General Cleaning Issues - Floorcare, car valeting, buying and selling businesses, pricing, staffing, market research, etc.

Cleaning chat forum
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 20 January 2004
hi every 1
do think it would be good if we had a chat forum on clean it up.
new here, seen it on other forums and it seems to work just a sugestion.
Andy
Posted by DP (DP), 20 January 2004
Hi Andy
I co host another unrelated forum with a "live chat". I will tell you that it gave us lots of grief for some time before we got it right.

The key is to get the right one (one that is not slow) the top ones have to be purchased and can require an expensive architecture.

There are a number of free versions but they usually contain bugs which need to be fixed only to find that they are dead slow and irritate people.

Moderating these chat rooms is also another job for someone if the forum policy requires it.

Great idea but it’s not the easiest thing to put together. So it has both my support and sympathy based on my own experiences for what its worth. However there are always other options with these things.

Posted by petra (petra), 20 January 2004
so if we all wanna chat why not use MSN and arrange a regular chat
Petra
Posted by DP (DP), 20 January 2004
Like all chat rooms MSN can get really funny if you have lots of people on at once as you end up with lots of individual conversations, with nobody understanding anybody.

Grin Grin
Posted by petra (petra), 21 January 2004
well that sounds normal to me Dp.... Grin
Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 21 January 2004
ok m8
if it's all barny rubble (trouble) then it ain't worth it.
Andy
Posted by Mike_Boxall (Mike_Boxall), 21 January 2004
Hi Andy

Sorry, I'm only just catching up on the last few days topics (and thanks for the order by the way!)

We have had requests for the chat facility a couple of times now and it's something we have looked at. DP is right, to get anything that works well with the existing forum, realistically, may take a while to implement.

There are other things we're looking at as well but at the moment we want to keep it simple and invest what we can in recruiting more members. Once we have a few hundred more that visit on a daily basis we can slow down on the advertising side and look at ways of improving the function of it all.

Speak to you soon and hope it all goes to plan for you!

Posted by Auto_Groom (Auto_Groom), 21 January 2004
Thanx mike
products work fine
Andy
Posted by DP (DP), 21 January 2004
Andy im up for the MSN mate it just gets funny when there is lots  Wink

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.