaller than the connector put it in your pocket and when youve finnished the job just pop it over the end then reel in
this has worked for me hope this is helpfull if not just ignore it and keep buying parts goodluck

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2006, 09:27:48 pm »
Tosh

A van mount is far quicker than a back pack and a lot less hassle, my average job is just over half an hour and i have plenty where i use 200 litres on just one job

Total

good tip i may try that. i usually walk the hose back to the van before i wind in but not always.

Ian
I will definately try a salmon brush, is gazs brushes the same as peter fogwills.
It is interesting to see that a salmon lasts so much longer than a purpose built top name brush, i have used top of the range brushes from 2 big wfp manufacturers now,and they end up so annoying as they wear out ie bending in one direction.

Also the unger poles seem to last a lot longer than the big name wfp manufacturers also (why did i fall for it) . i just wanted the best and got 2 poles from 2 different manufacturers and they are both loosing grip on the clamp sections in fact they are both falling apart, the internal stops which stop the sections coming out to far have disintegrated on both poles now and one of them has actually split where the drill holes are , as for microbore i wanted the best yet again only to be sold 2 faulty hoses from 2 manufacturers.

I wish i just went the cheap and chearfull route instead of falling for it big time.

I will try an unger pole and salmon brush and see how i get on, well i cant get much worse

Dave

Today i was on a nusrsing home and can usually finish it on a full tank full, but today because of my dodgy connector i had to finish the last 20 windows by hand, i had forgot what that felt like ,horrible

master cleaner

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2006, 09:46:27 pm »
How heavy is a backpack and how much water does it carry?

What Dave posted about steps caught my attention.

Thanks

hi ross i appologise for going off topic earlier.
the backpacks we use hold 16ltrs of water and we ordered the extra small fan jets from cleantech which save us loads of water i usually put 12 ltrs in the backpack and carry it all day no problem.

gary

jinky230

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2006, 09:53:18 pm »
david this is the connectors I use

hope it helps jinky, got sick of fighting to get brush heads of poles

neil100

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2006, 10:04:19 pm »
Dave I use Gaz brushes on my 18' poles and a 24' pole and I am very impressed with them. I have had them four months and they still look as good as when I first got them. My freind got 2 brushes from ioincs the cheap one and the expensive one and both look awfull, They look like they have had a heavy date with Uri Geller. And he has had them less then 3 months. He could not beleive it when he saw how good mine look.

A vikan brush on a mini pole is the Bees nuts for dealing with snail trails. I dont bat an eye lid when I see um on the glass its that good for removing them.

I have not had a problem with my arms or elbows since I used Gaz brush. Its so light and it glides along the glass far easy then an ioincs brush.

Enclosed is a photo of my gardiner connector with valve on my m/bore hose. I tuck hose through my belt so the valve is on my hip. I never drag or drop the connector and have never had a problem with them.

rosskesava

« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2006, 10:37:47 pm »
Hi G,L,R Window Cleaning Services

Thanks for the info and no worries re going off topic. It is maybe worthwhile posting something about that as a new topic.

Accidents are never that far from anyones thoughts who use ladders. Especially when it's so near to home so to speak and I think your experience is worth stating.

Back to the backpacks, 16ltrs, in total with all the other bits needed, the weight is maybe 40 - 45 lbs?

I'll probably be working on my own soon so I need to start planning. I don't want to get a back pack and find it weighs something ridiculous.

Cheers

master cleaner

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2006, 09:34:42 pm »
hi Ross

you dont fill it all the time it does get heavy but i find that 12ltrs is no problem at all
gary