No vat.
i week oid.
Tel 01482 504977
ashley.
cash sale only.

Mobile Clean

Re: new scorpion 3 super charged for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 08:21:04 pm »
Hi Ashley, are you throwing in any extras, like hoses, wands, etc.
Also, does it have an inline water heater?
Cheers, Daz

ASHLEY39

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 08:34:53 pm »
No it is the machine only.
it would cost a lot more to buy.
it is a great price.
£2300 no vat.
chec the pirce.
ashley 01482 504977.

Chris R

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 09:09:37 pm »
Why you selling?
What dont you like about this machine?
Thanks
Chris
Staffordshire

ASHLEY39

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 09:16:38 pm »
I am not selling now.
i am keeping it.
i think it was the way i was clening carpets.
so it is not for sale now.
Ashley  sorry.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 09:26:03 pm »
Is it John Hunter's?

JB

You know I'm not one to mince words so, you were a bit too trigger happy to delete that thread seeing that you have a vested interested in that machine and the company that sells it!

Shaun

gwrightson

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 04:32:10 am »
Ashley, So what machine did your prefer,? the Scorpion or the Raptor,
 geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

garyj

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 11:20:00 pm »
At an educated guess I would say the Raptor.

cleaning co

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 03:34:30 am »
 ???

ASHLEY39

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 03:43:58 pm »
yes i do like the raptor. But the scorpion in light to life into the van.
i think it is a new machine, so like any thing else, i will get use to it.
i am not selling now. i will lose to much money.
i will let you know how i get on with it.
Ashley
john hunter.

garyj

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 12:11:42 am »
Nick says you were selling for the same price you bought it for £2350 inc VAT  ??? ???

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2005, 09:27:42 am »
Gary

What is it you would like to know, why not ask me direct instead of trying to stir rubbish,

The machine was sold subject to a trade in and was the machine only, hence the price.

Its a shame you cannot participate in any forum without trying to stir conflict.

Nick

garyj

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2005, 03:01:41 pm »
My first reply to this is obviously a joke, the question was what do you prefer the Raptor or the Scorpion.  Rephrased the question really reads what do you prefer the Raptor or the Scorpion that you're trying to sell, the answers a no brainer.

Why would I phone you direct? So far you have not participated on this thread, and secondly I actually couldn't give a damn if he sells it or not. That is NOT what the threads have been about.

Thanks for the insult, again I really don't care what you think. As I pointed out yesterday when the insults started before it was always from the same sources BEFORE any retaliation, and so the cycle continues.

The thread on the other side has been locked now, I would have thought that would have been the end of the matter.

Surely any sane person could see why I asked the question, last I was told it was for sale for the same price it was sold for, the next thing I read was it's not for sale because he'll lose to much money. At the end of one of my posts I added perhaps people were upset at losing out on a bargain machine, trying to diffuse the situation, it was a reply to that, thats has raised this viable question.

As you probably know I'm in the market for a new machine right now, and really do like the look and spec of the Eclipse, but I won't even consider one now.

cleaning co

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2005, 04:57:37 pm »
mmmm nick bit off wasnt it ? u had bad day  ; ;)

Jon Barton

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2005, 09:44:50 pm »
I have been using the scorpion for 2 weeks now in various different situations commercial and domestic (large and small places) and found the machine very manuvarable,easy to lift in/out of van ,up stairs not very often though as able to clean very sucessfully with 75 ft plus of hose,having a larger pump is making the cleaning process a whole lot better.
I was very negative towards this machine when I saw it down at the open day for many reasons but coming away to think about then having a demo at my house I had changed my mind and blown away by the drying times cleaned my lounge carpet 80/20 using 50ft hose (upside down house) carpet dried in less than an hour even nick was surprised.
It took me a couple of days to get my head around using a new /different machine I would of sent it back then but not now, alot of us dont like change but I think it does you good sometimes.I love using this machine now I would advise anybody about upgrdading to have a look at one, a nice piece of kit it may not be to everyones liking but you can't please everyone in life there I've had my say. I know its in the wrong section but I'm just following on from Ashley's situation, other sections have been locked for me to make a comment reguarding this machine.                         

ASHLEY39

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2005, 09:58:23 pm »
Just to let you know garyj, i paid more then what you said, and my raptor.
j hunter. I am now geting on with the scorpion ok. 

Mike Halliday

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2005, 10:00:21 pm »
What I don't understands is this idea that people need to get use to using the machine or don't know how to use it.

Its a HWE machine not a NASA Space shuttle, it squirts water then sucks it back up again ::)

the excuse that John concidered selling it because he did'nt know how to use it correctly is I think insulting to John, he's been a very busy carpet cleaner for many years ( a member of the NCCA for 6-7 yrs)

MIke
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

garyj

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2005, 10:25:11 pm »
Jon, congratulations on your first post, an advertising copywriter couldn't have done better.

Ashley, not what I said, what Nick said ( on  another forum)    "The machine was actually priced at £2350 inc vat, and was for the machine, only which is exactly what it was sold for".  Either Nick doesn't know how much he sold it for or we've been mis-led. You've actually had it for sale for £2300,  after reading Nick's post I thought you've no chance of getting that price if its only 50 quid under retail, but didn't comment because I don't care. But now I am because what I have said is being brought into question. get YOUR facts right before you have a go.

I'm NOT stirring,  just pointing out inaccuracies and vailed advertising.

Nick, some of your people have been the worst offenders at having a pop at other companies ( Ashby's especially). If you can dish out the dirt but can't take it, stay out the game. For some reason, the words Spin Doctors keeps springing to mind.

If I was looking for a confrontation I would have retaliated to your post stronger, but I really thought that would be the end of it and replied in what I think a polite way.
For your sake Nick stop posting advertising ALL the time, even the Terry Towel thread has been used to gain a few extra pennies. In my honest opinion you have used these boards to advertise at every opportunity, the site owners and sponsers wouldn't even get away with what you have. To call my postings in to question beggers belief.

Chris R

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2005, 11:24:35 pm »
Ashley,
to clarify things, What did you not like about the Scorpion?

I can understand that getting used to using 350psi, rather than 100psi could be one problem. Its easy to over wet or even shrink a carpet if you use too high psi ( with a portable).

Also 3 power cables might be annoying at first, we all get set into our ways, especially if you have been cleaning carpets for 6 years or more.

On the face of it 3 vacs and a powerful pump should be the business. The recoil in America is a very popular machine.

So, if you don’t mind Ashley, give us all an insite into your initial problems with the machine.

cheers
Chris

ps
I remember that even John Bolton was a bit disappointed with the recoil when he first had it, but after a few days he got used to it.
Staffordshire

dave401uk

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 11:26:32 pm »
gary j, i thought Nick just answered a question about "where to get terry towels"

Now i cant see the harm there, what would you say if some one asked you "where do i get my carpets cleaned"

This like a lot of other subjects, smacks of jealousy

And the phrase grow up comes to mind
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

garyj

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2005, 11:39:36 pm »
The jealously card has already been played by Nick regarding these posts, doesn't work, I've always wished him all the best as I would anyone in business and I do not want to get involved in the products or anything similar to what he is selling.

I have pointed to the Terry Towel post because I have been accused of not writing a post without stirring, thats his opinion, I don't think he can write a post without advertising, thats my opinion. I don't think I have stirred, in fact before Nick's post I hoped the whole thing had died down. I have only pointed out inaccuracies in what is now an epic story I wished I hadn't got involved with.

If there is anything I have written that you don't agree with or is inaccurate then let me know and I'll be happy to put it right.

Now THATS grown up.

darrenlee

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2005, 02:25:44 am »
garyj
u are more than correct in what u are saying,
nick never really contributes to the forms, info advise,
unless its a product he supplys.
do you see ashbys , prochem or owner of this site,
answering no, they leave it to us mortal cleaners, in which it is all about, our opinions, not suppliers ect

you are well in order and have not spoken out of turn.

i myself did a topic early in year is allergystop safe and was pulled down.
you ask questions of solutions products on these boards and your pulled down,
darren

darrenlee

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2005, 02:37:26 am »
first started reading these forums, 10 months ago, at first inpressed but going down hill cause if you look its micro this ,allergystop, solutions.
my family retail floorcoverings so i can tell size of units.
solutions open day think steve gunn took photos, u see that unit
i thought first reading about solutions uk they were this big company ect. got that wrong.
okay little acorns can......
but a cant see this one, no thats not very nice, as i wish all on here well. and good luck nick and co
stop using the boards and see how good your sales really are
darren

p.s if you search allergystop come down in price or something like that, whys that, take up not as good as you thought ?

darrenlee

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2005, 03:00:11 am »
heres my allergystop post which was a fair question
untill it had to become heated debate

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7673.0

ask yourself this, where was allergystop marketed, yellow pages these boards, mail shots to board members ?.
t.v local papers,
nick me thinks you should pay some divs to this board.

freedom of speach, thats what forums are, or are they not.

woodman

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2005, 08:35:44 am »
This thread has now been locked.

If you wish to carry out a debate on the where's and why for's of Scorpions, Ashby's , solutions etc please do so on the correct board.