Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Foam cleaner on Satellite telly
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 18 October 2003
Hi

I have just watched a infomercial thingy about about easy foam carpet cleaner , they sell it for 29.99.

The user get a sponge mop, adds a capfull to the water then agitates the liquid.

Then squeezes the sponges to just get a foam.

Looks really good, do any of you chaps know of this stuff they say its been around ten years.

Can't believe it thats good, is it something you fellas ever use in the trade.

All the best

Alex

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 18 October 2003
Alex,

This is a variation of 'dry-foam' cleaning.

With the right formulation of crystalising shampoo it is relatively harmless but I concider that, at best, it is purely cosmetic except in certain circumstances where it is part of a moer complex proceedure.

Regards,

John.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 19 October 2003
Hi

This sounds similar to a product I saw demonstrated on a market stall in Loughborough last year.

The guy who was doing the presentation was doing a superb job which looked very impressive. It was removing all the tomato ketchup, shoe polish etc. that he had previously rubbed into it  
WOW! I thought,  seeing my business going through the floor. Embarassed

It was then when he lifted the carpet and showed the audience it all became clear... he was demonstrating it all on a Belgian wilton offcut... of course 100% Polypropylene... virtually stain resistant and non absorbent... a 'trick of the trade'! Undecided

Derek  Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.