Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Re-Cross American
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 30 January 2004
I Have spoken to the guy that says he has the sole distribution rights to these machines and he says that he would hope to have his 1st delivery end Feb beginning March.
Very interesting conversation , he is still not sure of the prices yet but watch this space. Shocked

Regards

Mark Undecided
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 1 February 2004
Mark, You obviously know more than most when it comes to this new machine from across the pond. What is the smallest type of van that you could happily run this machine from, with onboard tanks i have heard rumours about. I do not want to go as big as Transit due to location of a lot of my work, underground parking and London driveway parking etc Roll Eyes
Hope you can enlighten me Cool
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 1 February 2004
shoud fit in the back of a mini

I find underground parking is hard for my Sprinter
Posted by cleaning (cleaning), 1 February 2004
Chris,

You can find dimensions of these machines at: www.cross-american.com

Tony
Posted by squeaky (squeaky), 1 February 2004
Hi Chris,

Not too sure as I cannot get the dimensions of the saddle tanks.

I am hoping to have auto pumpout of the soiled water and only have a small saddle tank for the fresh water,as the machine also holds 15 gallons of fresh water and fit it all in a Kangoo with SLD.
I cannot get prices until mid/end february,but have heard such good reports will order one anyway.

Watch this space

Mark
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 1 February 2004
Nice.......i have  Vauxhall Combo at the moment but want to get Peugeot Expert later in the year. Might have room for spare machine etc.
Thanks for assistance Cool
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 1 February 2004
Mark,

Dimensions of the saddle tanks are here

http://www.cross-american.com/equip.htm

Just scroll down the page bit

I think you could fit the Recoil and saddle tanks into most vans. I have been test driving the Recoil for 2 months now and I have been very impressed with its performance.

Nigel

Nigel
Posted by chris_rushton (Chris_R), 1 February 2004
It might fit in your van, but the weight, with water and all, will almost definitely be too much - dangerous! Shocked
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 1 February 2004
Smiley Hi Nigel

The Recoil 3 Machine spec look good, what type where you using before?

Len

Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 1 February 2004
I've been aware of these machines for years and they have always been in my mind to buy one. Ed Valentine looks to give VERY good service back up aswell if not by phone you can go to his web site or the american bb.

Shaun
Posted by Nigel_W (Nigel_W), 1 February 2004
Hi Len,

I was using a Prochem Steempro for portable work (also got a Performer truck mount). I have over the years used a wide range of portables but there has always been a large performance difference between the Performer and any other portable I have used. The Recoil very much plugs the gap between portable and truckmount. It is powerful enough to be van mounted but weighs only a little more than a Steempro if you need it to be portable.

Nigel
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 1 February 2004
I think if you look like for like a Cross America machine has much more vacuum.

Shaun
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 2 February 2004
Yes this recoil  machine certainly looks the business but can it be pluged in or does it run on fuel?? it dosent seem to say on the web site?
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 2 February 2004
Nick,

It runs off mains - Two sockets required.

John.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.