Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

licence the trade
Posted by paul (paul), 11 January 2004
does any one else on this forum think it would be a good idea to license are trade?
i think it is already in scotland?does it make any difference?does the local goverment enforce it.
is there a list of all licenced window cleaners in your area

Posted by mark1 (mark1), 11 January 2004
paul
it is in scotland you are veted by the police and the council,any theft or violence charges against you they refuse your application.ive had mine for 6yrs and have never been asked to show it,you also have to be insured

does it make a difference though do you get less cowboys in your area
Posted by mark1 (mark1), 11 January 2004
makes no difference atol that ive noticed,it keeps you right.if they catch you without one they can stop you woring,but i think they give u a couple of chances
so really its just another way of the council making money out of you for nothing Huh
Posted by peterf (peterf), 11 January 2004
on 01/11/04 at 17:04:08, paul wrote:
so really its just another way of the council making money out of you for nothing Huh

Yes, and only the honest people who bother to keep everything legal and above board pay for it.  It is not policed at all, after more than 20 years in the business I have not been asked once to show my licence.

Peter

Posted by T_W_CONTRACTS (T_W_CONTRACTS), 22 January 2004
how do i go about getting a license . does anyone know Wink
Posted by mark1 (mark1), 22 January 2004
if u live in scotland,get in touch local council
its the same dept the taxi drivers go to
Posted by p_and_j_cleaning (p_and_j_cleaning), 22 January 2004
what happens if you are an established WC with a criminal record Huh
if licencing is done in england how will it affect us, we have all done things in our youth we are not proud of Embarassed

Posted by mark1 (mark1), 22 January 2004
if its theft your donald ducked mate Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

[/quote]

Posted by peterf (peterf), 22 January 2004
on 01/22/04 at 18:03:22, p_and_j_cleaning wrote:
what happens if you are an established WC with a criminal record Huh
if licencing is done in england how will it affect us, we have all done things in our youth we are not proud of Embarassed 

It would probably depend on how long ago and what the circumstances are, if it was a one off in your youth, I suppose they would take it into consideration.

Peter

Posted by p_and_j_cleaning (p_and_j_cleaning), 23 January 2004
thanks for that lads.
  will all employees have to be named when appling for licence or will they each need ther own Huh
Posted by peterf (peterf), 23 January 2004
on 01/23/04 at 09:39:03, p_and_j_cleaning wrote:
thanks for that lads.
  will all employees have to be named when appling for licence or will they each need ther own Huh

In Scotland, each need their own.

Peter

Posted by p_and_j_cleaning (p_and_j_cleaning), 23 January 2004
Is there any sort of goverment bill or council bill to bring in the licence in the near future in England or is it still a way off
Posted by paul (paul), 23 January 2004
AS FAR AS IM AWARE THERES NOTHING IN THE PIPELINE AND DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE FROM WHAT I CAN GATHER NO Huh
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 23 January 2004
Its just another way to get just that bit more money off of you. Roll Eyes

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.