Poll

How soon do you re-leaflet after the previous drop?

4 weeks
6 weeks
2 months
3 months
4 months
6 months

tonys145

Looking to get "Serious" After NCCA Course New
« on: November 20, 2005, 07:01:59 pm »
Hi All,

After learning so much from all the contributors on this board, I just wanted to say thankyou to all who contribute. Also a was very chuffed to get a call from John Flynn this afternoon. Someone who gave me sound advice, which was great, and free as well !!  ;D. Guess you'll be starting your consultancy business when you pack it all in John ! Thanks for the call.

Thought I would let you know a little about me to see if anyone could assist in any way with my future plans.

Background: 10 years as a crane operator for Shell in the North sea. 6 years in sales selling the Filter Queen vacuum cleaners. 2 years in spain "having fun:

January 04 Started CC for a company. Hadnt done anything like this before so thought what I was doing was correct. Cleaning carpets & upholstery with Powerburst Prespray, then cleaning carpet with water & washing powder!! (C'mon guys...........I didn't know!!)

August this year, started on my own. Was given great help and advice by a local supplier in Sheffield. Bought a Steempro Powermax 2000, and at the same time found out a little more about presprays, woolsafe chemicals and proper cleaning chemicals - what an eye-opener.

Have been busy since then doing on average 4/5 jobs per day. I have been trying to improve my knowledge by looking on this board and trying to get it crammed into me little brain. Am going on the NCCA training course 25/26 Nov. Anyone else on the course from this board?

My prices have been fixed and printed on my leaflet, but in comparison to a  lot of you guys, I am very cheap..er inexpensive!! I like to think that i'm doing a good job for the customer (recommendations are coming slowly), but I know that due to the limited knowledge I have, I feel comfortable with the low prices that I charge. I'm averaging what I consider I good weekly return for the amount of time I've been Trading.

After the course - which will give me "greater power"  ;), I want to review how I work and the prices I charge (less jobs - more money). Having the course under my belt will help justify my price increase in my own mind.

There's a few questions which I'd like to put to the board and hopefully I can use your replies to assist my new plan. I will set up a couple of polls as well. Here goes:

1  How soon do you re-leaflet an area after the previous drop?
2  With my set up (Portable) how much should I charge per square foot and per seat?
3  Do you quote over the phone or visit the client?
4  Does a full colour leaflet bring in extra work over a 1-colour-on-white A5 jobby?

I'm really enjoying my "new career", but I would like to do a better job for the customer. If I can look after as many customers as I can, I wont have to worry about the £'s.

Thanks in advance to all who may want to help or contribute.

All the best to you all.

Tony
NCCA