Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

Van Insurance!!!
Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 10 February 2004
By reading my recents posts you will have gathered that I was involved in a traffic accident with my van, this happened on Thursday 29th January, TODAY 10th February the insurers KMG have managed to send an engineer to look at the van, that in my mind is 13 days after the accident!!!

Anybody else come across this time span after an accident??

The jist of my post is STAY CLEAR of KMG insurance.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Angry Angry Angry Angry Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 10 February 2004
John,

Insurance companies have a special calendar when it involves paying out - and a special stop-watch when it involves us paying in. Roll Eyes

John.
Totally agree with you there John, KMG are not having any more of my cash after the end of the month (end of insurance period). Cry Cry Cry
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 10 February 2004
Smiley
John

Did you follow their instructions to get quotes they normally like two, that can take time typed up by the repair shop and submitted? (max two days)

The way I have dealt with vehicles insurance companies is it to tell the insured to pester them! Used to be partner (non working) of a body shop.

Has you van been off the road in this time not legally drivable? Was your fault? (If not you may be able to claim loss on the other insurer?

Now you have a problem if the repair shop say two day to fix add one too two day, unable to get parts.

Don’t know KMG but it works out the same for all.

Len

I sincerley believe that the accident was not my fault, I told the 3rd party that I wanted the police (he called for them) plenty of other vehicles on the road at the scene of the accident, but been good upstanding folk they all P*SSED OFF, because of NO witnesses, police put it down Knock for Knock, got my vehicle towed away and offered me a lift home.

Been told that vehicle, now to be  repaired and ready in 7 days.
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Sorry the police do not say knock for knock

You’re a wind up

Refer to your pervious quote

Then you say quote been told that vehicle now been repaired and ready in 7 days

But I like it

Len

Please yourself Lenny, the PC told us to exchange details as it was Knock for Knock!!

This is NOT a wind up.

I hope your never in this situation.
Posted by mickeyfat (VGC), 10 February 2004
i htought knock for knock was when there was no white lines in the road!(like in lanes) Huh

so i for one believe you

but i will have to check the highway code and if i am wrong i shall bow my head in shame and get my coat Grin
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Hi John

This may happen in your part of the county but in the met and Kent area the police do not comment useless they are nicking you, Knock for knock is an insurance term, when no one can determent who fault it is, and yes I’ve been there, far too often with the wife luckily for me but I have insurance protection.

Reflect on your pervious posts, accident 29th Jan TODAY 10th Feb. engineer looked at your van, and then today 10th been told that vehicle now been repaired and ready in 7 days. If it’s repaired now!! Why are you waiting 7 days to pick it up?

Sorry you have just shot your self in the foot. Take extreme care when dealing with a customer you could/may do the same!!

Len

Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 11 February 2004
Hi Len

Have you thought it may be that the garage may not want to release the vehicle until they have been paid by the insurance company?

They are not the quickest payers in the book... see John's earlier comment

Cheers
Derek

Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 11 February 2004
Len, the van has not yet been repaired, it is to be repaired and the repair will hopefully be completed in 7 days!! It was border line case(writeoff).

Boy arnt I glad I dont have to deal with you folk south of Sheffield. Grin Grin Grin.

Posted by Jim_Lynch (Jim_Lynch), 11 February 2004
Gee, you're a hard marker, Len  Wink

John, I think I'm a bit south of Sheffield   Grin

Hope you get back on the road soon.

Jim
Thanks for you comment  Jim.

I agree with you, Lenny boy is a hard case.

Please take my comment about South of Sheffield with tongue in cheek.

Hey Jim, I've just checked your location, as you remark, a long way South of Sheffield
Posted by Phil_@_Deep_Clean (Phil_@_Deep_Clean), 11 February 2004
Hi John,

I had a small knock last October and I feel for you, its not nice, personaly I was nearly in tears as I'm really proud of this van . Cry

Usual accident, she was driving so close to me if the doors had opened she probably would have drove inside the van.

However Direct Line totaly solved the situation, didnt have to do anything, the bloke came to assess the damage 2 days after the accident (not sure why yours took so long), I even asked Direct Line if they could hold on till January to do the repair as I had a week off then. They did a terrific job on the damage while I had the week off.

Hope you get your van on the road soon, nothing worse looking than a dented van.

Phil
I feel the same about my van Phil, T reg and only 38k genuine miles on the clock it was unmarked up to this accident.

Do Directline do commercial insurance??

Regards

John
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 11 February 2004
Hey Phil

Are you sure it's Direct Line....

My car insurance is with them but when I  asked about my van they said they didn't insure commercial vehicles.

Perhaps they have had a rethink?

Derek
Posted by Phil_@_Deep_Clean (Phil_@_Deep_Clean), 12 February 2004

Derek,

Definately Direct Line.

Phil
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 12 February 2004
You must have blue eyes and a nice smile Phil  Wink  Grin

Cheers
Derek
Posted by Phil_@_Deep_Clean (Phil_@_Deep_Clean), 12 February 2004

Thanks Derek Wink

Glad you didnt miss out the word 'MUST' Grin

Phil
The blue eyed boy
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 12 February 2004
Smiley
Sorry for not coming back a.s.a.p been on a course in Stafford for one & ½ days, long drive home! Not carpets but an add on, which may bring me in a few more bob.

Jim you want to see deal with customers! I take no prisoners.

John I’m glad things, are working out for you, keep the pressure on the garage that you need it back.   Regarding insurance try the co-op (CIS) there pretty good and cheap, John I take it that you have third part fire and theft insurance if any one has this it will always cause problems.

Safe driving to all
Len

Posted by John_Flynn (John_Flynn), 12 February 2004
Third, Party Fire and Theft!!!

Your joking aren't you, I'm covered Fully Comp'and always have been during my 35 years of accident free driving..

Never gone for the cheap way out in my life and I'm NOT starting now. Thanks but NO thanks for your CIS advise.

Len with your comments I gather what you know about accidents, repairs, insurance and what police officers can and cannot say would fill a book, What you DO NOT know will fill a Library!!

Here endeth my comments in this post
Posted by lenpg (Len Gribble), 12 February 2004
Smiley

John

If you are fully covered why but why are you having so much of a problem?? Most vehicles insurer’s if not all do it over the phone, and sort it out behind the scene with the other insurers, unless there are major problems with the accident.

SORRY if I’d assumed wrongly in your case that you had TPFT, but this was meant as a warring to all as these always lead to problems on claims. 35 years accident free is irrelevant you & others only get the max no claims discount if you don’t have a claim within a period of time or have point against you.

Yes I was in the body repair trade, regarding the police (it may happen where you are) both are in my pervious post.

Filling a Library See my personal text (Test Test; knowledge is power) and Simply the best!!! But do some times have problems (that’s were this forum comes in to it’s own)

Re CIS it was only suggestion take it or leave it but they saved me £215 on the same policy cover as Swintons.

In simple terms Play it strait and your never be court out!!!

Len

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.