Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

QUALITY CARPET/UPHOLSTERY CLEANING EQUIPMENT
Posted by stevegunn (Steve Gunn), 27 November 2003
Anyone got any thoughts on this lot any good Huh

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2576118194&category=633&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26261&item=2575765573
Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 27 November 2003
Steve,

I spotted these, plus a Prochem spotting kit earlier this evening.

The first link is to a mixed lot, the main item being a good quality rotary. As to the rest  - an odd assortment - unless anyone wanted all of it and since the opening bid is £500 I think if bought for one or two items with the thought of re-selling the remainder, it is unlikely to be the barain of the week.

The other lot, the Century 400 machine, is not the forerunner of Ashbys' Ninja but nevertheless a reasonable back-up machine.  Untill a recent robery I carried a larger (modified) version of this model on the van incase of breakdowns.

In fairness I should state that I have placed a bid, so disregard what I have stated above - it's a rubish bit of kit Tongue

Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 27 November 2003
The pile lifters worth £800ish by its self.

anyone who pays a £1100 for this will get his moneys worth,  I would'nt go any higher .

the second link is a run-of- the-mill budget extractor, i would'nt pay more than £450 for it.

Mike
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 27 November 2003
John, stop planting red herrings Wink  just because you've made a bid.

the rotory is nothing special, the real good bit of kit is the Pile lifter.

Mike
Posted by paul@ctcs (paul@ctcs), 27 November 2003
May make a late bid to get extraction machine Grin Grin Grin

paul
Posted by woodman (woodman), 28 November 2003

Does it include the fridge and tumble dryer Grin

Posted by Dynafoam (Dynafoam), 28 November 2003
Mike,

No red herring intended - haveing re-read the rather messy list I now see the pilelifter in there  Embarassed

The bid I placed was for the Century 400 machine - nothing special, just something small to tuck in the corner of the van in case of break-downs. Have you ever cleaned half a filthy carpet only to have  total machine failure ?

Even if it means usein a hand-tool, haveing something to finish the job is a godsend.

John.
Posted by ALEXDH (ALEXDH), 28 November 2003
hands off the spotting kit

it's mine

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

sorry bit agressive that
Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.