Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

solvent for curtain cleaning????
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 25 October 2003
HI gents Smiley

Which solvent do you gentleman use if you are doing curtain and sofa's.

All the best

Alex

Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 25 October 2003
I use Ashbys supreme dry clean or Prochem dri pro, whichever is cheapest and available, also use ashbys dri clean booster as an additive. Any one know where can get cheaper would be gratefull.
Never come across a suite that had to be dri cleaned always wet cleaned with no probs.
Have dri cleaned a hemp stair carpet (looked like yellow string), but not too successfull, and charged a lot for the priveledge, but warned the customer before, so not unhappy.
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 25 October 2003
Alltec or Extracta have quite good products. Would only use on curtains or upholstery. Defenitely not the product for seagrass carpeting or such like. Dry compound is the only suitable product here and even then results will not be great.
Fintan
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 25 October 2003
thanks dave

i reckon its got to be a typo but i have my local cleaning supplies catalogue and they have dri pro @ 19.95 for 5 litres that can't be right can it?. Undecided

thanks for your help the ninja is looking likely, going to go over the extracta and alltech offers again then start getting my cost plan finally written up.
Grin Grin Grin

Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 25 October 2003
sounds about right, but buy by the case of 4 and get extra discount. My supplier gives 15% normal, 20% for case quantities, I pay about £ 71/ case inc vat.
Also dont forget that you can filter and reuse, you lose about a third. I use about 10 litres per full length curtains, reclaim about 6 or 7 litres.
Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 26 October 2003
check out craftex for dry cleaning solvent.

Lee G

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 26 October 2003
Craftexs dry cleaning solvent is £14 for 5lt I use a lot of craftex chemicals and always find them top notch.

mike
Posted by carpetmas5 (carpetmas5), 30 October 2003
sorry I do not like the smell of Craftex dry cleaner Cry
Posted by md_cleaning (md_cleaning), 2 November 2003
Dri Pro from Prochem is good stuff.
  Dave
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 3 November 2003
Hi

Speaking to Steve Saunders of Alltec the other day he tells me that they have a new dry cleaning solution which contains, amongst other things, optical brighteners... apparently the only one on the market.

Maybe worth a look

Regards
Derek

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.