Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

the North - south differance.
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 7 November 2003
Did anyone read the interesting report in the daily Mail on the cost of living difference betreen the south & north?

Its now wonder all you southerners are charging a fortune to clean carpets, from what I could see if you earn £80k in the south east you could have the same lifestyle  for £50 in the north.

You may think that this has little to do with carpet cleaning  but I was thinking down south it must be easier for you to part with £4000 for the fast track programme because its only like a couple of months morgage Grin  the same with a truckmount.

Has any of you moved  from the north and found it hard?

My measly earnings don't look that bad now I know  down south you can't buy a pint for half a crown Wink

Mike
Posted by DP (DP), 7 November 2003
The North!!
I think thats a pub in Watford, but Ive never been that far up, Ive heard they talk funny up there.  Grin
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 7 November 2003
Mike

It is The NORTH and south!! NOT visa versa.

Up NORTH where the BEER is BEST.

Posted by martin_606 (martin_606), 7 November 2003
The North?...

where's that then Wink

In fact I think I went there once...

It was closed Grin

Actually lived in Blackpool for 14 years, much better down here, sunnier for a start.

regards

Martin Cool
Posted by lenpg (lenpg), 7 November 2003
Hi Mike

You are party right about the north south divides, ever time I go north of the river it cost me more in fags and diesel and I make sure I take my passport so the let me back in the South (joke) don’t worry the customers in the SE are as frugal as the North

Len

Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 13 November 2003
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Beer is best in NORWAY

but if I had to drink English Beer it would be

NEWCASTLE BROWN ALE
Posted by Ian_G. (Ian_G.), 13 November 2003
About 15 years ago I had a well paid job in the South.

I was offered promotion to Newcastle.

Although I was paid more I should have stayed in the South as House price inflation was far in excess of any extra money I was earning.

However if you stay in the North and earn good money you can have a good standard of living.

However Mike I remember reading that you had made so much money you do not know what to do with it.

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 13 November 2003
SSShhh the tax man might be listening Grin

Ivar, I've been to Norway, the beer might be good, but its £5 a pint Shocked Shocked

Mike
Posted by Ivar_Haglund (Ivar_Haglund), 13 November 2003
IT'S NOT THAT BAD

around 50 kroner per .5 liter

IVAR

RINGNESS ØL BESTE

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.