Ortsa

Re: Actually getting off the glass
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2021, 07:14:00 pm »
Do you know how much hassle is involved in sticking 3 vans out on the road paying wages etc lol,yeah Jesus.

Have you ever done it? The hassle is all behind me, I'm 26 and earn £50,000 after tax and could work 2 hours a day on admin if I wanted to.

james peters

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2021, 07:24:52 pm »
Do you know how much hassle is involved in sticking 3 vans out on the road paying wages etc lol,yeah Jesus.

I feel exactly the same as you Nigel. far too much stress for me
but once again you have hijacked a thread forcing  Your opinion.
you need to start understanding that for some people it  gives them a buzz to  employ , and they actually enjoy working through issues .

some fail and go back to being a one van outfit
some succeed where I dont have the balls to try.
to these I take my hat off.

the OP wasnt asking for your opinion on employing , he was asking for advice from those who do.
every  wealthy success story will have failed, dusted down, and gone back to the drawing board.
thats what makes the world and people interesting . its the diversity of people doing things differently.

try to listen more , and less belittling of others ideas.
its ruining the forum
I imagine that there are many lurking n the forum desperate for advice , but are scared to ask because of the continuing put downs and negativity from your hijacking.... just saying !

KS Cleaning

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2021, 07:31:27 pm »
130 odd quid from each van doesn’t get me excited I’m afraid about getting involved in anything
Like that,get decent work earn more on you’re own in 1 van than you’ll get from 3 and work when you like or get 1 person helping you half the graft and still earn more after you’ve paid him,just sayin.

so , you are vat registered as a sole trader?
Are you getting sole trader and 1 man band mixed up? You can be a sole trader and have employees you know.

james peters

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2021, 07:52:17 pm »
130 odd quid from each van doesn’t get me excited I’m afraid about getting involved in anything
Like that,get decent work earn more on you’re own in 1 van than you’ll get from 3 and work when you like or get 1 person helping you half the graft and still earn more after you’ve paid him,just sayin.

so , you are vat registered as a sole trader?
Are you getting sole trader and 1 man band mixed up? You can be a sole trader and have employees you know.

the question was for nigel, who doesnt like employing but easily takes more than £400 a day

Bungle

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2021, 07:56:25 pm »
Title should have been 'Actually getting off the tools'   :-X
We look at them, they look through them.

Mike Burd

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2021, 07:57:18 pm »

Have you ever done it? The hassle is all behind me, I'm 26 and earn £50,000 after tax and could work 2 hours a day on admin if I wanted to.
If you are going to grow to multi van, I hate to tell you but the hassle is all in front of you.  ;D

Unless you’ve done it, you’ve no idea of the strife ahead. I’ve seen regularly people belittling the difficulties of running a multi van operation, but it’s stressful and at times the stress can be overwhelming. And once you come “off the tools” you’ll probably need 4 full vans before you earn what a really good one man band can earn.

deeege

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2021, 08:01:10 pm »
Nigel can’t even decide if he has 1,2 or 3 vans, if he employs or not or if he’s VAT registered or not, take what he says with a huge pinch of salt. He’s a clueless troll.

Oh, and please stop quoting his posts, I still have him on ignore and would rather not see his posts, thanks  ;D
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Frankybadboy

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2021, 08:11:14 pm »
Nigel can’t even decide if he has 1,2 or 3 vans, if he employs or not or if he’s VAT registered or not, take what he says with a huge pinch of salt. He’s a clueless troll.

Oh, and please stop quoting his posts, I still have him on ignore and would rather not see his posts, thanks  ;D
spot on there

the knxb jockey should have been banned for longer

CleanClear

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2021, 08:38:10 pm »
I'm 26 and earn £50,000 after tax and could work 2 hours a day on admin if I wanted to.

Just remind me what your question was mate ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Ortsa

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2021, 08:51:06 pm »
I'm 26 and earn £50,000 after tax and could work 2 hours a day on admin if I wanted to.

It should have probably been 'how to actually get off the glass AND grow'

CleanClear

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2021, 08:55:53 pm »

It should have probably been 'how to actually get off the glass AND grow'

You know, Lee Pryor has answered this question before and it seems in keeping with other peoples experiences. No one can sell your own business like yourself. When you get to the point you don't want to do it anymore, then your conundrum is where do you get the money to drive it foreward leaflets /canvassers for example ? I think the answer is you'll have to do it untill you can afford to pay someone to do it for you ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

NWH

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2021, 02:53:03 pm »

If you are going to grow to multi van, I hate to tell you but the hassle is all in front of you.  ;D

Unless you’ve done it, you’ve no idea of the strife ahead. I’ve seen regularly people belittling the difficulties of running a multi van operation, but it’s stressful and at times the stress can be overwhelming. And once you come “off the tools” you’ll probably need 4 full vans before you earn what a really good one man band can earn.

Good post 8weekly spot on m8 really said it all if you are small and earn really good money and have nice work it’s more of a dilemma,you could have 3 vans on the road loads of hassle and be earning less than you were on you’re own.
If you work alone and only manage 150-200s worth of work a day of course the prospect looks better with a couple more vans,depends what part of the country your in as to what you’ll earn on you’re own or with multiple vans.
It’s all been said before if you’ve got 20 vans what are you getting out of it not only money but quality of life and time to do what you want when you want,how many vans or staff you have means nothing apart from when your puffing your chest out down the pub it’s what you get out of it at the end of the month compared to staying small and still earning very similar money without the staff and overhead grief.

NWH

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2021, 02:55:41 pm »
And just to add 8Weekly it would probably be more than 4 vans m8 tbh.

NWH

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2021, 03:09:14 pm »
The more you turn over the more the banks will love you and Chuck money at you,it’s like Monopoly money though its not yours although it looks like it on the bank statement if you paid 100,000s worth of loans back  you may be left with 10-15000 that’s yours,that would be a common  example of most small businesses when you delve a bit deeper big turnover small profit after all those staff and overhead costs,someone said to me once you need to go huge or stay small if you are in the middle you are  the meat in the sandwich that gets eaten up with overheads.

Don Kee

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2021, 04:14:23 pm »
You are funny NWH  ;D

james peters

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2021, 05:26:24 pm »
The more you turn over the more the banks will love you and Chuck money at you,it’s like Monopoly money though its not yours although it looks like it on the bank statement if you paid 100,000s worth of loans back  you may be left with 10-15000 that’s yours,that would be a common  example of most small businesses when you delve a bit deeper big turnover small profit after all those staff and overhead costs,someone said to me once you need to go huge or stay small if you are in the middle you are  the meat in the sandwich that gets eaten up with overheads.

really ?
my brother had 22 staff I think, so a SMALL company , and sold his business for several million, in 2017! he started in 2010 he had no debts , it was all his money although he would have paid his solicitors a hefty price
whilst I agree with some of what you say, i disagree with a lot also.
my poor brother .   ;D ;D

Smudger

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2021, 11:29:41 pm »
but was it a window cleaning business ?

Only the mighty (Kn@b) Nigel can run a successful window cleaning company  :o

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2021, 12:36:33 am »
NWH is a legend

Talks complete b******s but entertaining 😆

Smudger

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2021, 08:29:43 am »
Yes I now look forward to his posts - he makes me lol so much what a 🤡
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2021, 03:30:16 pm »
You have 3 vans out that do 300 each and you take 50% say after fuel and wages but not vehicle repairs and the need to pay for resin-poles and all else that goes with it,here’s the thing you can easily go out and do 4-450 on your own you don’t have multiple van insurance holiday pay etc X 3 as well as the above,
How does this work do you make money from it or am I missing something on top of what you’d make on you’re own,is their money in it or does it just give someone the opportunity to say yeah but mine is a business because I have a few vans and employees,just a thought.