Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Lucazade!!!
Posted by nick_warrenevans (nick_warrenevans), 8 November 2003
Has anyone come across this problem.

Having flicked through my Prochem Spotting Chart all i could find close to matching it was "soft drinks artificially coloured"

The recommendations were Red Ex or Stain Pro, unfortunately neither worked.

Thanks
Nick

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 8 November 2003
Nick,

After RedRx failure probably nothing will work (stain heat-set)

Chemspec have a product, in their 'Rx' range, for fruit and dye stains which some times works on lucazade. It can be used spray/blot/extract first and if that fails you can use the same product via the thermal transfer method.

However I have encountered some lucazade stains which have proved totaly indelible - seems to have an affinity with some dyes.

John.
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 8 November 2003
Sodium Metabisulfite - carefully !
Posted by DP (DP), 8 November 2003
Have always got it out successfully from car seats etc and house carpets using a 50/50 solution of Multi Pro sprayed on, agertate and  rinse with just clean water through the machine although thats been first time round and never after any other treatment.

Wife and kids drank gallons of the stuff with the inevertable spillages

DP
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 8 November 2003
Glynn,

Glad you said "carefully" - Sodium Metabisulfite is nothing to be sniffed at !  Grin Grin

(Often gives me a sneezing fit)

Seriously, I frequently us this general purpose reagent, often in association with citric acid but hesitate in recommending it to others because of the risk factors.

John.
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 8 November 2003
I agree, you need to know what your doing with it, and yes the smell / fumes are horrible.

Regards

Glynn

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.