Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Enhanced  Disclosure
Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 8 March 2004
Hi All,
        I have cleaned carpets at a private residential home in my town for the last fifteen years.Now they say I must produce a Enhanced Criminal Record Certificate which they have to comply with to protect residents from criminals.
 This certificate is obtianed from the Criminal Records Bureau,PO Box 165, Liverpool, L69 3JD.

Has anyone else been ased to produce one of these certificates,(or is it just me) Huh

Regards   rob-s

Posted by MICHAEL_GAYTON (MICHAEL_GAYTON), 8 March 2004
thats ok just add the cost on to their bill,see what they say then
mick Wink
Posted by Fintan_Coll (Fintan_Coll), 8 March 2004
If you were unknown to them I could well understand them asking you to produce such a certificate .but they know you for FIFTEEN YEARS.  Surely common sense should prevail.
Their governing body has insisted on this to protect its residents. I don't know if its central goverment or local council rule.

Regards rob-s
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 8 March 2004
Hi Rob

Can you blame them? with all with media coverage of late; they are only covering their backside.

By the way I have MFI sorry I mean MI5 clearance.

Len

Posted by BeeClean (BeeClean), 8 March 2004
never heard of it but there was somthing on the news recently about contractors having to get some sort of clearance when working at schools. maybe its the same thing Huh
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 8 March 2004
Rob, you been nicking the residents biscuits again ?
Nicked their teeth,so they don't moan at me.

rob-s Tongue Tongue Tongue
Posted by Dave_Parry (Dave Parry), 8 March 2004
rotten so and so, How they going to crimp the pasties without them ?
Posted by Les (Les), 9 March 2004
Just a thought Rob...
Do your eyebrows meet in the middle ?? Shocked
It's a dead give away  Grin
Les Wink
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 9 March 2004
IF you got nothing to hide, what are you throwing your rattle out of your pram for?
Posted by rob_s (rob_s), 9 March 2004
EUREKA,  www.disclosure.gov.uk

Regards rob-s Cool Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.