Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

Green moss type stuff on a conserv roof
Posted by matt (matt), 23 September 2003
we were asked today to clean this conserv roof, its the tri wall type

well i have a long poll (oooo-eeerrrrr mrs)

the roof is allmost all green

any type of detergent to help remove it HuhHuh
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 24 September 2003
We have always used a pole with an applicator and squeegee and GG4 and sometimes a hose to rinse it all off Cheesy

Steve Lowe
Posted by simonb (simonb), 24 September 2003
I mix dilute bleach and fairy liquid its a bit lethal but really cuts the green. Try not to get it on your hands eyes etc
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 25 September 2003
I use amonnia in water and wash on with a pole with applicator and have a pole with a little brush on then rinse off
Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 26 September 2003
Hi Guys,
           Do you find ammonia and bleach is ok with the PVC double glazed conservatory roofs Huh (Doesn't dull the plastic) Huh

Steve Lowe
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 26 September 2003
Hi Steve no good as gold have to rinse after and drys streak free
Alan
Cheers Alan,
                  I will give that a go. Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 26 September 2003
The worst thing about this stuff is the smell and it stinks I recently done a bungalow and all the whites where black from blocked gullies used a solution 300ml to 1 bucket of water as geared up with gloves goggles the roof was like a lawn after I finished cleaned in side of the roof and could not see a streak in sight but as health and saftey issues go might not pass but I use it as its easy no messing around.
Next job will be trying GG4 on it though results good yea, do you need to rinse, does it rinse streat free
Cheers Alan
Hi Alan
         Yes i do rinse it off after using GG4 but it seems to dry fine Grin

Steve Lowe
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 3 October 2003
Hi Alan,
          Have you tried out your winspray gun yet on conservatory roofsHuh

Steve Lowe

Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 3 October 2003
Hi steve
not yet done a wash down on thursday there was not enough room for the ladder down the side of the house so used it to clean the eves and gullies and you could see the dirt running of quite impressed have got conservatory job next week so will let you know.
Only thing need to find a light extension pole the ettore 8ft one a bit heavy to use when up a ladder also need to buy some decent clips to clip hose to pole.
Alan
Posted by Nick_Purssey (Nick_Purssey), 3 October 2003
Hi all
My first time on the forum, to clean concervatory roofs  i use Ungers Hi-Flo kit which is a water fed brush you can fix to the end of a poll, then just link to a garden tap,  it cleans the frame as well as the glass, cost about £75-£100
Posted by easycleanwindows (easycleanwindows), 3 October 2003
we use our tucker pole disconnecting the resin tanks and just using outside tap
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 4 October 2003
Hi Alan,
         I look forward to finding out how you get on because i have spent hundreds over the last few years on things that look good but don't work very well. Cry

Steve
Posted by shinnyshinner (shinnyshinner), 4 October 2003
Hi steve
I know how you feel
Alan
Posted by STEVE71163 (Steve Lowe), 9 October 2003
Hi Alan,
          How are you getting on with your winspray gun Huh

Steve

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.