Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

fed up with wet seats??
Posted by recs (recs), 6 October 2003
Huh

Has anyone got any genuine tips on how to keep the water in your bucket whilst driving. I know it sounds daft and I do not drive like Schumaker but my car boot and now the seats are sopping wet.
Is there something everyone uses??
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 6 October 2003
Hi recs,
          When i am doing my domestic work i use a round bucket that fits in between the rungs of my ladder which saves it being in the van. Cool

Steve Lowe
Posted by jake (jake), 6 October 2003
recs mate

I've never had any trouble driving around with the bucket in the boot!! just leave the T bar in! ( using a proper oblong bucket ) and dont overfill!

jake  Cheesy
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 6 October 2003
I use 25 litre to 8 litre plastic water containers. I don't save water between each clean.
Posted by g_griffin (g_griffin), 6 October 2003
you can get a bucket with a lid on. i use an oblong bucket without a lid and have no problems.  gerry
Posted by karlosdaze (karlosdaze), 6 October 2003
I also use the oblong, I have a plastic sheet with a hockey strap, but can also be folded over to keep the water in, never use it for that though. Its for keeping one of those car-tidy pouches around the rim, with my cards, pen, vat book, scraper etc in it.
Posted by samm (samm), 6 October 2003
I keep my bucket (when in the van) in a plastic storage tub, with plastic hinged lid - was under £10. I put t-bar in bucket, but it still spills out  (4 oclock onwards) the tub catches any.
Posted by Northern_Cleaning (Northern_Cleaning), 7 October 2003
use a window cleaning bucket and leave your applicator in the water

Posted by The_Fed_Man (The_Well_Fed_Man), 7 October 2003
Started using Bucket in a Bottle a few years back and haven't looked back.  No more bucket to drag along and bend over to, easy storage, mine goes over the seat back on my work belt.

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.