Franchise Opportunity Birmingham
« on: August 25, 2012, 03:58:58 pm »
180959529861 on ebay for more information

KS Cleaning

Re: Franchise Opportunity Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 06:18:25 pm »
I am puzzled.On another thread you say you don't even have 350 customers,yet what you are tryin to sell on ebay suggests you are a big company.Mind you if bidders are happy to pay more for a used gardiners pole than they cost new,you may well get someone naive enough

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 06:43:42 pm »
I am puzzled.On another thread you say you don't even have 350 customers,yet what you are tryin to sell on ebay suggests you are a big company.Mind you if bidders are happy to pay more for a used gardiners pole than they cost new,you may well get someone naive enough

if you read the post correctly, when I went Ltd last year I did not have 350 customers, but time moves on and I get new customers on a daily basis, I am quoting for 2 new ones tomorrow morning.

and I would love to know where I can get a BRAND NEW SL2 42' pole for less than £500

and if you read the ebay advert, the franchisee has the chance to operate the round for 4 weeks before they part with any money and also the contract agreement will have in it what I promise to do for the franchisee and getting the franchisee work is covered by it, if I fail then the agreement can be cancelled and all moneys returned.

and finally I am not selling a business that comes with x amount of customers instead they get a yearly turnover figure of £10k on day one and this will be increased on a monthly basis at a set rate per month of new work until they reach £50k.

out of the franchise money I get from the franchisee, I will order and deliver 120k leaflets and follow up with a door knock by a team of door to door canvassers, with me doing the closing.

How many new customers do you think I will get from 120k leaflets?

Frankybadboy

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 07:02:40 pm »
cant knock a tryer. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 08:48:32 pm »

if you read the post correctly, when I went Ltd last year I did not have 350 customers, but time moves on and I get new customers on a daily basis, I am quoting for 2 new ones tomorrow morning.

and I would love to know where I can get a BRAND NEW SL2 42' pole for less than £500

and if you read the ebay advert, the franchisee has the chance to operate the round for 4 weeks before they part with any money and also the contract agreement will have in it what I promise to do for the franchisee and getting the franchisee work is covered by it, if I fail then the agreement can be cancelled and all moneys returned.

and finally I am not selling a business that comes with x amount of customers instead they get a yearly turnover figure of £10k on day one and this will be increased on a monthly basis at a set rate per month of new work until they reach £50k.

out of the franchise money I get from the franchisee, I will order and deliver 120k leaflets and follow up with a door knock by a team of door to door canvassers, with me doing the closing.

How many new customers do you think I will get from 120k leaflets?

I was not referring to your pole on ebay, it was a used CLX 27 which went for over £200,I was pointing out there are some naive people who will pay silly prices for used items.
And in response to your question about leaflets....None,because you won't get any money to spend on leaflets because there will be no franchisees.Are you really goin to ask them for 10K, then tell them, once I have got your money I will order 120K leaflets and knock doors to get you customers.

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 09:06:26 pm »
I don't know where you are getting your information from, but as normal on here and other sites it's wrong.

over the last couple of months I have only sold 2 poles, one was a sl2 and the other was a clx18 for £115

and has for getting someone to buy a franchise, well Ian Lancaster does quite well and I am offering the same service at almost the same price.

If you look at the agreement it states that I will start them up with £10k of work on day 1 and increase their round by £500 every month until they reach £50k.

I already have over £50k of business without needing to generate any new customers, so as far as the franchisee is concerned I have fulfilled my part of the agreement.

and if I cannot sell any franchises, then I just get staff to clean all these new customers I am generating with the 30000 leaflets I have going though the letter boxes every month.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 09:38:20 pm »
What bit of "I wasn't referring to YOUR pole" don't you understand.My information is 100% correct,a CLX 27 sold or is selling for over £200,at no point did I say it was your pole,as I said,I was highlighting the fact there are some naive people bidding on items that they don't know the value of,and it is one of these naive people that you might be able to snare with your franchise offer,no wonder people call it fleabay. Oh and your not Ian Lancaster......dream on

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 10:10:34 pm »
Sorry about the pole mix up, I thought you were refering to the 2 i have sold recently, and you are correct if someone is selling a used cl27 for £200, then buyer beware.

as for Ian, I do not pretend to be anything like him, we have both talked about franchising for the last couple of years and before he started selling his franchising packages to other cleaners, some of his Questions and answers came about from the exchange of emails and calls we had.

I will be one of the window cleaners who will be buying his product, mind though needs to be tweaked a bit because I am slightly different.

Before I placed the adverts for a franchisee I had to answer some questions, such as

Do I have enough business to offer what I say I will be?  yes I do

Can I generate £500 extra in new business every month, this just equates to 20 to 30 new customers, I can knock doors and get this on my own.

How has my present company grown over the last 5 years? I saw my accountant and the business developement manager of Nat West bank who I do not bank with, who went though my past figures and predictions for the future.  If these figures and information was not realistic or will hold up then they would have said.  Instead they were impressed with my business model.

will I get a franchisee? well yes I will, a member of my staff wants one, and I have said that after a years service I will give him one, for a higher percentage for the first 5 years.

Will I get a franchisee who wants to part with £10k? we will see but I think that i will get one and like Ian has said the 1st one is the hardest, remember I do not just want anyone with £10k I am looking for commitment and drive in them as well as money.

and if I cannot get a franchisee, well its not the end of the world, I can just grow naturally with taking on more staff, I have already increased my prices for new customers by 20% to offset the time I have to go vat registered, which is rushing up at a fast pace.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 11:05:29 pm »
That's fair enough then Hydro,I have my doubts about it but good luck anyway.

davids3511

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 04:21:04 pm »
The difference between you and Ian is that Ian has 8 franchisees so can charge a premium while you have none. Whom ever is spening their hard earned with Ian knows he has a track record of delivering, you do not have that so why do you imagine someone will bet (because that is what they are doing) 10k on you being able to deliver?

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 05:18:36 pm »
thats is a good question and before Ian sold his 1st franchise, he was no different to where I am at, thats why I have to different prices to buy the franchise, one is £10k and the other is £5k.

and you are right I do not have a proven track record in franchising, but  do have a proven record in starting up a window cleaning business from scratch.

x-treme clean

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 09:01:20 pm »
hi ya mate, just a quick question, how do you get your leaflets delivered? do you walk around doing it yourself or by other means??   thanks mike x-treme clean, poole dorset.
we,re the team for the perfect clean.........x-treme clean!!

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 09:42:30 pm »
Hi Mike

at the moment I have 3 people who drop the leaflets every week, each has there own area and all use a gps tracker which they send me a copy of the data it records where they have walked.

next week though I am interviewing for some door to door canvasers, they will follow up from where the leaflets have been dropped and see if the can generate some more leads, I will take them out and wait in the car for them to bring back the lead, which I will go and secure a sale.

As more work and money comes in, I will expand this sales team to 3 door canvassers and 1 closer.

This method worked when I use to sell double glazing and I predict that each team should generate between 20 and 30 jobs a week

g.brookes

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 09:16:06 am »
i think you should start this thread again, its been ruined by hecklers

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 11:42:00 am »
i think you should start this thread again, its been ruined by hecklers

considering I normally get more hecklers with my posts, this is quite mild, but at least they are asking questions, this is good for me, even though I have been planning this move into franchising and have spent many hours talking and emailing Ian, there is always the possiblility I have forgot or missed something, so hopefully a question might come that I have not thought about.

also if any franchisee is reading this topic, hopefully all their questions and concerns will be answered.

Although franchising is not everyones cup of tea, starting up on your own with no knowledge on how to start a window cleaning business can also be off putting.

But in both cases there comes a time when you have to take that chance and go with it.

davids3511

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 12:37:03 pm »
thats is a good question and before Ian sold his 1st franchise, he was no different to where I am at, thats why I have to different prices to buy the franchise, one is £10k and the other is £5k.

and you are right I do not have a proven track record in franchising, but  do have a proven record in starting up a window cleaning business from scratch.

Yeah, but Ian charged about 3k for his first, not 10.

davids3511

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 12:39:13 pm »
Hi Mike

at the moment I have 3 people who drop the leaflets every week, each has there own area and all use a gps tracker which they send me a copy of the data it records where they have walked.

next week though I am interviewing for some door to door canvasers, they will follow up from where the leaflets have been dropped and see if the can generate some more leads, I will take them out and wait in the car for them to bring back the lead, which I will go and secure a sale.

As more work and money comes in, I will expand this sales team to 3 door canvassers and 1 closer.

This method worked when I use to sell double glazing and I predict that each team should generate between 20 and 30 jobs a week
How did you advertise for these.I can get loads of people willing to leaflet but nobody seems to want to door knock.

I have just started franchising last feb by the way. He is now full earning circa 800 a week and I am looking for no 2.

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 01:04:33 pm »

Yeah, but Ian charged about 3k for his first, not 10.

Ians first franchise was £4500 and my cheapest package is £5000 so I am £500 more expensive, I don't think that is too much of a hurdle to over come.

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 01:17:17 pm »
Hi Mike

How did you advertise for these.I can get loads of people willing to leaflet but nobody seems to want to door knock.

I have just started franchising last feb by the way. He is now full earning circa 800 a week and I am looking for no 2.

I have had some door canvassers that I got from gumtree, but I made the mistake of letting them go out on their own to generate the leads, when I went with them the work came in, when they worked on their own the leads stopped coming in, also the other factor was the money they were getting, there was no basic but just commission of £10 per lead that converted into work.

This time I am offering a basic wage of £150 per week plus commission of £10 per sale after they get 10 leads or more, I will not be letting them work on there own, instead I will always be there, if after an hour or two they haven't got a lead, I will go door knocking with them to show or help them how to do it.

I am using a agency that works with the local job centre, for everyone I take on, I get a goverment grant of £2275, this is payable in 2 lots, the first instalement of £700 is paid in week 7 and £1575 is paid in week 26.

if they leave between week 14 and 25 I get half the grant, if the leave before week 13 I get nothing unless I have claimed the 8 week payment of £700.