Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Waterfed pole questions?
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 3 October 2003
I looking to buy in the near future a waterfed pole and i know their are a few companys out their but which one do i choose. Huh What do i look for in a good system Huh and what should i avoid Huh

Many thanks

Steve Lowe
Posted by Polepro (Polepro), 3 October 2003
Best thing is to get a demo, most of them will come to you so you can judge the results for yourself. I recommend that you get demos from at least three, Tucker, Ionic Systems or Omnipole. Look closely at the poles as thats what you'll be working with all day, some bend more than others and some are heavier than others. Remember that you get paid for cleaning windows so you need kit that gives you maximum time on the glass.
Thanks for that info polepro Cheesy by the way who is polepro just out of interest Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 3 October 2003
Hi Steve
Will you have enough work for a full pole system  Huh
They are not cheap , you could get a diy kit for starters at a fraction of the cost , then when the work builds up upgrade to a full system .
Try
www.cleantech.co.uk
www.window-tools.com
www.andwat.co.uk Cool
Hi John
          Thanks for those links. At this stage i am just looking around at everything and then deciding on the way forward.

Steve
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 4 October 2003
Hi John,
          I see on your website that you use a waterfed pole Huh Which one do you use Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 4 October 2003
Hi Steve
I have 3
A 40 ft OTT
A 18 ft pole from window-tools
And a 6 ft Cool
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 5 October 2003
Sorry John,
               I meant what system do you use Huh

Steve
Posted by steve_massey (steve_massey), 5 October 2003
I use the reach & wash systerm I have used it for 18 months I origanally bought a 300litre commercial but found out i was runing out of water on big jobs and it took about 6 hours to refill so i up graded to the 650 litre and it is spot on. the poles i use 40ft, 20ft. 10ft.
I would like to say that i would use carbon fiber poles over 30ft as the fiber glass have a lot of flex in them which makes it a hard days work.
Posted by CARPMAN (CARPMAN), 11 October 2003
To Polepro

OTT changed its name to ionic
omnipole has not chaned its name

CARPMAN
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 11 October 2003
Hi Steve,
            What size van would i need for a 650 litre system and does this last you a day Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by Polepro (Polepro), 13 October 2003
Thanks, Carpman
Posted by Ben (Ben), 11 November 2003
Hi Steve would apprecate any info on yoour search for a pole system. I have one but I bought it fron a guy how built it himself in eastbourne but poles worn out so I got two aliuminum poles from omnipole heavey and cold in the winter but lovely brush heads and they do a sill brush that is shaped to clean the window and theen the sill perfectly but the after sales service is realy CRAP and I have heard that from two other people?
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 12 November 2003
Hi Ben,
         I have recieved information from quite a few companies but when i get a system it will probably be from   www.window-tools.com  because everyone i have spoken to that has had a system from them said it was excellent Cheesy

Steve
Posted by highwash (highwash), 12 November 2003
contact www.cleantech.co.uk
bought a lot of stuff off them-website a bit dated but aftersales and advice excellent-especially as i was new to the trade-i think stream have the best onboard tanks-saving up for one Smiley
Posted by james44 (james44), 12 November 2003
steve, if you are looking fo a diy system to get used to pole work try the one,  type r1 from h&g promotions i bought one very handy & cheap but made well cost  £49.99 have a look at there web site..www.Hgpromotions.com

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.