General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Skid Marks
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 12 February 2004
I have been asked to clean the communal area of a block of flats , the problem is the kids ride through on there bikes and skid so the floor has black rubber marks , any ideas on how to remove them
John
Posted by Silly_Philly (Silly Philly), 12 February 2004
A good, hard clip round the ear usually does the trick
Thanks Silly Grin
Not the kids the skid marks
Posted by Les (Les), 12 February 2004
Not very helpful Silly Philly Angry
But very clever  Grin

What sort of flooring are you dealing with Majestic, Carpet tiles or ....?
Les
Hi Les
Its vinyl
John
Posted by Les (Les), 13 February 2004
Hi John,
I'm sure people will come up with alternatives, however I found a product called 'Citraclean' made from extracts of Oranges, (and I'm not taking the Piff) Grin
It's about £8 for 5 litres and has a load of uses, your problem being one of them.
I got mine from Greenham Trading ,(you should find them if you do a search, they are a National Co).
P.S. Funny thing is that it also removes 'sticky labels', so when you splash some over the container it comes in....
the Instruction for use label falls off  Grin At least proves it works  Wink
Les

Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 13 February 2004
Hi John

Sounds funny I know, but we do a 'rubber broom' which is amazing at removing rubber marks from vinyl.

Prochems Ultrapac renovate is also pretty good but the rubber broom is by far and away the quickest!

They're about £13

Regards

Mike
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 13 February 2004
Smiley
Majestic

I’ll take it that you are damp mopping the most cost effective way is with a green scour under foot, not into bending down on hand & knees unless I have too.

Care with polished floors rub too hard and you’ll go though the seal, it applies to solvents based products this will take the polish off.

Hope this helps.

Len

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.