Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Not carpet cleaning, but....
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 23 October 2003
Wiggy of Wigston has just brought up a subject in another topic which really grips my piles. People who don't eat at the dining table. As carpet cleaners, we are priviliged to be invited into peoples homes. At the same time, we are able to view some of the changes happening in our society, some for the good, and some for the worse. Unused dining tables is one. The opportunity to meet and eat as a family, and the intercourse that goes with it is lost.  It is no longer surprising to me to come across a home without a dining or breakfast table Shocked  And I'm not talking about just a starter home, I've even come across it in 3 and 4 bedroomed homes. No dining suite just an "office" or study. But there's a rarely used guest's bedroom upstairs.  And so many homes will have a nice dining room, which, in a good year will be used just once! TV dinners? Nah Huh

Another gripe is the demise of the Tea Pot. Some people will put out 6 cups with 6 tea bags. Yuk! and what a waste. A nice tea pot and 2 tea bags will save a fortune, over and over again. And tastes so much better too.

But at other times, we can learn from our customers. Ideas for decor, the garden and so on. How not to do things, or treat people, animals and so on. We will also discover what we've always believed, that I AM the best carpet cleaner in the world after hearing of madam's previous experiences Cool

Yes, having the best job in the world can have it's drawbacks, but we can smile Smiley more often than we frown  Angry

Safe and Happy Cleaning
Ken

Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 23 October 2003
Ken,

Have you been drinking the one step again Grin

Nigel
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 23 October 2003
Yes Nigel.

Does anyone else find that OneStep FineLine gives them wind? Embarassed
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 24 October 2003
Yes Ken,

Leave the blower on the van, bring in the fogger instead  Smiley

John
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 24 October 2003
Hey Marigold (aka Kenneth)

I sincerely hope that you were talking of 'social' intercourse over the dining room table Roll Eyes

Offices.... why do people feel the need to have an office if they don't run a business...is it just to sound 'posh'

Like the two ladies talking in a tea shop. One said to the other...
"I have got a new little dog, I have called it Fido".

"That's rather a common name for a dog" said her friend.

"Oh dear me No" said the dog owner, "we spell it P-h-y-d-o-u-g-h"

All this drivel is just to tempt 'our Ken' to get his soapbox out again Wink Grin  He makes me laugh!

Derek

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.