Carl@Cwc

checking my prices on jetwashing
« on: April 23, 2021, 08:14:45 pm »
hi people
back after a big gap.
been asked to quote on a 100sqm tarmac job
its fairly new , however the builders doing new patio have left it dirtyish on the fall side of the drive.

i have a thor 42lpm and a 18" whirlaway and vario  and turbo nozzle.
i was going to use the vario nozzle from a distance at around 15lpm.
what would your pricepoint be please.i have not yet said but im thinking around £250 as i will have to pop back as they all look cleanish when they are wet.
its 10 mins away and fairly decent access.

i also have a patio/path and drive at around 75sq mt
wants it cleaned and resanded, also has black spots so will need to be hypo treated aswell.
i thought this at £235 inc £5 hypo and £10/£15 kiln dried , plus i have to revisit to resand.
your help would be greatly appreciated

Yada Yada Yada - www.m-clean.uk

Re: checking my prices on jetwashing
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 08:54:23 pm »
Carl

I cannot believe with one of the best pressure washers there is that you need to treat black spot.

It's 41 LPM on the Thor - I've had one and it is a beauty.

The only machine I would swap mine for now - only thing lets it down is the fuel tank - mine holds enough for 7 days.

Any problems that I can't shift on minimum 'chat' I just switch it up and it has never let me down - yours should be the same.

Can't help you with pricing because 100 SQM I'd be completing in an hour & I don't do domestic.

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 09:16:22 pm »
Carl

I cannot believe with one of the best pressure washers there is that you need to treat black spot.

It's 41 LPM on the Thor - I've had one and it is a beauty.

im back on the tools after 3 years offand forgot all the stuff i learned to be honest  including its ability ???

The only machine I would swap mine for now - only thing lets it down is the fuel tank - mine holds enough for 7 days.

Any problems that I can't shift on minimum 'chat' I just switch it up and it has never let me down - yours should be the same.

Just being cautious mate as i know its a beast of a machine and dont want to trash a tarmac drive,
it earned me some serious money before i took a break.
i took the dual opertor splitter off and use it solely ,
i bought it 5 years ago for 2k and run perfect for 2 years, i then moved away and it sat for 2.5years on a mezzanine floor ,
started first time after 2 .5 years but needed the suction valves changing . all done at rutland pumps for £160.00

Can't help you with pricing because 100 SQM I'd be completing in an hour & I don't do domestic.

just been out the game for a bit and need my head checking for prices m8.
Thank you for replying its appreciated

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 09:24:26 pm »
Where did you get it from pal?

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 09:33:35 pm »
Where did you get it from pal?

was off plumtree window cleaning m8. bought it ages ago and is a beast, a fantastic piece of kit, however my brain isnt lol

Thought i had semi retired , but a cheating bitch changed that forever , so back on the tools i am.
hey ho life goes on

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 11:03:29 pm »
Carl - I'd go over the tarmac with the whirl away  - I would say it's around a 2 hr job from arrival to leave

For you drive I would be a little less but I would be charging £80 to 100 for the re-sand so in the region of £300 - £320

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 08:16:22 pm »
Carl - I'd go over the tarmac with the whirl away  - I would say it's around a 2 hr job from arrival to leave

For you drive I would be a little less but I would be charging £80 to 100 for the re-sand so in the region of £300 - £320

Darran
you think the whirlaway will be ok and not ruin the tarmac

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 12:27:28 am »
That's my weapon of choice - it has 2 x 15 degree nozzles - having said that I don't have  a beast like you so turn the pressure down a bit

Never had a problem with mine at 200 bar and used it on a wide range of asphalt

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 07:14:01 pm »
Cat amongst the pigeons here.

I'd go with a flat nozzle on Tarmac

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 08:17:55 pm »
What's the difference between a fan and a flat?

Darran

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 08:42:36 pm »
Yorkshire my friend.

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 08:45:49 pm »
Couldn't think what it was called - didn't get in till after two this morning from Prestwick.

tom20001

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 09:35:36 pm »
I thought my new washer at 21 lpm was an animal but 41lpm is ridiculously good . Surely you would need a 1000litre tank going around with you though as at times even with 21lpm i struggle with water supply

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 11:56:22 pm »
41 LPM I would say needs to be plummet into main water using a standpipe - otherwise yes I reckon you would get 22 minutes out of it

I use a 1000 ltr tank with 2 21 LPM machines and when the flow is poor thats all we get  :-[
Does depend on the supply and type of work

Darran

tom20001

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2021, 06:29:32 am »
Do you need special permission from council to use a standpipe for purposes of powerwashing Darran? Thanks

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 07:37:29 am »
You need CALM network training, which is a free online course to certificate yourself that hydrants are used correctly.

Taken once per year it shows that you know what you are doing with them, opening them, closing, sanitising, not allowing surges on the system, common sense.

You then need to go to each supplier and hire hydrant risers, per week basis plus any water usage in m3.

Someone like Aquam Corps are a one stop shop for several networks and keep info on system - you still need to do the paperwork on every hire.

You are also only meant to use wash outs (WO's) on the plate and not fire hydrants (FH's).

Carl@Cwc

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 09:16:47 pm »
41 LPM I would say needs to be plummet into main water using a standpipe - otherwise yes I reckon you would get 22 minutes out of it

I use a 1000 ltr tank with 2 21 LPM machines and when the flow is poor thats all we get  :-[
Does depend on the supply and type of work

i run it at about half power m8.
at 41lpm i reckon the whirlaway would hover like a ufo

Darran

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 11:18:17 am »
That sounds great - no effort in pushing it about  ;D ;D

Darran