Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Posted by lee_gundry (lee_gundry), 31 January 2004
have you put your location in your profile HuhHuh??

this may help others to help you.

Lee G
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 31 January 2004
Sure have Grin....include details in your signature for ease.
Seems you can even add direct weblink....as below Cool
When you ruffle someone feathers in the forum they can get in touch instantly for further discussion Shocked
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 31 January 2004
Lee, you're asking a bit much arn't you! half the people on this site don't even give their real name Sad

But then what can you expect, concidering they have a moderator who still won't reveal his true identity

MIke

Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 31 January 2004
Smiley
Hi Lee

I think this refers to one of my postings (could be wrong) I’ve nothing to hide and updated my profile (location and age 45 coming on 70 depending on customer why can’t you do it now! then 21 when I’m relaxed no pressure)

The way I see it if any one has an opportunity to pass work commercial/insurance to another cc rather than lose it one will need their full details on this forum, so they can be contacted, I’m not expecting phone numbers, but a lest there location/area/town then you stand a chance.

I will always pass on work to contacts I know. So Carpet Cleaners supply your details

Len

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 1 February 2004
Lee

I do so agree, I have replied to a great many posts and wondered just where they are in the Country especially when suggesting a contact for them.

Regards
Derek
Posted by Alan_Harrison (Alan_Harrison), 2 February 2004
Thats me updated. Just gote to find a nice picture...
Posted by Alan_Harrison (Alan_Harrison), 2 February 2004
How do I upload my own picture?
Posted by woodman (woodman), 2 February 2004
No Len,

I think you'll find Mikes comments are aimed at me.

Of course Mike your quite welcome to take over as moderator if it bothers you that much. Roll Eyes
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 2 February 2004
Alan, Seems you can only upload from URL. I put a picture on my website then loaded it from there. Click onto properties of the pic you want and copy/paste into browser bar and Robert is your mums brother. Can always change website picture bace afterwards.

Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 2 February 2004
use can also use gif images...<<<<<<<<<see Cool

i just went to any old site rightclicked  the pic  and then as above
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 2 February 2004

Yes Woodman my comment was aimed at you but only in a friendly way Wink  

I don't see the piont in anonimity,  unless you've something to hide.

As for being a moderator, that jobs for men that tow the line, i live life on the edge, bowing down to no mans law Cool

Mike
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 2 February 2004
Hey Mike

I thought it was us moderators who were sticking their necks above the parapets....watching out for the 'sniper from South Yorks' goes with the job.... you just have to know when to duck! Wink Grin

I have to stick up for my fellow moderator...a minority group like us we could be persecuted. Wink

Cheers
Derek
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 2 February 2004
What sniper from South Yorkshire?

I hope you don't mean me, bang bang!!!!!!

Shaun
Posted by pre-vac_Nick (pre-vac_Nick), 2 February 2004
Theres me done Smiley
Posted by Ultraclean_Systems (Dave Ingram), 2 February 2004
I would have thought it be mandatory if not common curtsey to put all of your details in when joining a forum surely isn’t it for the common good of fellow workers to be up front. Most web sites you have to do this to gain information, something to do with filling in all red boxes before pressing send!   Maybe its an age thing could be why Lee & Mick picked up on it. Wink
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 3 February 2004
Isnt there a danger that if people use their real names and location you could give away your trade secrets or price statergey or igorance to a rival.

There are a lot of people who look at these boards and never make a post.

Posted by Les (Les), 3 February 2004
Good variety of valid comments, (as always) Wink
I've updated details. Smiley
Les
Posted by Ian_Hare (Ian Hare), 3 February 2004
Moderators.

Would it not be a good idea if there was a closed section on this board, which is not open to the general public or for people who don't participate in posting.  

This would be for the use of professionals who have to register all their details comprehensively, and make postings on a frequent basis.

Wink Cheesy
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 3 February 2004
Hi Ian

This would destroy the forum as we know it.

The NCCA has a restricted site for members only and does contain some interesting stuff BUT the wide variety of comments on a forum such as this draws out for more from participants..

Maybe those who don't post are shy, maybe some are not so confident as others, possibly wary of looking a fool by asking, what is perceived to be, a silly question.

If someone does ask what appears on the surface to be a 'silly' question there has to be an underlying reason.
There are also probably about twenty other people who are simply dying to ask the same question but daren't.

We all have to start somewhere.... I remember in my early days trying to keep out of prominent a carpet cleaners way in case he asked me a question I couldn't answer....  Some years later we did training courses together.

So long as we are all aware that this forum is an 'open' forum and write accordingly then I believe that it should stay as it is...

All those in favour?

Regards
Derek
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 3 February 2004
SmileyIan Hare

Not a bad idea this could also included manufactures/Jan supplies that way they can recommend a product if not in your arsenal of cleaning agents already

But I can see a problem here some of the cc professionals may be franchisees and are not allowed to uses the franchisors brand name with out permission, or they feel big brothers watching. May have got the answer to that one, never talk about the company.

Ian Gourlay

I understand your concern, but sorry most of your rivals already know who is who locally they only have to look at yellow pages, fliers, yell com, free local papers ECT, then phone you for a quote, trade secrets are they’re any?  What would be concerned to me, is they getting their hands on my clients database.

Len

Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 3 February 2004
My only worry about the forum is customers having a look , this website comes up well in search engines, thats good for new contributors, but you know what I mean.

I personally have no worrys as a new but dedictaed profesional providing the very finest in carpet and upholstery cleaning services in my area . Customer satisfaction is everything to me and even though some customers are shocked at 99p per square foot I charge they soon realise that I love their thier beloved furnishings as much as they do.
Reminds me of funny thing i experienced  the other day when a customer actually burst into tears with joy as she watched me work , she said the care i took over her beloved carpet rerminded her of a father careing for his new born child.

She had to run and get a tissue for her tears that gave me enough time to put some more persil in the tank of my vax.
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 3 February 2004
SmileyDerek

Point taken I will now shut up on this subject.

Len

Posted by Ian_Hare (Ian Hare), 4 February 2004
My idea was to have a closed forum in addition to the current open to all forum.
The closed one could be used by Manuf. Pros etc for more sensitive or delicate issues.

Perhaps a lot of you converse via private e-mail in this manner already?

Regards to all.
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 4 February 2004
Alexdh

Do you prefer the Vax to that Ninja you bought from me? I thought it would have lasted for more than a couple of months!!

Still waiting for your phone call.

p.s Make sur you use NON-BIO Persil.
Posted by SteveTruman (SteveTruman), 4 February 2004
Alex this vax u use ,do you think it would outperform the Hoover Jet N  Tongue Tongue Tongue TongueWash
Posted by Shaun_Ashmore (Shaun_Ashmore), 4 February 2004
it'll work better than John's Tm at the moment Grin

See ya tomorrow

Shaun
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 4 February 2004
OUCH, Shaun that BL**DY hurt, they have not looked at the van yet Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_Gourlay), 5 February 2004
John,

Sorry to hear about your acident with your truck mount.
I am curious that you had a Ninja, because I thought it looked like a Stimvak on your website

Regards

Ian

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.