General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Want to start up haven't got a clue
Posted by lady (lady), 18 October 2003
Hello everyone
I am thinking of starting up my own cleaning business how do i do this, my experience? I havw been a cleaner for 2 yrs
Posted by admin (Forum Admin), 18 October 2003
Hi 'Lady'
Welcome to the site!
You've asked a very general question which is unlikely to get much response. Have you looked through previous posts? - there is a lot of information there which will help you. Once your questions get more specific you'll find you'll get more replies than just asking outright for a business plan Wink

Good luck

ps You'll get taken more seriously if you use your real name or company name - you can change it by going to the profile section.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 19 October 2003
Hi

There are so many aspects of the cleaning industry it depends on which particular one you are interested in starting up.

Domestic cleaning
Office cleaning
Contract cleaning
Carpet cleaning

All take a lot of hard work, you need to make sure that you have the correct insurance cover for whichever section you are going into

Regards
Derek
Posted by A_to_Z_Clean (A_to_Z_Clean), 20 October 2003
Grin
Do 10.000 flayers ( with you bussines) put them to the doors (don't pay for distribution-do it your self ) and after that sit down and pray Grin Grin

This will give you basic idea about how bussines will grow and how much of hard work it is.

Good Luck
Adam
AtoZ Clean

Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 20 October 2003
Hi Lady

Well I've been 'at it' for about 6 weeks and loving it really. It's great to be doing things again under my own steam and initative!

I have a few posts on here, especially when it comes to pricing which I have found the most difficult part of the job. Is it too high/low etc.

Definatley get yourself onto the courses available (prochem, NCCA) and don't forget that all important Public Liability Insurance!

Get your name out there and get going.

Like anything in life, if you want it you have to take ...

ACTION!

Regards

Martin Cool
Posted by petra (petra), 23 October 2003
Do not forget to register with the tax office within 12 weeks of starting up, otherwise a fine may come your way
Petra
Posted by villch (villch), 28 October 2003
Hi,
Posted by villch (villch), 28 October 2003
I'm also thinking of starting my own domestic cleaning business but not sure where and how to start.  My target area is SW London and thinking of charging £12ph, is this too much?

A friend of mine would like to join the business and would like to rent a shop/office around SW as it good to be seen,  is this a good idea or is it best to just use our house as our office?

Your advise would be very helpful

Thanks

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.