Carpet Cleaning Issues - Carpet construction, upholstery cleaning, stain removal, equipment, events, etc.

dry fusion
Posted by peewa (neil 47), 1 December 2003
Is dry fusion as good as hwe , and is it worth investing in.
Or do you need both
thanks neil
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 1 December 2003
Yes it's good, sometimes better than HWE sometimes not so. Well worth the investment, especially for offices. Yes you need both if you want to service as wide a market as possible.

Safe and happy cleaningSmiley
Ken
Posted by SMP (SMP), 1 December 2003
Ken,
I have been watching the various posts on Dry Fusion on the many forums I peruse  Roll Eyes.

As you know I have a TM which means that I can turn up, clean lots of carpet then disappear again.

Dry fusion looks very tempting in terms of the drying time (almost instant).  However on a large job, say 400 sqm, I would be bothered about the time setting up the solution and the mountain of laundry afterwards?  How do you go on with large jobs?  On a good day with a TM I can exceed 80 sqm per hour (yes I do vac!!) on my own.

How do you go on?
Cheers

Steve Poole
Posted by Glynn (Glynn), 1 December 2003
The opinions I recieve daily are, "its not that dry stuff is it"
you cant clean without water can you ?
and I must say , I would challenge any against my TM system.
IMO.

Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 2 December 2003
Steve
I'd be working at about the same rate in a typical furnished office situation, but with an assistant. Last Saturday we did just over 400sq.M in 5 hours.

Glynn

For the benefit of those who haven't followed the discussions on this topic elsewhere, I would agree with you that a T/M will always remove more soil, but in some situations, a low moisture system such as Dry Fusion will actually leave the carpets LOOKING cleaner. My experience, and others, is that the protector in Dry Fusion is leading to the carpet looking cleaner for longer and extending the cleaning intervals. Then we have the situation which I will have in 2 weeks time cleaning an office block in London. The van will be parked a taxi ride away. There is absolutely no way a T/M would be allowed to be parked there. Ever!

As has been said on many occasions by many people. A machine is just a piece of kit. Every cleaning system has a valid and valuable role within the marketplace. What's more important is that it is used correctly and for the right reasons.

Ken
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 3 December 2003
Hi Ken

Is the fact that the Dry Fusion cleaned carpet 'looks' cleaner due to optical brighteners being present?

Regards
Derek
Posted by mike_halliday (mike_halliday), 3 December 2003
Derek, this has been my thought for ages!

But is'nt the D/F chemical Woolsafe approved? if so, I thought O/Bs were not allowed in woolsafe approved solutions.

Even so I think some chemical trickery is going on with the new generation bonnet chemicals. I saw a carpet cleaned with D/F and it did look cleaner. I then I looked at the pad, it was hardly soiled. Where did the dirt go?

Mike
Posted by Ken_Wainwright (Ken Wainwright), 3 December 2003
Mike's answered that one for me DB.

As to where does the soil go? Can't really answer that one. There's certainly a lot of soil come out of my pads when laundered. But I'd like to add that the cleaning physics and chemistry of Dry Fusion are unique, and much of it is a trade secret. Suffice to say it works, the carpet stays clean longer and my customers are happy.

Ken

PS By looking cleaner, as has been discussed in the past, it was more in reference to cleaning low profile synthetics by HWE whether portable or T/M. I feel sure that most of us here have seen instances of these type of carpets looking dirtier after drying from HWE.
Posted by Derek (Derek Bolton), 4 December 2003
Hi

I, like you, was led to believe that OBA's (optical brightening agents) were being taken out of chemicals years ago...

Imagine my surprise when I was informed by a high profile person in the chemical supply business that "small amounts of 0BA's do feature in some if our chemicals but in such small amounts that they don't need to feature on the MSDS sheets" Shocked

A year or two later I discovered that the 'generic' powder used to test fabrics for washing to British Standard also contains OBA's "to reflect the components of most washing powders"

Derek
Posted by peewa (neil 47), 4 December 2003
Thanks for your opinions but to tell you the truth I still dont understand how a chemical and some towels can clean better than a extraction system surley some dirt must be left behind,is it just a illusion,hot choclate lol
Posted by Musicman (Musicman), 4 December 2003
Neil, my subject now - Just an Illusion was Imagination - not Hot Chocolate!
Posted by peewa (neil 47), 5 December 2003
I stand corrected musicman
neil
Posted by strakercleaning (strakercleaning), 5 December 2003
13 weeks in the top 20 and highest position was No 7.
My subject also... Wink
Posted by Ian_Hare (Ian_Hare), 5 December 2003
 Just an illusion by imagination stood at #2 in the official UK chart for week ending 3rd April 1982
Goombay Dance Band were at #1 with Seven Tears!

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.