Window Cleaning Issues - Canvassing, pole systems, pricing, problems, etc.

dropped pole on womans head today
Posted by josephus (josephus), 25 February 2004
yes thats right i was leaning over a balcony and it slipped out of my hand.

i looked down thinking "this could be terrible" then watched as it hit this poor ladies head piont first.

she was very nice and didnt even get my name and i made i quick exit.

i will let you know if more comes from it.

LET THAT BE A LESSON i never thought it possible.

josephus
Posted by Rick (Rick), 25 February 2004
hmmmm.....sounds like a good idea. i can't believe i never thought of it. what an excellent new way to meet girls  Wink

whenever i'm up a ladder and a nice girl walks past me next, i'm gonna throw my squeeggee at her.
Posted by Fox (Fox), 25 February 2004
That was me!  I've got a terrible headache!

Watch out if I was you - hope you've got plenty pli  Grin

Fox
Posted by Terry_Burrows (Terry_Burrows), 25 February 2004
Winkcareful guys!always be careful when
a woman meets your pole before you Grin I hope it was not extended Grin I do agre what a way to meet women! Grin
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson  [Silly Philly]), 25 February 2004
What Fox said is of great importance, and highlights the need for good Public Liability Insurance cover.

Let's say you had seriously injured the poor woman, she could have sued you for anything up to £100,000.

Always make sure your insurance is up to date!

Philip
Posted by gibbouk (gibbouk), 25 February 2004
insurance a must and check out lanyards window cleaning center do a nice one, if you know anyone on the rigs they get loads of them.
Posted by fez (fez), 25 February 2004
I have £1 000 000 public liability insurance, but this post got me thinking. What would happen if you were sued for £100 000 like Silly says - and you weren't insured?
Would you have to declare bankrupt or face prison? Anyone know?
Posted by Silly_Philly (Philip Hanson  [Silly Philly]), 25 February 2004
As its not a legal requirement to be insured, (and this is not assault-it is an accident), I don't think you'd face prison.  

But this would almost certainly mean bankruptcy.

That would not help the victim much though, after bankruptcy expenses, you would be left with at most a few thousand pounds once the estate had been liquidated.

I hate to think that I could be a victim of an accident by an uninsured driver, tradesman etc and I'd get no compensation.  I don't want to put other people in that position, so I get insured.

Philip
Posted by Rick (Rick), 25 February 2004
you can't get blood out of a stone. compensation has truely gone beyond a joke anyway.
Posted by pw (paul w), 25 February 2004
dropped pole and made quick exit........ar is that what thay call a pole volt. Grin Grin Cheesy Huh
Posted by josephus (josephus), 25 February 2004
oh very clever !!!

i am in too bad a mood to joke, but rest assured that in due coursei will steal your joke and pretend it was my own.

regards

josephus

This page is a thread posted to the cleanitup forum at www.cleanitup.co.uk and archived here for reference. To jump to the archive index please follow this link.