Buy and sell used equipment here - Carpet cleaners, vacuums, scrubber dryers, rotaries, etc.

water tank
Posted by Rob_B (Rob_B), 14 November 2003
I saw this on e bay and thought someone might be interested in it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2572488826&category=26261
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 14 November 2003
cheers i found that and was hoping no one else did. hoped to pick it up cheap. only kidding i reckon the reserve is almost the buy it now price
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 14 November 2003
Hi
Do you think the £250 is a good price for this tank?
Cheers
Alan
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 15 November 2003
i reckon its about right from what andrews sell theres at.  £600 is way over the top as a value i think
Posted by bengiles (bengiles), 10 December 2003
for any one who is interested this is my tank!!!  i can make you a tank, baffled, with any drain plugs you need, any fittings you need, extra plates so you can fit pumps (which i sell also) hose reels etc to, the tanks are light, and really strong. perfect for pole systems, pressure washing, and carpet cleaning. there is a 4 week waiting list at present though.

regards Ben Giles, ultima cleaning.com
01239 621821
07970 918641
Posted by wreelyclean_servic (Wreelyclean Services), 28 December 2003
Shocked..I don`t know what you guys want a tank for, if not only to transport water, but why don`t you go to your local pallet yard, they usually do ibis tanks...the ones with the metal cage around them for those who may not know...they start at about 600 ltrs and go to about 1200 ltrs..all with a tap on that you can fit hoselocks to...all in all about £40 / £50...Have Fun...
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 2 January 2004
What size van would  you need to have for the 600 ltr tank Cool
Posted by dirkstar (dirkstar), 2 January 2004
what system are you using
Posted by wreelyclean_servic (Wreelyclean Services), 13 January 2004
Grin..A bog standard transit will carry a 600ltr tank....the tank fits between the wheel arches and all you have to do is choc it in with blocks of wood...

If you get a 1000ltr tank I would plum for a 120 / 150 tranny as they have uprated springs..

Simple really....Tank...Water....Hose to steam cleaner...Pressure hose to lance/flat surface cleaner.. Wink

Work smart not hard.. Grin
Posted by sean_rimmer (Dom Matrix aka BRODEX), 13 January 2004
Payloads
The transit 120 I believe has a payload of approximately 1200kg (it is the older model)
If this is the case, as bodystyle and wheelbase effects absolute payload (check vin plate) then a 1000L system when full, with passengers, ladders , roof rack, ladders, poles, bulkhead. etc etc will make you illegal (overweight) and liable to a hefty fine if caught.
I will not mention restraint systems here, but do recommend that all vans are fitted with bulkheads for operator protection; they are cheap, effective and prevent funerals.
Dom
Posted by wreelyclean_servic (Wreelyclean Services), 14 January 2004
Shocked Shocked..oops...forgot to mention all mine are chocced against the sides and the bulkheads in all my vans....I even have chimney vents for the fumes off the steam cleaners...sorry!

They also sit in aluminium trays, I have devised, with a drainage point, thereby increasing the longevity of the vans due to water spillages never actually sitting in the vans and rotting them....

If I thought that I would have to point out the friggin obvious to people I would seriously doubt there own ability to run their own business at anything like a profit.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.