Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

STEAM CLEAN WINDOWS!!!
Posted by andy (andy), 30 October 2003
Hi people!

I saw a advert on the shopping channel this morning advertising a multi steam cleaner which you can change the temp.

it showed it can clean bbq, carpets, and the main thing windows.   It looked so easy on the advert and quicker to clean the windows.

especially the windows with small squares. (6 squares in the window).

All you have to do is charge the little machine up at night and keep water in your van for the day.
And its so light carry and you dont have to buy new equipment and wash equipment when getting back home.

OHHHH one more thing! its brilliant for cleaning all surfaces, ie:- brick wood or plastic ledges. it also cleans the putty seals around the windows.

This product is selling for £75,

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK PEOPLE! IS IT WORTH USING?

ANDY!
Posted by andy (andy), 30 October 2003
Thanks for all your replys, im over the moon!
Huh

ANDY!    Undecided
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 30 October 2003
Hi andy
I'll talk to you.
My other half brought a steam thing on a shopping channel and it had a window cleaning attachment on it and yes I tried it and did not like it I only done the insides of mine and thought NO
But dont take my word get other opinions 1st.
Cheers mate
Alan
Posted by sham33 (sham33), 31 October 2003
Anything other than a sqeegy and tbar/sleeve and some soapy water is a gimmick. Save your money.  Roll Eyes
Posted by samm (samm), 3 November 2003
anything on or from the shopping channel is dodgy (plus twice the price)

thats my 2pence worth Smiley
Posted by pdhanson (Silly Philly), 19 December 2003
In principle, steam would clean the same way as DI water, but it'd be much more of a carry on to do I bet.

Hot steam, carrying machine around etc, I'd end up just going back to the old way!

Silly
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 19 December 2003
I asked Express cleaning supplies about this gimmick a year a go. From what I remember, I was advised that the machines were "not so clever" and had battery pack problems, whatever that means! I've also heard that the windows afterwards were not up to standard of a squeegee cleaned window. I'd be interested if anyone has tried using them with distilled water, and if the steam stripped the caulking/silicon.
Posted by Neil (wylie), 19 December 2003
A few years ago I tried using a wallpaper steamer (same principle) with a brush attachment to clean the roof on my conservatory. it had loads of green slime on it so I thought it would clean and kill at the same time,
It was c**p I ended up using loads of soapy water and a squeegee

Posted by jonesy5 (jonesy5), 19 December 2003
soapy water used to be gimmick sham  Smiley

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.