Moderator David@stives

things i hate about wfp
« on: June 27, 2006, 10:57:35 pm »
Like the title says some things i hate about wfp i will list them in order of annoyance and hope that the suppliers will pick up on it.

Before some bright spark supplier says you should have bought one of our systems, most have my parts have been purchased of household name  wfp suppliers.

Now in at number 1.

The thing that is really bugging me at the moment is the connectors pulling off where the hose connects to  the pole hose every time i move, i have tried hoselock , the air type fittings, in fact in six months i have had at least 10  differnt fittings and they still pop off.

2 . the same fittings not shutting the water off after they have popped off, especially the air type fittings, i have to keep shoving a screwdriver in the end to try and make the stop part activate, most of the time this fails so i just have to put the end in my bucket to prevent my van being soaked. At about a fiver a time its not funny any more

3 Microbore hose swelling up like a sausage because of the inner layer failing, to prevent the swelling i put a small cut in the outer layer to release the pressure, the biggest problem with this is you normally get a wet leg with the constant hose leak. this has happened on 2 hoses now

4 . bristles on brush heads that decide that they are just going to collapse and lean to one side making cleaning difficult on one edge of the window, i have gone through 3 brush heads in 6 months, these so called mono filament brushes from 2 top manufacturers, no thank you, i am going to try something else.

5. poles that dont lock tight enough so they decide to swivel on you when you are 20 feet in the air, the problem is worse on the gooseneck poles, this is most annoying when the gooseneck spins and you nearly shatter someones window, this has happened to me once and it cost me £30 to replace a small pane

6. filling the van every night and forgetting that you have left the tap running until one of the neighbors tells you there is a swimming pool at the bottom of the street.

I will be a bit quicker now

7 changing resin

8 spots

9 getting soaked when you have to stand close under a winow, it always seems to be one of those window ledges that just makes the water bounce all over you

10 snail trails on windows

11 paying stupid money for parts that are clearly a rip off

12 manufacturers telling you, you can easily double your income(dont make me laugh)

13 customers faces when they have never seen wfp before , they look at you as though you have just pi55ed on there shoe

14 losing the button on my variestream only to be promised it would be replaced and 6 months later i am still waiting

15 getting a phone call every month from a guy with a scouse accent asking me if i want to buy another crap pole for even more money even though i say no every time.

I could go on and on and on but i think i will give others the chance to fill in the last few or however many it might be.

Rant over   ;D

pjulk

Re: things i hate about wfp
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 11:06:40 pm »
David

I take it you have had a bad day today.

What about the things you like about wfp.

Paul

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 11:10:21 pm »
Paul its the same every day, sometimes worse.

The things i like about wfp ????????????????????

It gets me off the ladders apart from that , i get arm ache instead of leg ache and its a little bit quicker on some jobs.

The only reason i got wfp was for safety, nothing else

Dave

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:12:53 pm »
David.
Concerning number 15.  You only have to ask him to remove your number from his telephone list and he obliges.  I assume you are referring to Brodex?

matt

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 11:15:16 pm »
1. cat crap on hose

2. dog crap on hose

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 11:16:47 pm »
Jets getting block that one really cheeses me off.

master cleaner

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 11:17:17 pm »
hi david
maybe i can help you with numbers 1 and 2

i have put my flow control valve 12 inches away from the stop connector that way i hold it in my hand and it never comes off also it never gets broken because it is in your hand and not being draged along the floor

hope this helps

gary

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 11:18:57 pm »
Jets getting block that one really cheeses me off.

I carry a bit of paperclip wire for this.  OK, I know it will block again eventually but at least this saves me from having to deal with the jet if I'm on a roll and don't want to be held up.

Morph

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 11:32:04 pm »
Well sorry about this but thanks to "Graham" my equipment setup has caused me no problems in 9 months!
 But I do have some body pains that may cause me to consider suicide just lately.
I have been off work for 2 days with back pain, and I can't feel my thumb any more!

DASERVICES

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 11:36:08 pm »
Like the title says some things i hate about wfp i will list them in order of annoyance and hope that the suppliers will pick up on it.

Before some bright spark supplier says you should have bought one of our systems, most have my parts have been purchased of household name  wfp suppliers.

Now in at number 1.

The thing that is really bugging me at the moment is the connectors pulling off where the hose connects to  the pole hose every time i move, i have tried hoselock , the air type fittings, in fact in six months i have had at least 10  differnt fittings and they still pop off.

2 . the same fittings not shutting the water off after they have popped off, especially the air type fittings, i have to keep shoving a screwdriver in the end to try and make the stop part activate, most of the time this fails so i just have to put the end in my bucket to prevent my van being soaked. At about a fiver a time its not funny any more

Dave,

I've tried the new pro end from Gardners and I find so far these are better than Hoselock.
Only odd thing is the ball but I find it does not snag as much as hoselock. One word of advise you will need 'O' ring Clip Pliers to fit these.

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

Doug

brett walker

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 11:36:41 pm »
It may be safer than trad but things sure are a lot harder i am not taking any other wfp work on i am selling some off with some contract work ive been offered.  So i can get round in plenty of time then it will be less stress 8)

Interesting subject this one :)

regards

Brett.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 11:37:26 pm »
I have had the thumb thing, and the back thing also still got the tennis elbow thing.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 11:39:28 pm »
Blimey, some surprising postings here.

You particularly surprised me Dave, I've always seen you as a real flag-waver for wfp. :o

brett walker

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 11:40:50 pm »
I have had the thumb thing, and the back thing also still got the tennis elbow thing.

Dave

havent had the thumb thing yet but ive had everything else, ive got that many bandage supports on i look like a mummy ;D

Brett.

ronaldo

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 11:41:46 pm »

You aint on your own with the elbow thing Dave  :-[
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Morph

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2006, 11:43:44 pm »
anyone had the thingy thing yet?

ronaldo

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2006, 11:44:59 pm »
Not yet  :o :o :o :o :o :o

master cleaner

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 11:45:08 pm »
if i could just add something
the thing i hated about traditional was the day i watched my son fall off his ladder.

makes wfp all worth while

gary

ronaldo

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 11:47:28 pm »
Sorry to hear about that one Gaz, hope he didnt hurt himself .

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 11:47:36 pm »
Squeeks

I wave the wfp flag for safety, In short it is safer , mostly quicker, It cleans as well as trad, without wfp i would have quit wc by now or just settled for bungalows,

Thats it BUNGALOWS , thats the answer

Ronaldo

I really sympathise with the elbow thing there is nothing worse, it is getting slightly better.

GLR

I have fell off a few times myself hence why i went WFP

WFP should come with an health warning and an early depression warning, i was doing ok until i started getting the odd complaint last month.

I may retire to the Outer Hebrides after all