Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

POLE USE
Posted by wrighty (wrighty), 18 March 2004
Hi Peeps,

I am fairly new to the window game and it may sound daft but what is the exact use of the poles eg. Unger opti - loc and how easy are they to use.  Can you do most of the upstairs windows on houses with them and are the results good.  I have some very awkward 1st floor windows to clean and I have just got a few 3 storey houses so I need to get my act together quickly so please comment and advise me.  I may look at a wfp system soon but I dont have a great deal of work for one but, I did notice in another post somewhere that Ionic do a residential kit fairly cheap but the pole has not got a great reach on it.

Finally are there any poles/systems that you reccommend.

I look forward to your replies and thanks.

Craig
Posted by Reuben_Reynolds (Reuben_Reynolds), 23 March 2004
Craig,

Our residential range of poles are made of Glass fibre,
they represent good value for money and range from 4ft to 40ft

12ft residential wfp @ £49.95 + vat  
18ft residential wfp @ £79.95 + vat
30ft residentail wfp @ £154.95 + vat
40ft residential wfp @ £189.95 + vat

For further details on poles and The Reach & Wash System, please request a catalogue on 01249 890 990 or by e-mail at ionicsystems.com

Regards

Reuben

Posted by Majestic (Majestic), 23 March 2004
Reuben
I enquired about a 50 ft pole from you and the price jumped up from
£189.95 for a 40 ft  to
over £700 for the 50 ft that seems a large leap for a extra 10 ft
John

Posted by Reuben_Reynolds (Reuben_Reynolds), 24 March 2004
John,

The residential range of poles go up to 40ft in Glass fibre.

The 50ft and 60ft poles we produce are in Carbon fibre a more expensive material.

A 50ft pole in Glass fibre would not be ridgid enough for high level cleaning.

If you would like to know more about our range of poles please dont hesitate to mail me reuben@ionicsystems.com

kind regards

Reuben      
Posted by stevekennedy (stevekennedy), 24 March 2004
There is no comparison between the residential and the carbon, we have two carbon poles and two res poles from Ionic. The Carbon poles are really strong and don't flex very much at all, they also have the double trim brush which is very good. The residential are okay. Nice and light, good value, but they have much more flex and the brush is lighter duty.

I would definitely go for the carbon, especially at that hieght. It will last a long time. It will be worth it. We have a 45ft ergolite and it performs very well.
Posted by choice.clean (choice.clean), 26 March 2004
you'll also need a van with 300 litres of water a set of hose reels a purified water filtration system and a cheque book
Posted by simonb (simonb), 26 March 2004
You may need to wear waterproofs when working too!
Posted by replacement (Justin R), 26 March 2004
Heheh dont knock the water proofs.

Thats me in the picture with the water proofs

Today had a call from a customer to price her house up, so off i go. I get there it anit an house more like an Mansion.

Anyway got talking and she said some chaps called the other day reguards window cleaning they wanted £50, she also mentioned that they had jeans t-shirts and looked dirty, non shaved, they had ear rings and that as well. Theres me standing there in me water proofs. Grinning from one ear to the other.

Anyway cut along story short i say ill do the whole house for £90 and if she wanted the conservatory roof done that will be an extra £50, she then ask's about inside i tell her thats double what the outside is. She then says better ask the husband ( bloody hell i think, his going to mess this up ) off i go.

10 mins ago she rung and said YES please  Grin

Now moral of the story dont mock the water proofs they got me that work, so pleased i had a shave before i went over as well now Smiley

Justin

Look Pro Get the Job

ps Put that in ur pipe and smoke it.
Posted by replacement (Justin R), 27 March 2004
simonb

Anything to say about that. Mocking the water proofs got the job.
Posted by steve_wright (steve_wright), 27 March 2004
New to window cleaning game! How come you charge double for inside the house/mansion?

But well done for getting the job

Steve Wright  Wink
Posted by replacement (Justin R), 27 March 2004
Theres a few things why i charged double.

(1) I dont really want to do it
(2) It will be a pain moving items
(3) I might break something
(4) Ill need to be extra carefull
(5) It will take me longer than the outside
(6) Ill have to employ someone with me for the day for it as its rather large.

Plus shes not sure she wants it done, she was talking once an yr for inside.
Posted by steve_wright (steve_wright), 27 March 2004
Yes it makes sense when you put it like that.

Thanks.  Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.