General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Starting up update!
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 9 September 2003
Hi guys

I would like to keep you all updated on my progress into the Cleaning world.

I started on the 4th of september by putting out my Biz cards. I soon realised that i need public liability to legally operate.

This is now sorted out and today i went back out and gave everybody a copy of that, plus letter of intro and my prices.

Half way round I got my first job!

I have been asked to clean a 2 bed flat, have popped round already and it is fairly clean already (they won't all be like that, sadly) so for about 3 hours work I will be in profit already.

Money spent so far about £50

I intend to do an excellent job so they will use me more often.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has given me positive comments and advice (keep it coming please) and for your e-mails.

Keep you all posted

Regards

Martin  Grin
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 9 October 2003
Hi Guys

So, here I am a month down the road.

I have done a couple of house cleans for which I have just been paid (felt good!)

i have now just signed a contract with an LA and they pay per invoice by BACS into my account. I have my Prochem carpet cleaning course on the 4/11. I also have my upgraded PL insurance which I will be delivering today around the area.

so I am on my way and the future is looking bright (hopefully)

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by petra (petra), 9 October 2003
Well done mate Grin
Posted by DP (DP), 9 October 2003
Yup well done, you should enjoy the Prochem training, I did mine ?? years ago, Its a good grounding and should really boost your confidence, are you going to do the upholstry one as well?

DP
Posted by petra (petra), 9 October 2003
We got free NVQ training from Protocol, it is basic, but it helps when advertising.
Petra
Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 10 October 2003
Thanks for the positive feed back guys.

Yes, I will be doing the upholstery also!

Looking forward to it and getting stuck in

Regards

Martin Cool

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.